It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I cannot understand for the life of me why news outlets tell the public something that is blatantly false and leads them on a wild goose chase for hours on end. Take a look at the chopper cam on CNBC, thousands of people outside the court house.

False info is leaked, spreads like wildfire, and ultimately is retracted. Happens. Every. Time.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck

Originally posted by roadgravel
Conspiracy?

Retract the arrest story. Send the suspect off to a special military base. No lawyers and public justice people involved.

Let's not act like news sources ever try to jump ahead of the story or mis-hear something. Someone could have said that arrests are coming and they took that as happening currently.

The way I've seen them screw something up as simple as reporting about the newest iPhone, I can see them screwing up reporting about something with a bunch of unknowns.

[Breaking news update at 2:36 p.m. Wednesday]

There is conflicting information as to whether someone has been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings. A federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend that someone was arrested. But later, two senior administration officials and another federal official told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding among officials and that no one has been arrested.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paradism

They all want to be the first to report.

Once one site issues a report, they all do and then check the facts

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
One has to wonder how good the sources are that the news uses. i think the effort to be first is bypassing verification of information quite often. Gotta love unnamed sources.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

In the age of of immediacy, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever that CNNBC News does this. What, did the Boston PD not know that the story broke? Why does it take 2 1/2 hours to get a statement out of the court house?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Reports of an arrest are false, or perhaps premature. Someone is allegedly in custody, but not under arrest.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So - breaking news says they have a suspect in custody.

Suddenly, thousands of mob mentality, angry American's begin to surround the court-house....

Now the news is redacting it's statement - and saying oh' no... no suspect.

Opps.

From here on out it's all a conspiracy now, isn't it? Thanks MSM for making all the CT anti-government anythings day! Thanks for that.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

CNN " oops sorry our bad. no suspect no custody we dont verify before we talk out our ass

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Now CNN says a hospital is being evacuated in Boston.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ya...arrest=angry mod = no arrest.

I'm guessing totally here...but maybe they were just told to retract that arrest statement in face of a riot situation?

Naw...just early morning and not enough coffee yet...I'm just paranoid.

Honest mistake reporting? Ya?

MM

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Can we get a brand on the back pack from the zipper?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

From what I see in this picture the exploded backpack looks like I belongs to the bald guy, not the guy in blue everyone was talking about.

pic

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Reply not meant to be rude but got a source just looked on CNN web page on my phone can't see anything

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Ya, gotta link to that? Looking for it myself in meantime.

Hugs.

MM

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Fox.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradism
reply to post by Wildbob77

In the age of of immediacy, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever that CNNBC News does this. What, did the Boston PD not know that the story broke? Why does it take 2 1/2 hours to get a statement out of the court house?

CNN Claims that their source got it wrong. But in response to your second question about them taking a couple hours to let the media know they got it wrong? Good question..

One possibility is that they found the suspect in the Lord and taylor video that dropped the bag...And they thought slam dunk...but when they went to aprehend him....he had a rock solid explanation, maybe went back and picked up the bag...had a group of friends that were with him to verify etc.

Which would mean the investigation is back to square one.

another explanation would be they identified a suspect via video...matched a name to a face...and went to arrest the guy and it was the wrong guy...he wasn't even at the marathon and has a rock solid alibi? So they need to squint at the video again and try to properly find the man they are staring at?

Or maybe they have identified him, but can't find him..

Who knows..
edit on 17-4-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Okay this is now getting freaky.

There's a media report that someone has been arrested and all media is then on the Boston court house and crowds arrive outside, then there's a "Code Red" in the courthouse?!

That sounds like someone is playing the media. That sounds like it could be a planned trap to get attention on the building.

Has the perpetrator just got all media eyes on his next target?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Interesting theory
2nd

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That's Fox Racing.. but nothing stated that it is the zipper from the bookbag.. That was just a zipper on the ground. Could have been from clothing, or even used as shrapnel.. Who Knows.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

sort of..ironic.... that those guys are dressed...well identicaly to the two guys wearing the back packs......just an observation...wierd

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join