It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

A bomb to kill the actors that were involved with the fake Sandy Hook shooting? Set off by militant conspiracy theorists??

Can't be, there is no such thing as militant conspiracy theorists...Or any other sort of terrorist types out there...

It HAS to be the government!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

surely gun control has nothing to do with this.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Early reports said one of the unexploded devices was "under a podium" near the finishing line, so...

How many podiums are there at a marathon run on the streets of a city?

Probably only the VIP podiums, right?

Which is where the Sandy Hook / Newtown delegation was seated, so...

People don't generally sit under podiums. Or did you mean stage? Can you link the early report that such a device was found there?

You sit on a podium (or okay, like a platform for people to sit on), the bomb was reportedly under it.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
whooooh. now an earthquake has struck iran.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Power_Semi

A bomb to kill the actors that were involved with the fake Sandy Hook shooting? Set off by militant conspiracy theorists??

Can't be, there is no such thing as militant conspiracy theorists...Or any other sort of terrorist types out there...

It HAS to be the government!

It's hard to believe it but some people here actually did postulate that there was no shooting, it was entirely staged and a fabricated event.

I'd think people with that kind of warped outlook on the world would be near the top of the list of nutjobs who'd be likely suspects to blow up people going about their peaceful business at a marathon.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon4m05Sorry, I am kind of a stickler for understanding.

If units that makes mistakes make them in planning, how can their plan be "excellent"?
If they do not usually make mistakes in execution, how is it that said execution could it be "somehow off"?

Just trying to clarify....

Evidence in this case says the plan was good.

They pulled off buying the stuff, making the bombs, planning the event, meeting, traveling, planting them and having enough of them to cover the area for maximum effect and the opportunity to blow up larger groups of people then they (for some reason) blow them at the slowest least populated time of the race - the end.... That is puzzling to me.

They had to know something of the TTP and the counter-IED measures in place, they had the ability to get 4 IEDs into a pretty secure place and detonate two of them.

Then they for some reason left two intact IEDs for EOD to tear apart. Why not just blow them in the confusion even if they are wasted? At that point who cares - why leave the trail? They showed good sound effort till that point then they turn into Laurel and Hardy?

So in this case the cell/unit had good plan but poor execution.

A bad plan would have resulted in someone getting caught pre-execution, or mid travel with a bomb, or the bombs in the wrong place or duds... Or they were being pumped by some FBI Agent the whole time like the guy who thought he was going to set off the car bomb at Time Square - he was doomed from the planning phase. Never a real threat. These guys were all but ghosts then they screw it up at the end. That doesn't seem right to me and experiance says this stinks like an intentional bread crumb trail... Which will lead to some very pathetic patsy group who will mysteriously burn beyond recongnition during the "raid" where all the right components will be "found" to implicate them.

Units that make mistakes make them in planning usually not in execution. Their plan was excellent – their execution somehow was off…

The above statement is in general with regard to all operations - a unit that plans well and rehearses the mission (wargaming possible mistakes) usually goes off without a hitch.

However, a poor plan regardless of how well it is executed is doomed from the get go.

edit on 16/4/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by dan151
It seems no one knows what the hell is going on. Obama is been very quiet along with a lot of other officials. The next few days are going to be very interesting.

I wonder what will happen for the London marathon security wise?

I read or heard earlier - can't recall which - that the Brits are reevaluating their security measures, in light of this event. I wonder as well what measures, if any, they will take.
edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

They'll have to do something, the London Marathon is one of the biggest in the world with hundreds of thousands of people going into London to participate or cheer people on. Unless there are reassurances or an explanation about this tragedy before then, the numbers will be significantly lower.

I can imagine they'll draft in a larger security presence at all underground stations, and along the route too. Although they can't do a whole lot to secure an entire city, they can at least give the "impression" that security is tight.

link   
wth is going on????
2nd

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Early reports said one of the unexploded devices was "under a podium" near the finishing line, so...

How many podiums are there at a marathon run on the streets of a city?

Probably only the VIP podiums, right?

Which is where the Sandy Hook / Newtown delegation was seated, so...

People don't generally sit under podiums. Or did you mean stage? Can you link the early report that such a device was found there?

You sit on a podium (or okay, like a platform for people to sit on), the bomb was reportedly under it.

A third bomb be it unexploded or not as not beeen reported to have been found . If you have evidence to the contrary , I would like to see it ?

There were, as far as I remember, 1 maybe 2 controlled explosions of SUSPICIOUS packages , but that doesn't imply they were bombs.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gideon70

they weren't bombs?

link   
Sorry but I'm still trying to catch up...Is this a photo from the second blast site then?

photo source
edit on 16-4-2013 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It goes to show how observant all these detective are. That's about the 500'th time that pic has been shown with someone going ?? *shifty eyes* !! and not saying much else.

Already explained that it's a card game, and the joggers add +2 to the assassination, on somewhere about page 40-55..

But it will keep the ball rolling. It's absurdity in the extreme the chaos in these peoples minds. God knows how they manage to open doors..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Again...the report? A definitive report? Speculation? Just trying to vet out the information is all. Also, my words were mixed on my own part, So where is this initial report that such a device was found under/over/near any stage/podium/etc.

I am curious. Feed that curiosity.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by misfit312

Yes that is the second blast area. The first blast was a bit SOUTH of there near a LensCrafters and Marathon Sports. The SECOND blast was near that picture of Crate & Barrel/Starbucks.

ETA: Easy reference used.
edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: fixed....north south in Boston is confusion; no reference landmarks...darn it!

edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Man...long day...first/second......one beer two beer....glad my sister is safe is all.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
(CBS News) Following the twin blasts at the Boston Marathon that has claimed two lives and dozens injured, a Saudi national is being held in custody in relation to the incident who was near the scene of the blast, CBS News correspondent John Miller reported.

link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

yup
2nd

link   
I'v been following the news here in Belgium and they had this "American Watcher" and there seems to be a dangerous shift happening with this bombing. He never used the word terror, but he was talking about the hatred in the US towards the government. No he didn't stop there, he was talking about radio shows spewing hatred*cough Alex Jones" and big forums where people are discussing how to "retaliate" against the government.

Dangerous times ahead.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Again...the report? A definitive report? Speculation? Just trying to vet out the information is all. Also, my words were mixed on my own part, So where is this initial report that such a device was found under/over/near any stage/podium/etc.

I am curious. Feed that curiosity.

It was on one of the news reports yesterday - I looked at dozens of them so I have no idea which it was, but it was reported.

Of course in the chaos it might just have been a bag that someone left behind, but it was reported.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The SECOND blast was next to Starbucks at 755 Boylton St .
Just thought I'd clear that up

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

They're the Australian Olympic colours too.

Bloody kangaroos did it. I knew it, I knew they had a pouch for some reason, and they sort of look like joggers as they hop down a street carrying a walkman.

Case solved.

new topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join