It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
I'd like to add a word of caution to the thread, as I feel some amateur sleuthing and guesswork may get out of hand and potentially lead to some innocent having a pretty awful day if we're not careful.

Or someone could spot something vital.

All the images appearing on this thread and being poured over like its a competition to see whom can identify the 'bad guy/s' first need to be followed back to their source, and when brought to this thread have the real source linked.

Yes but we all want to catch the "bad guys". But agree sources need to be confirmed.

Originally posted by elysiumfire We actually have people photoshopping and manipulating the images of people in various states of injury and distress! As far as I am concerned, that is a very very despicable and nasty contemptuous practice, and whomever is doing it, whether it be an individual or a media outlet, needs to brought to book.

Agree the people trying to make a conspiracy out of the victims are worthless scum.

Many of the images do not show a time stamp, so its hard to gauge what time the photograph was taken, especially when it just shows the crowd prior to the explosions. The images could have been taken seconds or hours before the bombs detonated, and as crowds are not static, but a fluid flux of movement, the likelihood of actually spotting and homing in on the 'bad guy/s' (without actually knowing what they look like beforehand) is virtually nil.

Cant hurt to look.

Many people are being picked out of the images for their stereotypical appearance of what constitutes (in the mind of the spotter) suspicious behaviour.

Ear peices like the those in the photo above indicate someone not joe public.

I guess what I am saying is don't be fooled or foolish. Be discerning, be accurate, and trace images back to their original source. Above all, be sympathetic to those people in the images, put yourself in their position. How would you feel if you knew complete strangers on conspiracy websites were picking you out as a potential suspect?
edit on 17/4/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

Everyone innocent until proven guilty but on the other had everyone is a potenial suspect. You cant let emotion and sentmentality cloud a investigation.
edit on 17-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Was studying this picture further when I noticed the punisher skull on the hat of the man on the right. Still studying this but it seems its widely used amongst the Navy Seals and Marine Force Recon. This goes along with the desert camo boots standard issue for the military. So far this is just a coincidence until i find out more. If anyone can enhance the photo to look at it better a lot of the time's military units put numbers in the middle of the skull to coincide with there unit.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Agree would really help if someone got all the real pictures and put them in order. Would help a ton! Even the messy ones.

This sites about investigations and this is our best tool.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
And I disagree with those slagging off obama.

I think he is keeping a cool head and is being carefull not to do anything rash.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't know about the two guys with backpacks. If they are intel working with any of the alphabet agencies...

I don't see them jumping to action when the bombs go off. I don't see them rushing to help at the scene as you'd expect with their training. Where are the photos of them helping after the initial blast? Are there any pictures after the blast of these two individuals jumping into action? Their training kicking in? This will do much to dispel the mystery of who these men were - as in being agents or officers of some sort - or simply spectators or someone else...

Also has anyone checked out the person who recorded that wonderful video of the blast center screen, which just pans as though in timing to include the second blast center screen?

Just thoughts.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

That why they did not jump into action. There training.

It is the police job to do all the crowed clearying and the ambulance staff to deal with wounded.

If they are there they are there to stop the bomb or catch the person.
After the bomb went off they are most liklely to stand down until further orders which is what they look like they are getting. And those orders could be anyhting from get back to base to be debreifed or more likely to head to another site to look for suspects or other divices.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Keep those pics handy people CNN just put out that a suspect has been identified.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Two of the victims positions as seen from above... Warning this is kinda gruesome...

i.imgur.com...
edit on 17-4-2013 by DichroChrono because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If those are alphabet people there to try to stop a possible bomb plot, then the government already knows exactly who (as in the group, not the individual person) is responsible.

They are just not telling the public.

edit on 17-4-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

First of all, I wasn't patronizing you!
if you say so

no, we weren't.
don't take my word for it, check any page after 129.
the Forum is not the 1st location, is it ?

hardly ... here's the post from DrHammondStoat, pg 129

your'e right not to dismiss everything outright just because of the source as they are only going off presumably FBI reports. However they say there is a picture showing the 'grey and orange bag' next to the trash can, then in the after explosion the grey and orange bag isn't there.........but it seems it is! They have blurred out some people as they say it's graphic and also what looks like the bag, still next to the trash can.

As others have pointed out, other photos show a burn mark on the ground behind the crowd. So I don't think that bag was a bomb, it would be good to see an unblurred photo to see if that bag is still there.

