It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I agree chaos...that is why I ask. Rumors spread like wildfire; especially here on ATS. Seeking that information is paramount. If there was indeed such a device (we can assume one was at or near the JKF library according to the stories) but it is good to document where the reports of the unexploded devices were.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

don't troll here. we need answers. and speculation how a 7 year old boy was killed. "American hatred" is not a phrase used here.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by loOranks
(CBS News) Following the twin blasts at the Boston Marathon that has claimed two lives and dozens injured, a Saudi national is being held in custody in relation to the incident who was near the scene of the blast, CBS News correspondent John Miller reported.

A 20 year old student who has since been released. Police have stated he is NOT a "person of interest".

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saorsainn

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by badfish420

Originally posted by hoochymama
The dog must learn to recognize thousands of active ingredients that might be used in an explosive. Trainers expose the canine to signature compounds that are found in many different types of explosives. In this way, a dog can be trained to detect all manner of bombs by memorizing a dozen or so smells. Some bomb components are more odoriferous than others. C-4 has an incredibly strong scent; it's followed in decreasing order of smelliness by dynamite, TOVEX, detonating cord, and TNT."

I emphasize "THOUSANDS OF ACTIVE INGREDIENTS". How could this be a Black Powdered bomb?? Or whatever is being speculated without the dogs finding it.

Black powder is used in bullets and dogs are capable of detecting trace amounts. If the dogs were to alert on black powder it would be alerting constantly.
edit on 15-4-2013 by badfish420 because: (no reason given)

Ignorance in motion here....

Black powder is NOT used in bullets. LET ME REPEAT....NOT USED IN BULLETS.

Black powder is used in old style weapons like...muskets. Flintlock type stuff, you know? Primitive weapon season...you know?

What is used in modern bullets is a totally different animal.

Could one use whatever is in modern day bullets to construct a bomb? I would think the dogs would not train on that since their handlers would be carrying loaded guns.

One could, but it would require detonators and a deal more sophisticated bomb making skills. Black powder, on the other hand, makes for a much simpler explosive device. All you need is a fuse and a properly constructed package for the powder.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by Power_Semi

I agree chaos...that is why I ask. Rumors spread like wildfire; especially here on ATS. Seeking that information is paramount. If there was indeed such a device (we can assume one was at or near the JKF library according to the stories) but it is good to document where the reports of the unexploded devices were.

hosted.ap.org...

"As many as two unexploded bombs were found near the end of the 26.2-mile course as part of what appeared to be a well-coordinated attack, but they were safely disarmed, according to a senior U.S. intelligence official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity because of the continuing investigation."

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
They pulled off buying the stuff, making the bombs, planning the event, meeting, traveling, planting them and having enough of them to cover the area for maximum effect then they blow them at the slowest least populated time of the race - the end.... That is puzzling to me.

First of all, you say "meeting" as though there were more than one person. But there is no reason at all to assume that this is more than one person. There are certain things we can probably all extrapolate from the scenario, but the number of people involved is not one of those things that's is clear.

Also, the reason behind the timing could be all kinds of things, Perhaps they hesitated? Perhaps they had second thoughts? Perhaps there was a technical problem?

We don't yet know if they were on timers, or activated remotely.

I agree that the motive seems to have initially been to hurt as many people as possible and do it very publicly. But there is still a Human brain behind all this, and who knows the rationality or the reasons why they do anything? I don't think the timing of the explosions can be too relevant to guilt right now.

They had to know something of the TTP and the counter-IED measures in place, they had the ability to get 4 IEDs into a pretty secure place and detonate two of them.

What were the security measures? I go to public events all the time, and the massive crowds of people are not searched. The side walks at events like this are not usually secure areas requiring bag searches. The behind the scenes areas might be, but the side walks are not. I don't believe the areas of these explosions were within any secured or monitored area. That is why it has been mentioned several times by security experts who state that securing the crowds at an event like this is impossible to do.

Anyone could walk out of their apartment and go and watch the race concluding.

