It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Man on Boston common has been handcuffed. Police shouting at people to clear the area. twitter.com/Eric_Twardzik/…

— Eric Twardzik (@Eric_Twardzik) April 15, 2013
edit on 15-4-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by antonia

Could be almost anyone at this point. Not taking away from what happened, but I just feel this wasn't the big bang. I would have thought a foreign attack would have been a lot bigger.

2 cents

link   

link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
President Obama to make public statement @ 6:10 pm EST.

So in like 20 min...25 minutes from now roughly.

edit on 15-4-2013 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

More than one hour ago my Belgian newspaper stated: "Barack Obama says all will be done to help the victims of the explosions at the Boston marathon".
A pragmatic reaction without much emotions maybe, but at least a first reaction. Strange you don't have this in national news coverage yet.
source

They also mention increased safety measures in New York, Washington, Los Angeles, San Francisco and in the White House.

edit on 15/4/13 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by milkyway12

CNN is reporting that President Obama will make a statement shortly after 6 pm eastern (about 15-20 mins).
Will that work for you?

link   
reply to post by sandman441

any info on this pic. Where when what why.........etc

+7 more 
link   
When the IRA were 'live' in the UK, we didn't bomb Ireland - and why should we - there seems to be some very odd logic, just because a foreign person committed the deed, doesn't mean you should go and bomb that country - that is really crazy and outrageous - this is how America starts wars

link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Did anyone see the photo of the woman holding a sign saying "APRIL - it's all downhill from here" at the marathon. It gave me the chills, then I read on and found out she was supporting her friend named April. Still gives me the chills.

link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

I have look at all angles of how this tragedy will be exploited for those in agendas within the government and I will have to agree with you.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by sandman441

any info on this pic. Where when what why.........etc

this is the only thing I found on it

Man on Boston common has been handcuffed. Police shouting at people to clear the area. twitter.com/Eric_Twardzik/…

link   

Originally posted by sandman441

Bag over his head?

link   

Originally posted by sandman441

Looks creepy as hell, white pillow case over their head?

link   
Wow, this is terrible!

God bless all those who have lost loved ones and those who have lost their lives, please bless those injured as well!

There were apparently no use of guns to perpetrate this tragedy. I thought this would lead most people to believe this event could not be used as a new dynamic in the gun legislation debate, to help push the gun legislation approval.

I was one of those who thought this could not be used in the gun debate, but then...

I was just watching the coverage when something caught my ear...

The news anchor said, 'Here'e what the Vice-President had to say in earlier comments. He was interrupted while giving a speech on gun control legislation.'

They made it a point to acknowledge the VP's whereabouts and what he was doing there. They could have easily said, 'Here's what the VP commented earlier about the tragedy'. There was no need to describe his daily agenda that was interrupted to give the comment.

Maybe it is something that is done more than I realize, but I do not remember hearing reporters describe, in modest detail, what the referenced person was doing, prior to commenting on the tragedy.

I am still unsure whether an attempt will be made to somehow tie this into gun-control legislation. Could this event be used to present new legislation that will affect weapons, in general, not only specific gun laws?

It may not sprout wings, but I am sure someone, somewhere, will try to draw a connection between such security breakdowns and public gun ownership.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is just way too little information for me to make any real speculative comment on the nature of this attack. Given the recent history of terrorist-type attacks on the country, this could be anyone from a domestic citizen to an international actor to a religious extremist. So, I'll just wait for more info to come out. As for the whether the government is doing its job to protect us--I don't know there are a lot of threats out there---it isn't possible to catch everything--even the big things like this, unfortunately. As always, I hope the victims and their family can get through this horrid tragedy.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
Changing story is the theme of the day. Won't be long the Saudi suspect goes away.

Already hearing reports of the story changing, both on TV (here in UK) and news sources as below:
Source

To be fair though no one really seems to have the full story at this time. Following thread here on ATS. Thanks everyone!

link   
reply to post by jam321

I was expecting a low grade nuke to be honest. But, you know several small attacks can be just as disruptive.

link   
reply to post by Olivine

No, the people of Boston needed reassurance and the sign of power. They should have had the jets do a fly over of the city to let them know that military isnt sitting here heartless. That i am sitting here crying because of what happened to my people. That we care, that we are watching, and that we have your backs.

President Obama better make it clear we will seek justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join