It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sobrett2012
Someone may have posted about this already, but I was watching tv and at the bottom of the screen it said that all cell phones were shut down after the explosion to avoid any possible detonations. It later stated that Verizon and other cell providers made a statement that did not shut the services off. Any information on this?

I heard what you heard. It was a false rumour.

The cellphones would be down in chaos like that. The system gets overloaded. Same thing happened in the Vancouver riots. I couldn't get a hold of my daughter who was near the riot.

It's why they ask you not to use phones unless you really have to.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat999

Their reservation system crashed and went offline. They grounded the flights because they have no idea as to who booked the flights.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by neo96

Could the explosives which are in a crock pot sealed which hides the contents then be placed next to a coffee shop Starbucks in order to hide any left over smells from putting it together to keep bomb sniffing dogs from finding it? Coffee was used at one time to throw off drug sniffing dogs.
]

Unless you seal something and then dump it completely in coffee that wouldn't work. The air particles flowing past the bombs should still carry that scent to a dog even if a strong smell was nearby. As others have pointed out, sniffer dogs aren't infallible anyway and they can only investigate what their handlers put in front of them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Apparently that is what they initially said but the story has changed now:

JUST IN: All American Airlines flights have been grounded in the US due to computer system malfunctions.

Initially the 3rd largest US carrier told its customers that flight delays were due to its reservation and booking tool being offline, but Sabre, which provides the service, said there are currently no problems with this system.

American Airlines later requested a nationwide 'ground stop' on its flights due to unspecified computer problems. - Bloomberg News

Read more: bloom.bg...

Photo: An American Airlines aircraft is shown on the ramp at Dallas-Ft Worth International Airport in February. (Mike Stone/Reuters)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've read every last page of this thread and I finally have to post that I am mystified as to why so many people are saying, "why did the bomb sniffing dogs miss the bombs?" Well maybe, just maybe, the terrorist dropped the bombs in the trash can AFTER the dogs made their rounds...just throwing that out there.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What I heard and Only Heard, is that the containment was not a "crock pot" but more like a pressure cooker, like this, maybe...

The seals are sufficient to provide containment for a large enough amount of low explosive to build to a "deflagaration". Yesterday I was thinking fire extinguishers, but heard this on CNN toady... somewhere.

It is feasible. Just trying in my mind to figure how someone can get away with putting this in a "garbage can" and not be noticed while doing it. Unless they did it earlier (before the race).

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I read the dogs did 2 passes, once at the start of the race, and the other upwards of an hour before anyone crossed the finish line. Giving whoever more than enough time to plant them and leave the area.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
I've read every last page of this thread and I finally have to post that I am mystified as to why so many people are saying, "why did the bomb sniffing dogs miss the bombs?" Well maybe, just maybe, the terrorist dropped the bombs in the trash can AFTER the dogs made their rounds...just throwing that out there.

I already stated this earlier and I'm in complete agreement with you.
The bombers will have been around for anything up to a minute prior to the explosion , otherwise they risk discovery of their devices .

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

the point i made with the video, was he dials his phone and one bomob goes off, then again, and another bomb goes off...not the cars hitting people

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm forced to repost this here. It was about the bombs being made from pressure cookers. The thread got closed as soon as I posted this because there is this pre-existing thread. Told to add my discussion here.

Here it was.

I tend to jump all over these false flag attacks as of late. I admit I do not believe the OS for 911, how ever I'm not sure this is quite on the level of a false flag attack.

A pressure cooker is actually an easy to acquire, ready to use explosive vessel. It's intended to hold pressure in, how ever if it's max load is exceeded it can fail catastrophically. Putting black powder in this vessel is enough to exceed it's maximum pressure load, how ever at the same time a far superior casing than paper, cardboard, or a pipe put together in a shop.

The longer the container resists the expansion of the powder the more powerful the resulting blast will be.

If you put a pile of gunpowder on the ground and light it, it goes woof. If you used a paper or cardboard tube it goes bang, but does not produce as large of a concussive shock wave as say a steel pipe capped on both ends.

A steel pipe capped on both ends will fail sooner than a pressure cooker, and you have to assemble it just right so one of the caps doesn't just blow off. I know this is sort of a weird spin on things, but it's a very effective means of building an explosive device and you can find old steel pressure cookers in thrift shops for a few bucks. You can buy black powder or smokeless powder at many fire arms dealers/sporting goods stores, and if you wanted to increase your bang you could use ANFO which is really not that hard to make, or acquire the quantities to fill a few pressure cookers.

