It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadohMusic

This was one of my points in this thread. This stuff happens every day around the World, whether its our Own forces or some other. But, I dont think a Bomb Sniffing dog can sniff out a Drone attack.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Any idea exactly what year they started that? As a veteran, and married to a career soldier, we can 't figure any reason they would be there at all.

Many reasons: They were volunteering (the whole "complete solider" persona the military likes to present), they were there supporting their comrades running in the race. They were supplemented via the Mass. Gov. for the race to provide extra eyes/bodies/etc, (not policing, just eyes), they wanted to watch the race after getting into town off a military hop, etc, etc.

I performed many volunteer opportunities during our on-station time in uniform, it isn't odd. As the poster you replied to, they could be supplementing in an official fashion.

Here is from 2009:

HOPKINTON, Mass., April 21, 2009 – Almost 400 Massachusetts National Guardsmen were called up to support yesterday’s 113th running of the Boston Marathon.

Guardsmen from the 126th Combat Support Battalion were positioned at the starting line to assist the Hopkinton Police in keeping the race route clear for more than 26,000 runners.

As for this yesr

More than 400 Massachusetts National Guard troops were already on duty, assigned to help local police keep the marathon route clear for runners.

Read more: fox59.com...

edit on 15-4-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

Well, it isn't something I ever heard of being done, in any case. Seems the governor there is using them in ways they aren't really supposed to be used. According to this (which matches ALL I have ever read and heard, as a veteran and soldier's wife):

The National Guard may be called up for active duty by state governors or territorial adjutant general to help respond to domestic emergencies and disasters, such as hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.
- link

Calling them for crowd control, in what was supposed to be a non-emergency regulations, seems odd. Now, there is some data on that same page that COULD apply, though it seems a bit of a stretch:

The Governor can activate National Guard personnel to "State Active Duty" in response to natural or man-made disasters or Homeland Defense missions.
It also states, though, that

the federal government is reimbursed for the use of fungible equipment and supplies such as fuel, food stocks, etc.
Plus, that seems to apply to things like natural disasters, not sporting events. In any case, did this happen before the time in 2009? I can't locate a date that they were first called out to a marathon there.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Its a bloody sheet, right before the guy walks by it starts to be lifted up, by the time he has walked past the sheet is folded over.

Originally posted by Bakatono
There is no disappearing gore. That is a flag being picked up off the ground. FFW to 2:26 in this vid:

edit on 15-4-2013 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

Well, flag or sheet, that does look right, on reviewing the footage. Still looked pretty weird at a glance.

Appreciated.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
The problem is that people are unhappy with the government right now and when you have 86% of the population being kind of unhappy with Congress, it raises the probability that someone( or a small group) may do something patently atrocious with a politically motivated intent. Statistically speaking, it should be expected.

I agree, why risk so much though for so little impact (relatively speaking of course)?

That said, I am concerned as to how our government responds to this if it should turn out to be a domestic terrorist cell.

As am I, this is why I don’t think it was a real operation – why risk opening the whole proverbial “can of whoopass” over such a small body count?

I think, however, they are more likely going to be extremely cautious in not doing the equivalent of pouring gas all over the US (ie declaring martial law).

I don’t see this either – as it would not pay off for the administration. It would start a true all out Civil War.

In one breath you are saying that it wouldn't make sense for a domestic group to risk retaliation over something with so little impact (which you apparently measure solely by body count), and in the next you're saying that a government response could lead to civil war. Civil war seems like a pretty large impact to me. Make up your mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
CNN said the sources they talked to said the bomb was filled with glass and nails and metal and other small shrapnel.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
CNN said the sources they talked to said the bomb was filled with glass and nails and metal and other small shrapnel.
Wow how specifically homegrown. Interesting.

link   

link   
O.K. I have given up trying to keep with all the posts on this thread. What will come of these events will be released by the main stream sheeple media and we will continue to pick every speck apart, but all I hope is all people will wake up that this terrorism threat to out lives has to end. I would rather fight a battle in my backyard with swords and sticks than fight this invisible war that is encompassing all our lands.

I pray for peace and safety for all who have fought and are fighting and let it be known I stand with them all for liberty and freedom!

This is a wishful enterprise from a patriot! Nothing more! Peace to the innocents we have lost today and in the past. Edit-(Most of us do not) want blood shed. No one in their right mind that is. This has all become a big fat mess and it is going to spell out as no good for any free people. Laws, limits, and regulations are going to be bountiful! Can we go anywhere without our “proper” papers in the next decade?

