It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

this video doesn't show the blast but they are close to it, that's the "best" video i know of it so far.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Or we could actually have a problem on our hands. These kind of things would have a very, very small group of people involved with extremely radical ideologies. Whereas most of us would not be capable of doing such a thing, there are unfortunately people that are. Timothy McVeigh had two associates involved and both, if I recall correctly, backed out of the actual Oklahoma City bombing. Ted Kaczinsky worked alone. Both of them would be perfect prior examples of what domestic terrorism can look like.

There is nothing wrong with what you are saying at all – there certainly could be an actual group responsible. I also deduce, like you did below that they seem to be capable enough and cognizant of the need for proper OPSEC for the planning phase to be coordinated without compromise. However, if they are that alert and well organized (indications of some modicum of field craft) I think they would also be more capable of producing a larger signature for their event. IED’s always have two methods of detonation to ensure they go off at just the right time for maximum impact. A timer or a pressure/wire trigger and usually a command detonation over-ride or failsafe. This risks the agent/operator as they must have LOS to the target for observation but they are risking much already so I don’t see that as an issue.

The problem is that people are unhappy with the government right now and when you have 86% of the population being kind of unhappy with Congress, it raises the probability that someone( or a small group) may do something patently atrocious with a politically motivated intent. Statistically speaking, it should be expected.

I agree, why risk so much though for so little impact (relatively speaking of course)?

That said, I am concerned as to how our government responds to this if it should turn out to be a domestic terrorist cell.

As am I, this is why I don’t think it was a real operation – why risk opening the whole proverbial “can of whoopass” over such a small body count?

I think, however, they are more likely going to be extremely cautious in not doing the equivalent of pouring gas all over the US (ie declaring martial law).

I don’t see this either – as it would not pay off for the administration. It would start a true all out Civil War.

As far as watching for domestic terrorist groups, they've been doing that for a while now. Means that whoever did this kept it small and kept the conversation off the airwaves. For this kind of thing, there isn't a whole lot they can do because these would be the very type of individuals that would comprehend the risks of using technology to converse on a regular basis.

This is why IMO they need a group to make an example of… To let the sheeple know that it doesn’t pay to express discontent and feed the flames of these groups with rhetoric. It is the trending themes of discontent that move those elements of society actually capable of physical resistance to take such actions. If they feel the people want them to fight they will.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

That's a good idea. Time to put my money in the company who is now going to start mass producing "BOMB FREE ZONE" signs.

link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
So, I think we should probably put stricter regulations on bombs.

...Am I doing it right? You know.. since bombs just killed and injured people, not guns?
edit on 15-4-2013 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

I understand what you're saying there but it's also a terrible argument. Bombs can be made with materials that are easily obtained while guns... Well, not so much. At least, I know I'm not able to make a gun. Are you?

And, hey. This isn't a thread about gun control.

link   
reply to post by underduck

Here is an image I made using the moment before and after the explosion. You can see the guy still directly pointing onscreen and you can see the flags etc all in the exact spot. The intensity of the bomb can clearly be seen further back and to the right of the individual. The color/explosion intensity is not centered on the person at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Ahh...yes it is also tax day, I hadn't thought of that, but when I saw the Waco & Oklahoma City thing as I researched...I thought I should mention it just in case it hadn't been brought up yet. I could not possibly read the entire thread (69 pages & counting) to catch up, just got in from work. (Good to see you too my friend)

link   
I marked a few spots on the image from the blast site.
The Diamond looks like a PVC pipe that is half burnt.
The Arrow is what I think is the residue from a trash bag, reference that might have been the origin.
Circle shows the blast angle, if you notice the angular cone like shape.
Rectangle may be nothing it looked out of place like a pipe or tube laying there.

M.

link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by MerkabaTribeEntity

Dude, it's Piers Morgan.
What more can be said about him or his comments?

I whole heartedly agree with yours and everybody else's replies to my post. And no, you can keep him he's your problem now ;-)

link   

Originally posted by charleychibi
I think too many people are looking at the calendar and seeing what they want to see. It's Taxes Day, Patriot's Day, anniversary of this, anniversary of that.

Honestly, I don't think the history of April 15th has anything to do with this. I think the Boston Marathon was chosen because it would cause a lot of media attention.

edit on 15-4-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Don't mean to double post here (well, I guess I do), but I think this is a relatively interesting development. I heard a reporter ask the doctor about a Biohazard Quarentine, to which, the doctor denied any such thing.

