It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Just thinking allowed here, but I assume that they are not showing the clip of the man placing the bag at the detonation site for legal purposes. If they released the images of the man dropping the bag at the site to all of America (and the world for that matter), then any lawyer could argue about getting a fair trial, etc.

There are a lot of legal trappings they have to consider in these situations. They want to catch the bastard, but they also need to be sure they can prosecute him when they do.
edit on 18-4-2013 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Well, not for nothing, but the FBI could be wrong as well. Just because they release a photo of a person of interest, doesn't mean that is the guy, and he was a lone wolf.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Yea I saw that a little bit ago, zoomed:

*edit to add: Where is his backpack?
edit on 18-4-2013 by AutOmatIc because: edit

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sooth

If such footage even exists.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by xavi1000

Yea I saw that a little bit ago, zoomed:

He's not that tall and has a very slight build, he looks like a teenager.

SMR

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

FBI have video of the guy in the White cap, setting down his backpack, WALKING AWAY calmly (probably as not to attract attention) but also stayed in the area to watch. I'm pretty sure they are 100% on these guys.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

So they claim. I will believe it when I see it. I don't trust the feds word at all these days.
edit on Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:13:14 -0500 by TKDRL because: dyslexic moment lol

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Hang on a second! Do you mean to say that the images released by the FBI of the two suspects do not appear in the plethora of images already discussed at great length here on this thread? That neither suspect has been red circled or had their innocence insulted, dissected, and slandered over for all the world to see by the mob of bomber spotters? Please, someone hold me up, I'm reeling with incredulity that anyone could've have got past such avid and earnest inspection!

The more I read you the more I wanna hug you lol.

YES you are very correct in seeing that the 5 dozen people circled, dissected and slandered by the "clueless internet mobs" all turned out to be "not the suspect(s)" the FBI were eyeing. Yes...you are right to observe that even though the FBI itself stated 15 hours after the blast that the bombs were probably left mins before the blast, that countless people STILL continued to put meaningless circles and squares around folks standing there for hours and hours.

Yes, you are right to see that even tho evidence at hand SCREAMS most of these poor people being made "suspects" by the fisher-price-my-first-photoshop-detectives are innocent and deserve a little more respect than being flashed around the net as "the bombers".

But yknow...its 2013...pitch forks are digital these days.

Hugs.

MM

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I heard a report earlier that such footage does exist. They aren't showing it they said because the FBI can ask him during interrogation to describe where and how he placed the bag. That would prove they had the right guy. Ask him to describe things only the person who planted the bomb would know. Strengthens their case against him.

edit on 18-4-2013 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You're correct. I understand people want answers. But they do not know how to look at all the clues and evidence to see who is at fault. Of course a lot of people do it as jokes to frame random people and love how idiots react to their "findings".

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What made the FBI pinpoint these guys as the suspects?

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The FBI says they have surveillance video of the the guy in the white cap setting down his bag and leaving the scene.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Another pic of the suspect, running away from the scene on Left

Why is the man all the way to the lower right with the Boston shirt on laughing while looking at the suspect?

link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
What made the FBI pinpoint these guys as the suspects?

-SAP-

Time, place, footage of man placing bag down in location of second bomb, then using cellphone the very second first bomb exploded. As reported yesterday morning.

MM

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

One person on reddit is saying that they might not be showing the video of him placing it to give witnesses credibility.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Only a moron would do that lol..... Or a psycho maybe. Sure officer, I put down the bomb right here like this....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IcyPatriot

There is no way to tell what he is looking at, and his line of sight doesn't seem to even remotely suggest he is looking across the street at that man.

His face also doesn't show the tell tale muscle signature of "laughing". Looks very much like a mid-expression of stressed muscles or a micro-expression of panic.

But...you see him laughing and focusing on the suspect?

ok.

MM
edit on 18-4-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IcyPatriot
Why is the man all the way to the lower right with the Boston shirt on laughing while looking at the suspect?

It's a momentary image, a millisecond caught frozen in time. Maybe he was turning his head rather than looking at anyone.

You cannot make assumptions on mood or demeanour based on one millisecond like this. It's impossible.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Only a moron would do that lol..... Or a psycho maybe. Sure officer, I put down the bomb right here like this....

There is more than a handful of reasons the bomber would tell on his own self in this situation. Namely "better sentencing and treatment" if he admits to his act, and reveals who orchestrated the plan. That's standard procedure for getting a guilty party to admit to an act they already are obviously incriminated in already.

Happens all the time. Plea bargaining is the way of the law.

MM

edit on 18-4-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join