2-tone bag, 2nd bomb, 2nd location, 'box' --> not grandstands.

when you insist that an image of location 1 is actually location 2, i have to wonder if you have a clue about any of it

your prior contributions led me to think you have a good eye and certainly a better one than me but if you aren't willing to discern the locations, you cannot begin to pinpoint an origin.
but thanks for trying.

the image of the bag on the ground is at the first location
which bag ??
the previous discussion was in regards to the 2-tone colored bag (not black, grey or a backpack) set outside the barriers, near the 'box', at the 2nd location, not the 1st.

the burned bag/backpack that has recently surfaced, i have no idea where it was found, do you ?

the fenced in areas with the sign on the side is the first location
yes, i believe it is.

i am not confused about the images.
look at the barriers, they are extremely different at the 2 locations.
what happened at the grandstands (which shops i don't know - Lenscrafters i think) features metal scaffolding and shoulder-high, wire-tied, wooden fence with the blue drape fronting the street.

the 2nd location, in front of the Forum, Atlantic Fish and a Starbucks, features standard, thigh high, open, metal barricades. (like we used to chain our bicycles to years ago)

also, the 2nd location features the 'box' (UPS/FedX maildrop i think), not the 1st.
[the nearest dropbox at location 1 i've seen is near the cross street, some distance from the blast itself]

from the picture gallery i linked, start at pic #10
(yuk, i did not want to count those)

here, you will clearly see the 'box', the lamp post, 4 store-fronts, the address 755, the hedge and the decorative fencing (black) mentioned previously.

the barricades on this part of the track are not even resemblant of what is near the grandstands.
there is a Starbuck's next to the Forum but i do not know if there is also one near the grandstands (i've read there is)

now, given the pattern of injured at this site (#2), it seems more likely that the device was near the street vs the buildings.
image #10 is not of the 1st location or grandstands.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Boston Globe reporting FBI has identified a "suspect".

www.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DichroChrono

My guess based on what you posted and other images I think they were 2-3m south west (faceing down from the building ) from the blast.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

That why they did not jump into action. There training.

It is the police job to do all the crowed clearying and the ambulance staff to deal with wounded.

If they are there they are there to stop the bomb or catch the person.
After the bomb went off they are most liklely to stand down until further orders which is what they look like they are getting. And those orders could be anyhting from get back to base to be debreifed or more likely to head to another site to look for suspects or other divices.

I see. That makes good sense. I'm just questioning things. I've been following this thread from page one when the story broke before MSM had even broke the story. I'm military - but I'm a nurse. My training would kick in to rush to the crowd and attend the wounded. But it makes sense, other teams would respond to the situation in different ways as they were trained.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Precisely different jobs different responses

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Boston Globe reporting FBI has identified a "suspect".

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Right...

CNN's John King is reporting that "substantial progress" has been made in the investigation: Boston officials believe they may have identified a bombing suspect. It is said to be a "clear identification of a suspect" based on new video, obtained with help of a local TV station. King's law enforcement source in Boston called it a "significant breakthrough" and a "game changer," having been told there is "one suspect" — but there could be more. A second source briefed on the investigation told King that department store video (apparently surveillance footage) from a local Lord & Taylor in Copley Square shows a clear facial recognition; investigators had been looking for video of a suspect placing down a bag and walking away. That's apparently what the video shows. No confirmation of an arrest has been made and no identifying details have emerged other than what was described to King as a "dark skinned male individual." The Lord & Taylor would appear, from the above Reuters photo that appeared on the front page of today's New York Times, to have been the second blast site.
The Boston Globe is reporting similar news: "Authorities have an image of a suspect carrying, and perhaps dropping, a black bag at the second bombing scene," its homepage reports.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My question is if these two guys are spooks why would they be carrying large ruck sacks ?

link   
FBI reporting they may have a suspect.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by roadgravel

Thats not a lone bag on the pavement... its a jacket and someone is wearing it and have their hands in the pockets!!

Seriously?

Guessing that was meant for the person I quoted...

link   

Originally posted by Cbell77

Was studying this picture further when I noticed the punisher skull on the hat of the man on the right. Still studying this but it seems its widely used amongst the Navy Seals and Marine Force Recon. This goes along with the desert camo boots standard issue for the military. So far this is just a coincidence until i find out more. If anyone can enhance the photo to look at it better a lot of the time's military units put numbers in the middle of the skull to coincide with there unit.

Tried to blow up the picture, it got pixelated fast. The best I can tell you is that there appears to be something written across the forehead of the skull on the BB cap..perhaps a number...but can't make it out.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
My question is if these two guys are spooks why would they be carrying large ruck sacks ?

Probably bomb disposal stuff, concealed rifles and maybe scanners for certain bomb materials..

new topics

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join