Then they for some reason left two intact IEDs for EOD to tear apart. Why not just blow them in the confusion even if they are wasted? At that point who cares - why leave the trail? They showed good sound effort till that point then they turn back into Laurel and Hardy?

Has this been proven? I have seen a lot of speculation about this, but no one has actually said matter of factly that there were more than those two devices.

Even so, if they were remotely detonated by phone, the city did shut down the network to prevent other explosions, and perhaps they were meant for later?

If they were on timers, perhaps they failed?

I know there are a lot of people here instantly wanting to make this a government false flag, but there has to be some evidence of that, not just "what it" and "why did" about every aspect within 24 hours of it happening. No one knows the story here, they haven't even announced the real numbers of injured yet, and people are making crap up to fit their impression of how it would be a false flag.

I am suspicious about these things just like the next person - I've seen Operation Northwoods too - but it is too early and there is too much wild speculation about this, in my opinion. Theories are being built on rumours, not facts.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

(CBS News) Following the twin blasts at the Boston Marathon that has claimed two lives and dozens injured, a Saudi national is being held in custody in relation to the incident who was near the scene of the blast, CBS News correspondent John Miller reported.

A 20 year old student who has since been released. Police have stated he is NOT a "person of interest".

Where did they say so? Can't find it on the various news outlet I'm checking...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Where did they say so? Can't find it on the various news outlet I'm checking...

Interview with a Boston Police official on BBC Radio 4.

Sorry, not sure how to post (or even find) a link to that.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Can anyone clear something up for me...

Why has it taken so long to call it a terrorist attack? What's the deal with that?

There were two timed explosions detonating within seconds of each other in a packed area, then injuries obviously caused by such explosions which would not be consistent with an accidental explosion such as gas, then doctors and surgeons openly stating in interviews at the hospital that these were blast injuries consistent with a deliberately designed explosive device, with ball-bearings used too (this needs confirmation I guess, I was it mentioned by one doctor)... so why is no official agency willing to say it's a terrorist attack?

What is the alternative?

I thought about this for a few hours and initially wondered if it's only a terrorist attack when it's a "foreigner" responsible and called something else if it's a U.S. citizen. But then I wondered if it's considered an "act of war" if it's a nation found to be responsible.

Is this just about the classification of the person/s involved? Are they keeping the option of an "act of war" open and on the table?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

then why are you on a conspiracy theory website? to defend the truth? we look for the unknown. and other explanations that may be the truth. what are you defending? a natural gas explosion? either way you think this heinous act is terrorism.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
My guess is this is a Jihad attack committed by muslims.

Looks like I was correct. This was a jihad attack committed by a muslim from Saudi Arabia.

So, as the body parts are counted and as children lay dead in the streets of America, know this:

Muslims are not here in America to participate in our culture. Muslims are on American soil to destroy our culture and replace it with Islam and sharia.

Outlaw Islam
Close the mosques
Deport the muslims

We should not allow the muslims to openly engage in violent jihad on the streets of America. We should not allow muslims to openly slaughter American children in the streets. Stop Jihad. Deport all muslims.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I am advancing a plausible theory based on my experience operating down range as an SF Team Leader nothing more nothing less... If you want facts only my recommendation is to avoid sites on which people speculate on possible conspiracy.

Wait for the "official" report like the rest of the people (perhaps in 24 months you will have some) all is well, I hear the guy who played Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver died. Sad.

If you think one guy carried 4 IED's weighed down with a crap ton of ball bearings (big enough to shred 140 people) into the area all by himself and set them up with no one noticing...well. I don't buy it.

Also, the TTP and security measures should be transparent to the crowd that doesn't mean that counter measures were not in place.

If that is the case in fact whomever was in charge of the event security should be found criminally negligent in his/her duties and summarily executed with minor fanfare.

ETA: As for detonators and cell phones there are a myriad of ways to command detonate an IED. A garage door opener, a PTT radio, a baby monitor a set of Star Wars walkie talkies…etc. I am a graduate of the 18C course BTW - I have a FEL and know a little about explosives commercial, military and improvised. That was a small blast for the number of casualties so he/they did really well with the shrapnel composition and shape of the charge. Those 4 IEDs would be very heavy. I suppose if he had a cover position as a trash collector and a plausible reason to have a cart with bags and such one guy could pull it off but I bet there were no bags emptied all day as part of the counter measures. I bet the cans were even inspected and marked in some way once they were.

