It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderLustKing
I will add some pics of older gentleman with the grey stripe backpack. I had seen this on liveleak. I refuse to speculate and participate in the witch hunt. However, I do think this back pack the guy is wearing looks more like the remnants of the charred one IMO.

Photos Here

What interests me most about these pics is that like I pointed out early in this thread...a Backpack with a pressure cooker filled with nails and ball bearings is going to be HEAVY compared to backpacks that other spectators would be carrying ...bottle of water, windbreaker etc. THUS the perp would be carrying it differently. If slung over a shoulder, the shoulder would quickly cramp or ache trying to support and keep the strap in place. The perp would be carrying the backpack awkwardly and differently, not easily slung over the shoulder.

In the pics you provided the backpack matches and the man is carrying it just like one would predict. He is even using his other arm to help support the arm carrying the heavy backpack.

There is real risk of a witch hunt here, but from those pics, the way he is holding/supporting the backpack, the backpack matching one of the suspected backpack bombs and his proximity to where it was left...he should be talked to IMO.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

that sounds like something out of Phantasm

i think i'll vote no ... i like my machete

As technology develops advanced measures to Prevent dangerous outcomes will be reached. Its the balance or the gift and curse.

hmmmm, the technology advances i cannot deny but perhaps a reminder that it didn't work out so well in Phantasm, so why would it now ?

humans don't stand a chance of advancing as rapidly as technology

oh noes, not ... nah, it can't be, no way ... not integration ...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Rocker2013

the lady circled is holding a jacket, not the fencing.
is this view in front of the Forum or Atlantic Fish ?

the pics of the aftermath reveal both a dual lamp post and a hedge line near the double doors.
where are they in relation to this photo ?

to see what i'm looking at, scroll through/past the gore, about 1/2 way down the page and there are two or three shots of the Forum/AF before & after the blast and from a better vantage point.
cryptome.org...
CAUTION: Link above includes extreme graphic images !!

it appears that the origin should be closer to the street or the glass double doors would be more damaged

If you take a look at the second image in that collection, the source of the blast is where the fence with the sign is, where the man is kneeling to tend to the poor woman on the ground in front of him.

I know it's confusing, because from the damage done and the injuries one would think that the explosion happened further toward the road, but people were pushed in that direction by the force. Also, the damage to the buildings is somewhat of a misnomer, because it would all depend on the structure of the device, the positioning of it, the direction of shrapnel and reverberation of the blast from those in front of the buildings etc.

I too thought the blast origin was closer to the road, but there are images of the investigation that clearly show the scorch mark in the spot where the man is kneeling, and where that object can be seen in the other image.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DichroChrono

well that answerd my question..thatis a very good compilation...very very interesting and im gunna repost the link

imgur.com...

its sorta amazing what people can find.....

an edit to add info

www.youtube.com...

this is showing something being removed an tv in 'real-time'...or is the vid a fake? another example of manipulation by the press? weird....
edit on 17-4-2013 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

you are exaggerating.
do you realize that fully loaded with fluid, the Pcooker would be heavier than what you are suggesting? plus, there is the timer/trigger and whatever mechanics are necessary for it to function taking up space.

ever carry a bag o'bats or hockey equipment or multiple books at once?

yes, it will be heavier than a purse or bottled water
but it isn't going to be heavy enough to trigger noticeable differences to the untrained eye.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If you take a look at the second image in that collection, the source of the blast is where the fence with the sign is, where the man is kneeling to tend to the poor woman on the ground in front of him.

that image is from the 1st blast location near the grandstands.
scroll to the right and look at the barricades.

seriously, scroll 1/2 way down the page to the 2nd blast site.
in front of the Forum and Atlantic Fish.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I know it's confusing

yes, it is but there are very specific landmarks between the two blast sites, please take note that i'm following along, just not participating as much to avoid nonsense like this.

yes, they were moved off their feet, some right out of their shoes

please, don't patronize me unless you desire same.

true and it would help a whole bunch IF you were looking at the correct image for the site in question.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Looks super sketchy. Best 'suspect' yet. Bearded guy with the beard and grey stripped bag.

Edit: lol @ bearded guy w/ the beard.
edit on 17-4-2013 by DichroChrono because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The problem I see with those pictures is that they are at least 2 hours prior to the bomb going off.

There are many interesting pictures floating around...some of this guy in the blue jacket and then one of two guys in black jackets and khakis both with large black backpacks.