I think I rather see the end with an extinction event! Niburu, aliens, solar flares, monsonto..... etc.......

No matter what we must be brave and be there for the people of our country and others as well. We are not human if we no longer care about the suffering of others. It is harder to be real than nothing!

Loves Restless
edit on 4/16/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

So this happened on tax day and Patriots Day. Smells like domestic, anti-US-government terrorism.

This happening on tax day and also Patriots Day does seem to give a bit of thought to it being a domestic terrorist. One thing that draws me away from the domestic terrorist though, is why would they choose a marathon?

For example, the Ok. City bombing was at a federal building. (anti government).
The MLK day parade failed bombing was attempted by a white supremacist. (race related)

Other than it being tax day and Patriots Day, it's a bit hard for me to believe that a domestic would just choose a marathon of all events/places.

What Im leaning towards, is that the responsible party is an outside group/organization. Why not just choose a random event with a bunch of people attending ....(not in a place like DC or NYC....choose a place that is less thought of of being a terrorist target) ....and attempt to give the impression that the group/organization can strike where it's least expected? Basically, it's something of a "Strike fear into the population by attacking an area that isnt really expecting an attack" type of attack.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The blue M&M is in tact. Strange, considering there is blood on the ground around the M&M

Also, can someone tell me if the orange blocks laying on the deck and around the edge of the street are emergeny equipment? Head rests or something? If so, is it typical to leave them behind? Are the blue bits of cloth part of a tarp or canopy something?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mollusk
reply to post by defcon5

Like I said all local LEO's. if it was related there would be ATF, FBI, DHS, NSA and other alphabet angencies.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

reply to post by six67seven

The news I listened to, just the past half hour, confirmed some sort of BBs or something. Then they claimed they still didn't know how the bombs were detonated, which seems highly unlikely this far past the event.

Please...have you ever picked up evidence after a bombing? I am sure the answer is no...

They are STILL collecting evidence.at the scene.

My husband has some knowledge and experience with bombs (military), and his first reaction to that claim was, "Oh, BULLCRAP!". Direct quote. Hence the statement that it seems unlikely. There were only two explosions, and neither was very widespread. There is no reason they would not have the parts left by now. I suspect they aren't announcing that as part of the investigation, to keep quiet how much they know.

If you check on CNN, under the section “What we know”, the physicians have confirmed removing ball bearings from peoples wounds.
What We Know

-- The bombings resulted in at least 10 lost limbs and left doctors picking ball bearings out of victims in the emergency room, a terrorism expert briefed on the investigation said.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I just woke up and saw this

My deepest sympathies to our American cousins, keep strong guys

Cody

edit on 16/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie
The blue M&M is in tact. Strange, considering there is blood on the ground around the M&M

Also, can someone tell me if the orange blocks laying on the deck and around the edge of the street are emergeny equipment? Head rests or something? If so, is it typical to leave them behind? Are the blue bits of cloth part of a tarp or canopy something?

prolly all packaging from the cafe's or resurants? What is strange is that American flag all nicley rolled up into some weird strange hidden message?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mollusk

Well there is only one guy in that who might have a rifle of some type, but thanks for the photo.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope.it was definitely a controlled explosion just to scare and cause minimal colateral damage..

Yes, minimum collateral damage. Last i saw, there were only 141 injured, many of whom had lost limbs in the explosion or in amputations following the explosions. At least 30 were in critical or serious condition, some of whome were small children The death count is almost certain to rise significantly once more information comes out. Very minimal, indeed.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I wonder if these mail boxes were still there?

goo.gl...

You know, it looks like some of the route was modified. The iron-fence next to the LensCrafters isn't present in the Google-Map's view but it is obviously there in the bombing one. So not sure about the mailboxes; my guess, yes they were removed for obvious security precautions my guess.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I loved the movie Act of Valor but does anybody think that it could have been the inspiration for the ball bearings that have been reported? I mean that would be the ultimate slap in the face.. Using our own ideas against us.

While many patients were treated for cuts and scrapes, doctors have also been "pulling ball bearings out of people in the emergency room," suggesting the bombs were designed to propel shrapnel, according to one terrorism expert briefed on the Boston blasts, though CNN is yet to confirm this.

Source:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

They look like head immobilizer blocks.
www.dickmedical.com...

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join