It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spieluhr
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

CNN is an American News Company. Why would they report on bombings on the other side of the world? I'm sure Iraqi news agencies are all over it.

If this is true it explains the ignorance of Americans in respect to world events. The BBC, Sky News and RT frequently report on bombings in Iraq and Afghanistan. In fact, it is practically a daily occurrence.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
31 dead and 200 injured after multiple bombings.....

In Iraq today

Just sayin I don't see CNN or even ats getting excited about that, not even heard it mentioned on the news yet. A small bombing in america and its allover the news, huge bombing in iraq the same day and nobody cares

So a American based website has more interest in events happening in their own country? Why are you surprised? Also, people have become habituated to the fact Iraqi - bombings. Simple human nature.

(also, mass media shows what sells advertising, Americans are interested in events in their own country - if CNN had lots of coverage of the bombings in Iraqi, do you think Americans wouldn't change the channel with something from Boston?)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Welcome to the new America. One time per year or less events like this are off limits for me and my family. Any psycho has way too much time to plan something like this when the security has to be stretched out over such a long distance. My thoughts are with all the injured and families of the deceased. This is such a tragic event at such a monumental tradition. Hopefully it shifts our focus as a country from strip searches when flying to events like this where there is more potential for somthing like this to happen. You would think the "highly educated and holier than though powers" would have had the foresight for something like this but .....they are too busy trying to disarm the public.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Originally posted by Spieluhr
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

CNN is an American News Company. Why would they report on bombings on the other side of the world? I'm sure Iraqi news agencies are all over it.

If this is true it explains the ignorance of Americans in respect to world events. The BBC, Sky News and RT frequently report on bombings in Iraq and Afghanistan. In fact, it is practically a daily occurrence.

Awesome, I knew you would eventually show up and find ways to attack America and Americans. Please tell me again how my life in America is so horrible that if someone offered you a chance at that life you would show them the door.

Right or wrong, attacks like this are not common in America so when they do occur they are going to get additional coverage.
edit on 15-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Bisman

Exactly. They want blood? Give it to them.

According to you, lets let them bomb us, and get over it so we dont feed the herders. No, no, no, we don't want to be part of the sheep! We dont want to retaliate. We just want sit here and get over it, so it can happen again and again and we will show that HERDERs that are slaughtering us that we aren't sheep!!

We arent sheep, we arent sheep. While bombs are going off? Yeah, youre a sheep. You cower like one too.

I am not a sheep, i am a wolf.
edit on 15-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

What happens if it turns out to be some guy from Mississippi? Maybe we should retaliate and invade the hell outta Mississippians.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First and foremost my sincere sympathies for the two people killed, the many wounded, and their families and friends, and I would also like to extend a heartfelt hand of friendship and support to the American people.

A number of posters have already stated their thoughts on this being 'domestic terrorism', and considering the actual scale of the attack, I would concur with that opinion. However, in my mind, these explosions have a feel of a 'diversionary' tactic in order for the perpetrators to be able to carry out some other agenda, in some other location, unencumbered by the presence of authorities and their agencies whom would have rushed to the locations of the explosions. If this were a true international terrorist attack on the American people I should think that the fatalities and casualties would be far more severe and appalling.

I do not think that this was an attack that carried any particular political statement against the American people. Homegrown militias or any other extreme ideological groups could not openly accept responsibility for something like this, the consequences of doing so would outweigh the ideological act. The locations of the explosions do not infer any specificity of target, so I would speculate that the explosions are 1) the acts of a small group providing a focus of attention whilst they carry out a plan elsewhere; or 2) it is the act of a single person expressing a psychotic impulse, and if not caught may very well bring further explosions to bear in other cities - the possible birth of America's first serial bomber; and 3) a false flag event to drive home some state agenda?

Factual details are small, and fear and confusion still reigns. No doubt over the coming days details will emerge that will beguile the people of one fear, and raise anger towards another. As more factual details arrive, I will obviously have to adapt my speculation. Stay safe and secure.
edit on 15/4/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Actually CNN did cover that story in Iraq...

www.cnn.com...

link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
What happens if it turns out to be some guy from Mississippi? Maybe we should retaliate and invade the hell outta Mississippians.

About time.
We should have invaded Mississippi years ago.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Outside of those dealing with the immediate impact in Boston, my overall all sense is that this is not so much like 9/11. Not in magnitude and not in reaction.

Terror, yes. Horror, yes. Shock and outrage, yes.

But, comments from around the Web are more like, "Oh geez, here we go again". Minds are reeling with the possible implications and fallout. Because we have been down this road before...

I really hope this isn't the day that terror becomes the norm in the USA like it is in other places around the world. That we don't become desensitized to it or just roll over for the Police State.

We should demand nothing less than total freedom. It's the only way to truly defeat terror and honor its victims.
edit on 4/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

It isn't the same magnitude as 911, which was also pretty much a first and warranted a bigger reaction.

As for the ''we should demand freedom and nothing less'' it's all very 'tally ho' rallying speech, but when / if incidents of such a nature are linked to certain factions that have an entire different mindset, a different worldview and in who's nations there are completely different laws and rules, and their mindset is that theirs is the only which they follow, it is a bit of a tall order to just ''demand freedom'', especially given that certain nations infringe on the freedoms of other nations like it is their right, whether ethically legit or otherwise.

