It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Why would someone target innocent civilians if it was a "patriot group". Why not target something else? The Federal Reserve comes to mind.

link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Rocker2013

You joined here 7 days ago, thanks but no thanks why dont you get more information before you start delivering DHS Army War College talking points?

Oh, hm, well I have been on this site since 2006 and I echo that post (and starred it, and think it's a good point, just look at this thread).

In fact let me quote it again:

It's really too early to be placing blame, but as we're on the discussion of what is "likely" I'll say what I thought when I saw the news.

There is an extremist element in the right wing. I know people don't want to hear it, but put your party political knee-jerk defences aside for a moment and see that this doesn't mean "all Republicans". You cannot deny that there ARE Republican extremists out there, just as there are extremists of all kinds.

You have a very unhappy extreme right. They're seeing gun control being discussed, and they're seeing gay marriage being put on the agenda with public support.

This was in Boston, which is symbolic itself. I've just heard a local reporter stating that it's "Patriots Day" too in the state.

In addition, the news I'm hearing is that there were three explosions, two at the same time, and one on a suspicious package that was a controlled blast. This tells me that these were not suicide bombs, and they were timed. That means the perpetrator (or perpetrators) are still out there. That also tells me that this is not a Muslim extremist attack, as a large part of that is the idea of martyrdom.

Everything is telling me that this is a right wing extremist group or individual.

Seems homegrown to me, people are angry, right near the Newtown families? Yeah. No, I agree with him/her.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
In Boston, on Tax day.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say domestic terror.

If true - dumbasses. This is why we can't have nice things anymore.

I swear, I'm sick of reading tough talk, revolutionary rhetoric on line. It breeds crazy like this and accomplishes exactly nothing but tragedy.

Exactly what I was thinking.

link   

Originally posted by relocator

Race day got started with 26 seconds of silence in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. A little more than 2 hours later, the lead runners will go past the Mile 26 marker, which has been decorated with the Newtown, Conn., seal and dedicated to the memory of those killed there.

Source

I was wondering if the explosions were near mile marker 26...

Just heard on CBS news a witness state the first explosion was near marker 26....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Bad news and appallying. My gut feeling this is the work of North Korean sleeper cells. We shall see. My condolences to those who have died and whose families are now grieving.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

I'm sorry, but this is misleading. Gay "leaks" do not mean explosions are certain. Cities all over the world have gas leaks every way, that's why we have methods in place to monitor pressure and to smell gas when it's escaping. Don't you think with those thousands of people due there they would have noticed the MASSIVE smell of gas? For explosions like that, you would need two gas leaks, and explosions simultaneously, you would also need a huge build up of gas in the are for a blast like that.

The explanation of "gay leak" is not sensible, nor is it likely.
In addition, this would have been announced already. If it were a gas leak then they would have found the sources within minutes.

Gay leaks? Or did you really mispell G-A-S three times?

link   

Originally posted by skyblueworld
Britain is now on high alert with the upcoming funeral of Margaret Thatcher a possible target (if Boston is a terrorist attack).
From Britain

Not heard this yet. Just heard on the news, 2 dead and many injured, but that is so far.

No doubt that security for the funeral will be high, too many haters for it not to be. shame really, innocent people killed in the name of what?

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by camaro68ss

Terrorist attacks do not come in one they usually comes in twos and threes

Like timothy McVeigh?

link   
I predict they will trace this to an anti-government group. One made up of right-wing, Christians who distrust the Obama admin and support the constitution. They will have some veterans in the group.

Then - let the crackdown on anti-government "hate speech" commence. They'll just need a little extrajudicial wiggle room.

link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
It's really too early to be placing blame, but as we're on the discussion of what is "likely" I'll say what I thought when I saw the news.

There is an extremist element in the right wing. I know people don't want to hear it, but put your party political knee-jerk defences aside for a moment and see that this doesn't mean "all Republicans". You cannot deny that there ARE Republican extremists out there, just as there are extremists of all kinds.

You have a very unhappy extreme right. They're seeing gun control being discussed, and they're seeing gay marriage being put on the agenda with public support.

This was in Boston, which is symbolic itself. I've just heard a local reporter stating that it's "Patriots Day" too in the state.

In addition, the news I'm hearing is that there were three explosions, two at the same time, and one on a suspicious package that was a controlled blast. This tells me that these were not suicide bombs, and they were timed. That means the perpetrator (or perpetrators) are still out there. That also tells me that this is not a Muslim extremist attack, as a large part of that is the idea of martyrdom.

Everything is telling me that this is a right wing extremist group or individual.

edit on 15-4-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

Slow down there sport. Dont wrap your speculations in official sounding language when you have no idea what is really happening,

Essentially, full blown speculation isnt really welcome.

But welcome to ATS...lol

link   
Fox said they have a suspect...?

I don't see that...

-SAP-

link   
This was listed as one of the bomb spots.What is the silver pipe?
671 boylston st

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
bbc news have just reported that onsite officials could smell cordite in the aftemath and the affected area has just been declared a no fly zone over the area, JFK library has been confirmed as an explosion from reuters

link   
Heard on scanner a Penske truck is being checked and they are trying to gain access to it.

link   
If they diffused some of these, that meant prior knowledge. The city knew something was up and did not find them all in time. Folks, there are threats against the US every minute of every day. What a tragedy and hope this is it.

link   
So where's our fearless leader ?
Shouldn't we be hearing something from Obama ?

link   
Looks like a suicide bomb (the first explosion).... i could be wrong but.... hey, they are in every country now....

I read that one was in a bin!!

I thought the Police and security check bins??

link   

Everyone please read this and go watch this video CNN posted below. This is seriously strange.

In this video you can see some bizzare image manipulation or artifacts.

Go to the link below and go to the 1:14 video mark and watch behind the van, the people, and even the officer walking with a dog on the left.

CNN VIDEO

I NEED HELP DOWNLOADING THE VIDEO! Does anyone know how to save this specific video somewhere for later viewing?

edit on 15-4-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by proob4

Originally posted by camaro68ss
And DHS did there jobs how?
Exactly, They don't!

I don't agree. How do you know that they haven't stopped hundreds of attacks in the last ten years? It's easy to point at an event and blame someone for not stopping it, but there will ALWAYS be people who get through the net. You have to consider how many examples of success there has been rather than picking out the one terrorist attack in a decade and using it as PROOF that the government has failed.

I'm not one to defend governments and departments, but attacking them for not stopping this when no one knows the facts is just not right.

link   
Just heard on scanner that a Penske rental truck reportedly loaded with "medical supplies" tried to gain access to the area but was turned away. Now they're trying to find that truck.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join