It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I can see the package fall and what appears to be smoke, but this was not the second explosion, that happened further down and was a good few seconds after.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
One man's legs were instantly blown off, yet he kept trying to stand up.

horrible, these mother truckers will be handed a death sentence.

link   

Debris from the explosion.

You can see more of it in this video:

link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Flavian

What is being reported is that the FBI had suspicions...

What and where? Any links or information backing this claim? I only ask because the media has been proclaiming that no "chatter" was observed. So, your claim would be against the grain and any proof that there was such suspicions would be great.
edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Fixed quote.

Various sources but for a quick guide see the link i posted a couple of pages back.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dan151
It seems no one knows what the hell is going on. Obama is been very quiet along with a lot of other officials. The next few days are going to be very interesting.

I wonder what will happen for the London marathon security wise?

I read or heard earlier - can't recall which - that the Brits are reevaluating their security measures, in light of this event. I wonder as well what measures, if any, they will take.
edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The shock waves just hit my whole body and my legs just started jittering around. I knew I was going down," he said.

Iffrig was not seriously injured. But trails of blood, severed arms and legs and other body parts littered the scene nearby

I just weep.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Must be my phone, I can't see it in that video. :\ I will watch it on my computer when I get home from.the doctors office later.

That video clip I found sure makes it look like roof guy chucked something, though.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I have to agree with Chadwickus that it looks like debris from the blast. I do see it, but it doesn't seem to have come until after the explosions. I doubt the two devices they located that didn't detonate would have been right there, in any case. Still, I haven't seen a report on the locations of those. Anyone have a pic of a map for that? I saw one earlier yesterday on the two that went off, and the library fire, that they called an explosion at the time, but nothing for the other two.

In any case, I have got to sleep. Will check in later for any updates. Hopefully, none will be of additional events.
edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added comment

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tekken55

I can see the package fall and what appears to be smoke, but this was not the second explosion, that happened further down and was a good few seconds after.

Ah well, I tried! It's hard to tell on my phone. I thought it was interesting enough to post to get opinions, though. Thanks for looking at it!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

You do know that the second explosion was around 200 meters down the street from where the first explosion occured ?
It would be impossible for anybody to throw anything that far .
A third bomb has not been reported , so I guess whatever came down from above , if anything , was not bombs.

You did notice the bench's on the rooftop where the guy was spotted ? He could have easily been on a break and was walking back to the rooftop building after having a cigarette or simply making a phone call .

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Investigators warned police to be on the lookout for a "darker-skinned or black male" with a possible foreign accent in connection with the attack, according to a law enforcement advisory obtained by CNN. The man was seen with a black backpack and sweatshirt and was trying to get into a restricted area about five minutes before the first explosion, the lookout notice states.

holy s>>>

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gideon70

I have heard varying reports about the distance, but its hard to consider given the height of the building and weight of the bag could have a lot to do with where it landed.

As I said, I saw the roof guy pic, then the clip I posted, and wanted people on a better device than my phone to take a look see.

Thanks

edit on 16-4-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Anyone have a pic of a map for that? I saw one earlier yesterday on the two that went off, and the library fire, that they called an explosion at the time, but nothing for the other two.

It is estimated, via footage that the first bomb was at or around Marathon Sports on Boylston St and the other just near the Starbucks (SOUTH of Fairfield) on the same street. Given footage and google-maps, we can estimate fairly close where the points of explosion occurred. Officially, nothing has been noted.
edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: North, South....directions are subjective.....sorry

edit on 16-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Man...its late...it was north of the first explosion but south of Fairfield.......

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
HERE'S A REALLY SCARY THOUGHT FOR YOU...

Just had a long soak in the bath (no not that), and a good think, and I still think it's definitely a US citizen who's done this - now bear with me...

Early reports said one of the unexploded devices was "under a podium" near the finishing line, so...

How many podiums are there at a marathon run on the streets of a city?

Probably only the VIP podiums, right?

Which is where the Sandy Hook / Newtown delegation was seated, so...

They could well be the primary targets of this person/these people.

NOW THE SCARY BIT...

On ATS after the school shooting there were people here who actually believed it didn't happen - not only was it a "false flag" but there were no kids, the parents were actors/stooges/etc...

Maybe this is the motivation - conspiracy driven - and if that's so...

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT THE PERPETRATORS HAVE FREQUENTED THIS VERY FORUM???

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Nurses Stephen Segatore and Jim Asaiante were stationed near the finish line, expecting to treat the usual ailments from runners -- cramps and dehydration.

Suddenly, they found themselves in a battlefield, with blood and debris everywhere.

"For me, it was just like going back to being in Iraq in 2006-2007," said Asaiante, an Army captain who served an 18-month tour.

"I heard the first IED, and I know there's never one. The bad guys always set up two or three" improvised explosive devices, he said

this quote is interesting...wanted to keep it in this thread for interest sake.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Here is one scary thought for you Power_Semi
I think you should go outside a little , it's a beatiful day , let the authorities finish the job
edit on 16-4-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by colonelblake

Interesting because they equate it to an IED? Interesting how? Curious why you think so. Not questioning your thought here, just wondering why it piqued your interest.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by Gideon70

I have heard varying reports about the distance, but its hard to consider given the height of the building and weight of the bag could have a lot to do with where it landed.

As I said, I saw the roof guy pic, then the clip I posted, and wanted people on a better device than my phone to take a look see.

Thanks

edit on 16-4-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

The second explosion occurred at 755 Boylton street . Approx 200 meters from the from the first blast .
I saw the two black objects at the start of the video and neither of them made it across to the other side of the street .
They did not in anyway resemble bags or packages and to me looked liked nothing more than debris from the blast that were FLOATING down to the street below.

You're welcome

edit on 16-4-2013 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

right. im still dodging between a domestic act or a forien act,

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Early reports said one of the unexploded devices was "under a podium" near the finishing line, so...

How many podiums are there at a marathon run on the streets of a city?

Probably only the VIP podiums, right?

Which is where the Sandy Hook / Newtown delegation was seated, so...

People don't generally sit under podiums. Or did you mean stage? Can you link the early report that such a device was found there?

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join