Another interesting property to this format is the lid would most likely fail first, making it more a rudimentary directional claymore mine. Enough delay is provided to allow efficient detonation of the explosive, and releasing devastating results.

Disgusting in all regards, but definitely not complicated in any regard. I'm still waiting to hear about how the devices were set off.

I'm still not convinced this is a false flag attack. I do not see where additional rights will be infringed. If they start to talk about eliminating to right to public assembly, or additional attacks spring up in the next few days resulting in a state of emergency. I don't see it.

This was a charity event, there were runners from all over north america, and outside north america as well.

It stinks of home grown, and I'm really curious to see who is responsible.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

totally agree and after that concept sinks in, the worst comes to mind.

didn't we just endure the Monsanto Protection Act ?
well, what 'restricted' appliance (pressure cookers) would greatly impinge the ppl from properly preparing and 'storing' their garden bounties, now that the Feds aren't permitted to waltz in and destroy them anymore ?

what methods could 'nudge' such equipment to become obsolete or extremely difficult to obtain ??

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Could of easy been on a 2 minute timer or even less. Gives ample time to get away without anyone suspecting a thing. Dont think it was a one man job either. Next few days are going to be interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
I'm still not convinced this is a false flag attack. I do not see where additional rights will be infringed. If they start to talk about eliminating to right to public assembly, or additional attacks spring up in the next few days resulting in a state of emergency. I don't see it.

This was a charity event, there were runners from all over north america, and outside north america as well.

It stinks of home grown, and I'm really curious to see who is responsible.

You're thinking linearly. Think more globally. If this is pinned on a militia group, for instance, this will give TPTB an excuse to crackdown on everything militia: bombing making equipment that are harmless and common in their individual components, guns and ammo (extension of Sandy Hook, Aurora, et al), any military styled club or association, assembly in large groups for clubs or meetings or whatnot (You'll need a permit for that! And home churches around the country are already experiencing varied levels of harassment by local authorities for holding meetings in their homes), you right against warrantless searches could be further eroded (you're in public with a bag! We must make sure there are no weapons or explosives in there!! Public safety, y'know).

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Do we know who the guy on the roof is yet??

Sorry havnt had time to read all 100+pages yet

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Had not thought of that angle on it. Seems a bit of a stretch... my own take is the expediency of it and the knowledge of home made "fireworks" is what drove the design. From what I understand of what has been made public so far (and that is also stretching) this is as professional as it can be as far as materials and components go.

Someone experienced with how to maximize the explosive effect given the restrictions place upon it by the containers, explosive and any frag material therein. I am not going into it here too much for obvious reasons. (They Say) that two of these were recovered.... dying to get a look at them but probably never will.

Someone made reference to devices "like the kind encountered in Afghanistan"... I didn't know they had pressure cooker IED's over there?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Man I'm really getting tired of people screaming false flag EVERY TIME something goes down. Of course there's an agenda and our government has pulled some shady crap in the past, but not everything is a conspiracy. Some of you folks need to stop over analyzing. That said, my thoughts go out to the families who lost loved ones. On a positive note, this could have been MUCH MUCH worse.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Honor93

(They Say) that two of these were recovered.... dying to get a look at them but probably never will.

That report has been refuted and it has been officially stated by every news organization, media outlet and conference to be "not true". Bomb squads found suspicious packages, and as standard procedure calls for, they blew them up. All have been officially declared "not connected to the attack" and "not weapon devices".

Also...MR MASK is here and has read every page from the moment this thread started. Thank you to the "few" who are being logical and helping me collect data. And "boooo" to the trolls and those spreading illogical nonsense alike.

I love you ATS and you are always here for me, even if I fail to be here for you all too often. You always will be my favorite website in the world.

PS- Heff, I envy your control and manner at a time like this. You surly are a wonderful mod. Butt kissing? Nope. I have nothing to kiss butt for. Just happy to see a solid man doing a solid job.

PSS- THANK YOU MEMBERS for being who you are and bringing info to all.

MM

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Who has heard this? Just wondering if anyone here has listened to this! check this out! False Flag or did they have intel susupecting apossible bomber and not say anything to scare everyone?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Best footage of explosion1 i have seen

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 16-4-2013 by neo96 because: nevermind

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join