It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Why would the police be blowing stuff up though?

I'm not familiar with their methods but wouldn't you want to keep other potential bombs for evidence to try and track down those that are responsible?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Apparently VP Biden used the term bombing in a statement? Is that confirmed?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is a live feed from the finish line in Boston

Live finish line feed in Bostonreply to

edit on 15-4-2013 by meggiddo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Boston PD are about to deploy a "Controlled explosion"

link   
Damn! Just seen the video on Fox which caught one explosion happen. That would have killed scores of people no doubt
God bless the victims and their families

link   

Originally posted by Britx
Yahoo News: A CBS News producer on the ground in Boston said she just heard a third explosion in the area. A police officer near her told her he thought it sounded like a bomb going off

Yeah explosions usually sound like bombs going off.

link   

Yahoo News: A CBS News producer on the ground in Boston said she just heard a third explosion in the area. A police officer near her told her he thought it sounded like a bomb going off

Controlled detonation of another confirmed device found by bomb squad.

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I see nothing since February

2nd line

link   
MSNBC is reporting a fire at the JFK library in Boston. They were saying how coincidental it is that the fire started shortly after the explosions. Not saying if its connected or just coincidence.

link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Why would the police be blowing stuff up though?

I'm not familiar with their methods but wouldn't you want to keep other potential bombs for evidence to try and track down those that are responsible?

no, they blow them up so they don't go off. they keep the parts that are left to look at

link   

If they have found another device it may well be a "Controlled Explosion"

link   
I'm no expert, but the way the explosions happened. one after the other. And with the amount of distance
between the two. Smacks of detonation, but I'm just speculating.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Bomb squads regularly detonate the 'packages' they find in a controlled manner to ensure no one gets hurt, Citizen or Public Servant.

link   
They are going over to the JFK library checking for bombs

link   
reply to post by Hopechest

It is standard procedure to destroy potential devices with induced explosions. Either by robot or with a .50 cal rifle.
No time to mess around if there are more of those around. They can still investigate a detonated device.

link   
Not that it matters so much, but I am wondering why the bombs went off when they did.

The time that the winner would cross the finish line could be easily estimated (finishing as they did in 2h 10min), but the bombs went off some hours after that (at about 4h 9min) getting some of the slower runners.

If one was aiming for maximum publicity, wouldnt one try to time it so the famous fast runners were at that spot at that time? One imagines a lot of the celebrities that hang on to this kind of event had probably already gone home.

link   
How many people were killed or injured inside the hotel?

link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
I'm not trying to be crass... but if this did happen near the Newtown people... I can see this being blamed on the "gun nuts" perhaps.

I'm always looking for an angle though.

Gun nuts do enough stupid crap to make the rest of us legit gun owners look bad, they do not need any help.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
They will pin this on a NORTH KOREAN agent I bet.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Interesting, i heard on the scanner that the police were heading to the Library and having it cleared because they found something there. Should be on social media somewhere, assuming they got the message out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join