Cell phones - you don't think someone who planned to this level of detail might have picked up a copy of "The Hurt Locker" at the Red Box and might have planned for the cell towers not being available?

edit on 16/4/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

edit on 16-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

There is no evidence of any such thing .
Go and sprout your racial hatred somewhere else .

edit on 16-4-2013 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Have the authorities actually ruled out suicide bombers? They were trying to say it was a gas explosion yesterday on the radio at work but after looking at the videos there is no way its a gas leak. Surely someone would have noticed a suspect package and reported it.

Seems like whoever was behind it knows what they were doing.

link   

I would like to think that you are joking but my god...

What you should do is also send all "The Blacks" "home", all the Italians home, all the Irish, The English, the french, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, etc. etc. etc. Burn all the churches and leave the land to the original natives...

This, however, is a thread about the tragedy that is still unfolding before our eyes and not somewhere to spout anti islamic rhetoric.

My heart goes out to all those affected by this.

link   

Nothing like an over reaction to a terrible tragedy and atrocity.

link   
Really don't need things like this:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by colonelblake

then why are you on a conspiracy theory website? to defend the truth? we look for the unknown. and other explanations that may be the truth. what are you defending? a natural gas explosion? either way you think this heinous act is terrorism.

Umm, well it is. The intent was to cause terror. It did.

Or are you just going "he means brown people." - well thats your insight.

As to the fact we're on ATS, we're not all insufficiently balanced enough to see a conspiracy in everything. Some of us see a thing for a thing. And looking for bogeymen under the bed is silly paranoid inanity.

What it really is, is a jolly fest for those going "Is this the same actor? Is this the same witness? That witness acted like a robot. It's a false flag!" and becoming indignant when someone says "No."

It's saying very clearly to those of us not unhinged, that some people just cannot comprehend the world we live in, and it's all a load of bollocks if bad things happen. A clockwork mentality. No such thing as a bad person with bad ideas doing bad things. Someone put them up to it, they're a spy. They're the family guy watching hidden hand behind the scenes, betting pennies on the lives in society. No way in their world can a bad man blow up a crowd.

Seth stop making fun of terrorists, people who can't tell cartoons are not reality, are believing you're tales dude..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by colonelblake

You see, this is a problem I see a lot on ATS. A conspiracy theory has top be based on something, there has to be evidence of some kind to form a scenario of what happened. But, often on ATS, people don't build a conspiracy theory on actual facts, they build them on rumours and suggestions of what is "possible" and not "plausible".

I am here for good discussion about these events, but IMO a lot of the discussions are built on fantasy and myth, rather than actual scientific evidence.

For example, people are already building a scenario on there being more then two devices, and that there was a "drill", and that no one was searched in the crowds... there is no evidence that there were more than two devices, every large event has drills and security measures before it takes place and this isn't an indication of anything, and at large events like this there are often merely spot checks of bags if any.

People building conspiracies on these things are mostly making up a fictional story to support what they already think. They're creating a scenario to build support for their own theory, they are ignoring facts and the most plausible aspects because it doesn't suit their desired story.

Yes, I believe it was a terrorist attack (all the evidence is stating that it was), and I believe the location, timing and nature of it indicates that it was a home-grown extremist of some kind. It was in Boston, for a start. It was on Patriot's Day too, celebrated as a revolutionary day when they pushed out the British. It wasn't suicide, ruling out the "Martyrdom" aspect common in most other middle-East violence.

There are certain things that we do know about this, things that indicate a significance to the day and place, and things about the nature of it that shift potential blame away from some groups we might commonly expect. These things are all reasonable things to build a theory on. It's not right - in my opinion - to build a conspiracy theory on fantasies, possibilities, rumours and conjecture.

There has to be a foundation for a theory, and many of the theories I'm seeing on ATS are built on suggestions and not actual facts.

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join