It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

Well I have to agree with you, what a better way to take advantage of tragedy in this nation but with more surveillance and more patriot act pushing.

Our government corrupted crap will not let a any tragedy go to waste that is for sure they have a good record of it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog81

Originally posted by proob4

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by proob4
IT"S HOMELAND SECURITIES FAULT! Where was they at? Did they protect BOSTON? ARE THEY EVEN NEEDED AT THIS POINT?

Isnt it funny how DHS and AIRPORT security have failed at all levels to stop ANYTHING

but yet they have to be so large, so much funding?

Exactly. Like I said I hope this leads into a investigation on what homeland security is doing exactly?

No matter the result of an inquiry- this paves the way for the deployment of drones and other surveillance tools/tactics in mass.

I have to agree with this. This will definitely be used against the American people. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

link   
reply to post by eXia7

The news conference just touched on this issue. He said they were pretty much going to blow up people's bags and such to make sure there is no more bombs.

link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

He was injured by shrapnel - I'd say they've nicked him because of his nationality and in case he's Al Q when in fact it's clearly American terrorism.

link   
Another horrible, cowardly act.

My thoughts go out to the injured and the families of the dead.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I dont know if you guys follow the moon cycle or what not but someone on this ATS forum did a researched on moon phases during tragic events like this always fall on a lunar moon cycle awhile back. Like an example the Columbine shooting and what not but yesterday night for some reason i decided to look at the moon and notice that it was a lunar moon. The thought that came into my head right after looking at the moon was like "I wonder whats going to happen tomorrow". The all the sudden today this happen. Crazy. Ever since i read that post on ATS about tragic events happening on the last lunar moon cycle i always find my self looking at the moon every night now.

link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
SUSPECT IDENTIFIED:

www.nypost.com... ns_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

This link

edit on 4/15/13 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/15/13 by Ameilia because: fix link

lets hope then that if THEY have this video , other video of this will be out there, havent they had cameras set up there since the early morn to capture the event.......

theres no way this should escape the eyes of the public then right?

link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
Reported on Fox: third explosion confirmed, was at JFK library. Advised to stay in your home if you are already home and live in the area.

I am staying at home and I do live in the area.

2 bombs explode at Marathon finish line. 3rd Marathon bomb detonated by bomb squad. 4th bomb found at Harvard MBTA station in Cambridge. 5th bomb found at JFK Library in Dorchester.

I don't have an opinion yet as to who or which group has done this -- the suspect pool at the moment appears to be deep and wide. DHS is here and/or on the way.

This could be a foreign attack and it could as easily be a homegrown attack. Either way, it's terrorism.

Latest count is 2 dead, 22 injured, but those figures may change. Certain area hospitals are on lockdown as is the hotel the press stay in.

That's what we know. Everything else is speculation.

link   
Reports of a 3rd explosion at JFK library or maybe hospital. Just got a AP alert. Am on my phone cannot post link. Details?

link   

Originally posted by WilsonWilson
I'm in the UK, i would say the news here is definitely leaning towards us terrorists, to do with gun control.
They havent mentioned overtly, but they are mentioning, one of your politicians being on a phone call with gun control people when he found out about the explosions.

Really? It seems conditioning by the media not only works here, but in the UK too.
Ill be sure to chime in with bs speculation if bombs start going off in the UK.

link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

He was injured by shrapnel - I'd say they've nicked him because of his nationality and in case he's Al Q when in fact it's clearly American terrorism.

Right..and you know this how?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Domestic terrorism indeed. JFK library reminds me of a quote from the man,

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable."
Maybe that was the point of the JFK library bomb but absolute pure conjecture. Just usually seems that those with the perverse psyche to do such things tend to those kind of selections for a deliberate reason or "message".

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Or just maybe they targeted it because they assumed there would be tons of people there.........

Usually they target large concentrated groups...........it only makes sense........

That would be precisely the reason why they would have targeted the finish line of a marathon. Marathons would guarantee a concentration of people out in the open with the preference for that finishing line (to cheer those completing the marathon on). Guaranteed kills and wounded in those locations. The third that was detonated by police was at a different location--JFK library at Columbia Point. It's not even close to where the marathon route was.

Marathon route: www.boston.com...
JFK Library: goo.gl...

Intelligence officials told The Associated Press two unexploded devices were being dismantled, and reports of a third "controlled" explosion near the JFK Library in the Columbia Point section of Dorchester, may have been an intentional detonation supervised by authorities.

www.foxnews.com...

If there was, in fact, a bomb located at the JFK library, it was deliberately placed and my guess is delivery of a message.

link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
Did anyone else notice that the gold price crashed just before this?

Link ABC news

Big publicity Attacks with fewer than possible casualties always make me suspisious...

whats the price of Gold got to do with anything?

Think about it. Nothing!

There is speculation that in recent years the Market has been an indicator of major events happening.
Gold dropped 9% today. That is HUGE. Typically, when Gold goes down, the Market goes up (because people are selling gold and moving it into the market). Except - the Market is also down, not up (as it would be due to the influx of capital from the Gold sell off).

Gold hasn't been this low since 9/11. Also of note is that a supposed "DHS Insider" claims Gold dropping followed by another event similar to Sandy Hook is the precusor of the Global economic downturn.

Wether you believe him, or classify this event as bad as Sandy Hook is up to you. But that's what the post is talking about.

link   
Footage of the explosion!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Can't say i'm surprised, I feel sorry for those people, but honnestly what did you guys expect. They lost the last gun battle. So this stunt will give the even more " right " to start putting tanks on the streets and army during festivals.

Terrible.

link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Your link is a little screwed up. Have to paste that end part onto it to get it to work.

link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Earlier Boston FD said the JFK Library fire was NOT suspicious and was a mechanical problem. At the press conference happening now they are saying the JFK was, in fact, a bomb and they are saying they can't link them at this time (yea, sure, a coincidence --- Not!). A 3rd device was found.

Yes, from what I'm seeing they had the two happen at the finish line, then a controlled explosion on another device, and a fourth explosion at JFK Library.

The advice they are giving seems to be along the lines of something like a "Mumbai response", telling people to stay at home, not to congregate etc. They should be shutting down transport hubs and ordering all restaurants, bars and businesses to close too.

Since the Mumbai attack national and local governments all around the world have had to plan for it, and the roaming nature of this would probably dictate that kind of response. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Clearly? You just said that. Its not Clearly anything right now but a bombing.
Some peoples kids...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Outrageous if deliberate (which it looks very likely with 3 blasts) - many people run marathons to raise money for others, there is usually a carnival atmosphere and should not need any security. Feel really sorry for the members who have relatives in Boston, the mobile network will be overloaded with so many people wanting to tell their relatives that they are okay.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join