I agree, it shouldn't be a witch hunt...but then again the FBI is requesting people to share things they are seeing. If I were any of those people in the pictures floating around (blue jacket guy, two black jacket guys, and guy running from explosion), I would just go to the police/FBI to say "Hey...that's me...and I didn't do it".

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Thats not a lone bag on the pavement... its a jacket and someone is wearing it and have their hands in the pockets!!

Seriously?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

yes, it will be heavier than a purse or bottled water
but it isn't going to be heavy enough to trigger noticeable differences to the untrained eye.

Not really worth much of a response here. Even empty a Pressure cooker is relatively heavy...fill one with ball bearings and nails, plus explosives and then tell me it's not going to sag a backpack and make shoulder carrying for any period of time uncomfortable. I suspect you are just looking to be contrary because I called you on your outright BS earlier.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
reply to post by misfit312

I've seen that image of the object on the ground on the road side of the fence a couple of times now, and I think that is misleading. It looks more like a sand bag to me, used to weight down the fence.
It certainly doesn't look like anything anyone would have been able to get into that position without suspicion. It stands to reason that they would have hidden their explosives in a back pack, and that is a little too obvious and unusual to be sensible.

Also, in the second image after the explosion, there doesn't seem to be any visible damage to the side of the trash can. If a bomb had just gone off right next to it, with the force to do damage ten feet away on the front of the building, there WOULD be more damage to that bin. There would at leas be a scorch mark up the side of it, and denting from the shrapnel. But there's nothing visible on it at all.

I was thinking the same thing when I viewed the photo on skynews website. That bin would have been blown away or at least mangled a bit.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

The two guys with the Khaki's do look very interesting. They acted suspicious...in a few frames an older woman seperates them and they appear not to know one another...and then when SHTF they are in a different location and look rather calm, standing side by side and both on thier cells. Dressed identically, built, both with general military appearance. They are definietly there with purpose...if not for the bombs I would have guessed some form of security.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

you are forgetting the timer, battery, circuit board and whatever else accompanied the schrapnel.
and no, they aren't that heavy ... or are you a weakling ?
[i don't top 100lbs soaking wet]

you tried and failed again, what's new ?
i never said anything about 'comfort', where are you getting that?

and btw, the guy you pointed out earlier, he looks more like a bored father/husband with a bad back who also happens to be too large to wear that particular backpack.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I know it's confusing

yes, it is but there are very specific landmarks between the two blast sites, please take note that i'm following along, just not participating as much to avoid nonsense like this.

yes, they were moved off their feet, some right out of their shoes

please, don't patronize me unless you desire same.

true and it would help a whole bunch IF you were looking at the correct image for the site in question.

First of all, I wasn't patronizing you!
I am well aware of the locations of landmarks, and we're talking about the first location here, opposite the seating, NOT the second location outside the Starbucks.

I know what site we are discussing with this bag, it is the same location in all of the pics I have discussed.

The scorch mark on the ground is at the first location, the image of the bag on the ground is at the first location, the fenced in areas with the sign on the side is the first location.

I don't know what you're going on about, but you seem to think I have attacked or insulted you when I haven't, and you seem to be confused about which image is from which site.

link   
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this link has been posted in the thread already, but 4chan Think Tank has a nice compilation of images showing possible suspects in the bombing.

4chan Think Tank

link   
reply to post by Honor93

Not replying to your nonsense...bark into the wind.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I cant post the pics are they are too gory and have been taken off early in the thread .From the blast pattern, pattern of causality, blood pattern, black burnt debris I think the explosions were further back near/next to the buildings.This makes sense as it at the front of the crowed allot of the blast would be wasted on the open road which only had a hand full of runners.

If confirmed it was black powder used so as I suspected not a high explosive detonation but rather a low explosive deflagnation. A small pressure cooker device wont cause too much structural damage.

This thing would be like a large grape shot from a cannon.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind
reply to post by Indigo5

The problem I see with those pictures is that they are at least 2 hours prior to the bomb going off.

There are many interesting pictures floating around...some of this guy in the blue jacket and then one of two guys in black jackets and khakis both with large black backpacks.

For reference on those two khaki dudes...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by roadgravel

Thats not a lone bag on the pavement... its a jacket and someone is wearing it and have their hands in the pockets!!

Seriously?

I've seen both suggested, and both are plausible to me. It could indeed be either depending on how you view the image. It's hard to tell with just that small area to look at, and the position of light means there would be little shadow.

It still doesn't change the fact that this is the position of the first blast though, so even that helps to narrow down the spot we are looking at in reference to other images taken on the day.

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join