International freedom for all nations requires more than just demands.
edit on 15-4-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Mark Levin show reporting a hospital surrounded by swat in the area, and a person of interest inside. Also reporting surveillance cameras showing person placing bombs in trash cans.

listen to stream at marklevinshow.com...

link   
Earleir there was severely wonky cell service in Boston...I had some difficulty getting in touch with loved ones there.

Apparently cell phone service was disrupted temporarily, at least, to prevent the possibility of further detonations via cell phone.

That's good and bad. Good to prevent more carnage. Horrible in a bug-out scenario when you are trying to touch base and meet up with loved ones.

Take note, as stated many times before on ATS...you need a previously arranged meet up scenario for the SHTF.

link   

Originally posted by grimghost

Mysterious Roof Walker Discovered in Boston Marathon Tragedy Photos

Not sure why you had to include the mysterious music and creepy vibe in your video.

Yes, lets discuss who that person is, even if it ends up being nothing. But making a creepy video with creepier music serves no purpose in my opinion.

link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic

Originally posted by Stikiiki
that is Gods will if He knows everything

God?

I guess we can attribute these bombings to the fellow, too...?

Yep, God!! He does it all! Simple answer.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
31 dead and 200 injured after multiple bombings.....

In Iraq today

Just sayin I don't see CNN or even ats getting excited about that, not even heard it mentioned on the news yet. A small bombing in america and its allover the news, huge bombing in iraq the same day and nobody cares

to all those people claiming that the media isn't covering the dozens killed & hundreds wounded in Iraq. IT IS BEING REPORTED!! It helps if you click the "WORLD" tab on news sites to get news from around the WORLD. I visited two sites and found reports on the attacks you claim are not being reported. And get this, in the ME east, attacks are quite common in relation to America.

Iraq attacks kill dozens, wound over 100 in several cities - HP
dozens killed, hundreds wounded in iraq -fox
edit on 15-4-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Other than saying that his heart goes out to the families...blah blah, what else could he say?
edit on 15-4-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

how bout reassuring his country after his DHS FAILED AGAIN to prevent another series of bombs?

How bout show any amount of backbone and leadership , just saying.....

This isnt the first time hes done this, he has a history of it

Ok, so what do you want to be done?

TSA scanners at the ends of the streets, checking bags with metal detectors, frisking everyone as they move about, name checks, ID checks? At all times and for all events? No matter how small?

Then you'd scream about that. You'd have none of it.

But if they don't do anything and let people walk around blowing up any old place, then he's not doing enough. Nothing being done. A slack useless president.

And you complain about that.

So the middle ground, as it is, where crap is put in place to appear to be seen as something done, but still not enough. Doesn't seem to be stopping much, or perhaps it is, and you're just not going to hear about it.

What do you want? Total restrictio0n so that there is NO way this can occur?
Freedom to be free without restraint, so you can carry a bomb anywhere you like, because until you do something illegal, no one has the right to check you?

I don't get it. I can't work it out.

He gets on the telly less than 2 hours after the thing and rambles his rhetoric.. and then you still want him to do something more.

Lol..

So, lets think.. If you had the responsibility of making sure every single person in a country of hundreds of millions, was safe, secure and looked after... How would you protect them from internal plots to harm them? Who would you look at, or would you wait.. until it's too late to act?

What would you do? I now I'd not even try... I can't see how it can be done. And every time something is done to seem to be at least trying, it goes against someones ideals.

You can't please everyone. You can't protect everyone. you can't ignore everyone. So I'm lost, what would you do?

link   
LIVE Twitter feed on the Boston bombings:

news.sky.com...

From the feed...

The head of an extremist Jordanian Muslim Salafi group said he was "happy to see the horror in America" after the explosions in Boston, the Associated Press reports. Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaida-linked plot to attack U.S. and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003, said: "Let the Americans feel the pain we endured by their armies occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and killing our people there."

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by randyvs

I thought waco was the 19th?

Oklahoma bombing was April 19th, I belive Waco was April 20th. Not sure, though.

No, you were right. It was on the 19th, also.
edit on 15-4-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by randyvs

I can see this thing being used for the justification for domestic drones!

Where do we go from here ? Who would do such a thing ? In any country ?
The psychos at the top are the only ones capable if you ask me.
The wicked !

link   
You know, I watched Obama praise the 1st responders, I applaud them also. But what I didn't hear and never seem to hear. Is praise for the average people who did not hesitate for one second to leap to their country men's aid.

If you watched the videos I'm sure you saw the girl carrying another girl away on her back, or the guy in the cowboy hat clearing debris away behind the fence. How about the young man frantically trying to remove the fence ? Many people dropped everything and ran into danger to help.

IMO this is the American Spirit showing that no matter what WE ARE ONE. Just once I would like to hear from the MSM or the Government, good job folks. Instead if self-vilification from them and stay where you are WE WILL take care of you.

Well thanks for the help, but we are able to help ourselves also.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I asked several similar statements what they would do but no response i guess then retaliation is less collective

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join