Please visit this link;

Hazmat Team

Pictures 7 and 8.

Is this simply a precaution? Anyone?
edit on 15-4-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

link   

I understand what you're saying there but it's also a terrible argument. Bombs can be made with materials that are easily obtained while guns... Well, not so much. At least, I know I'm not able to make a gun. Are you?

And, hey. This isn't a thread about gun control.

I'm not talking about gun control. I'm talking about bomb control. Bombs just killed and injured people, and I would like for there to be an outcry for much stricter bomb regulations. Meaning, regulations on -EVERY- possible material that could be used to make bombs. Want to buy fertilizer? Background check. Want to buy a metal pipe? Background check. Want to buy wiring? Background check.. so on and so forth.

Because I mean... bombs dude.....if these materials are strictly regulated, it will be very difficult for people to get them and make bombs..

link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
Did anyone catch the interview with the doctor just now?

A reporter mentioned people being quarentined, something about a biohazard threat?

Here is a link to some photos of some officials wearing hazard suits;

Hazmat guys

And the video with the doctor I cannot seem to find at the moment. I'll include in this post when I find it.

I watched that interview, unfortunately I missed his reply about the quarantine question. I was just impressed with how well he handled some of the incredibly crass questions that were asked. He seemed like a real good guy, just doing his job and trying to help people.

link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

I think too many people are looking at the calendar and seeing what they want to see. It's Taxes Day, Patriot's Day, anniversary of this, anniversary of that.

Honestly, I don't think the history of April 15th has anything to do with this. I think the Boston Marathon was chosen because it would cause a lot of media attention.

Oh, that's classy. Here, have a fedora. You've earned it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiwastedmylif

And besides, almost everyone that have severe injuries has their legs blown off, indicating the bomb had to be close to the ground.

link   
reply to post by hipsterboy99

There HAS to be footage of the second blast. It was crowded. Its seems really odd to me there's really no footage.
Its like the second blast never happened, even though its on video.

Are we being shown only one bomb scene?

link   
Woman in brown shirt standing near the blast point unharmed.

And she really takes her time leaving and not worried about anything.

Shock? Did she come from inside the bar/restaurant?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Don't mean to double post here (well, I guess I do), but I think this is a relatively interesting development. I heard a reporter ask the doctor about a Biohazard Quarentine, to which, the doctor denied any such thing.

Please visit this link;

Hazmat Team

Pictures 7 and 8.

Is this simply a precaution? Anyone?
edit on 15-4-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

and if their was not a Hazmat Team on site people would be saying , "why didn't they have a hazmat team there?"
I would think it is probably just part of a normal response in the current condition the world is in.

link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by Robonakka

But I do agree it seems to be gunpowder or cordite. Or very badly made ammonium nitrate. But without a lab and sample I cant be sure.

Just a thought: how convenient would it be if this does turn out to be gunpowder? With all the current talks about guns, now everyone finds out how easy it is to get black powder?! Media hype occurs, legislation gets pushed through banning or making it very difficult to buy gun powder as a citizen. This would effectively disarm a great deal of the populace, how many people do you know with more than a couple hundred rounds? Just a thought...

link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
I've been a conspiracy theorist since the seventies.

The only prio knowledge I saw was an article called
DHS insider, or DHS insider reterns. He said
"Look for gold to drop, that is the trigger".

I say we investigate that guy.
If he did it, then...

Take all the money from DHS and it's assets,
rename it The Obama Public Option
and implement the original
health care plan that
our President
wanted.

Not this
armor plated
fear based
feed back loop of a department
that we have now.

Let them pat down people who cut in line at the doctors.

And in the middle of all this noise,
does any one remember Daniel Barden?
I would like to read his last
homework assignment and
see what was on the
young mans mind
before Newtown.

Mike Grouchy

Great poem.

Thanks, nice haircut.

And America . . .
A cell phone is a trigger too.
edit on 15-4-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by MojaveBurning

Did anyone catch the interview with the doctor just now?

A reporter mentioned people being quarentined, something about a biohazard threat?

Here is a link to some photos of some officials wearing hazard suits;

Hazmat guys

And the video with the doctor I cannot seem to find at the moment. I'll include in this post when I find it.

I watched that interview, unfortunately I missed his reply about the quarantine question. I was just impressed with how well he handled some of the incredibly crass questions that were asked. He seemed like a real good guy, just doing his job and trying to help people.

I was as well. I'm sure he was thinking in his mind "Just....shut up....leave me alone, and go help someone...."

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join