It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is a horrible tragedy and I feel terrible for all the injured people and the families of those who were killed. To be honest I've been avoiding coverage of this like the plague on the networks and even on ATS. I skimmed this thread a little and it's what I assumed. No one knows what happened, lots of speculation about muslims, patriot groups and false flags.

Regardless of the truth of the matter, we have to be vigilant to protect our freedoms. Freedom and Liberty isn't safe. Living in a free society comes with risks and this is one of them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Yesterday, the day of the blast, I left here at about page 15. I don't know id it's been posted yet, I got this from Ramchargerscentral, a truck forum.

It speaks for itself if it's not some hoax? I don't have any idea if it is or not, or if it is possible to retroactively plant something like this by some hacker type or not?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
On a thread like this, I think it is natural to speculate on who or what might have been responsible for an act like this. Seriously I don't think there is anything wrong with it. So long as you are not claiming to know - because none of us can 'know' - unless we have inside info.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida
The Associated Press ‏AP

Obama says the FBI is investigating explosions as 'an act of terrorism' ..

The definition of terrorism includes domestic violence.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
www.youtube.com...
Yesterday, the day of the blast, I left here at about page 15. I don't know id it's been posted yet, I got this from Ramchargerscentral, a truck forum.

It speaks for itself if it's not some hoax? I don't have any idea if it is or not, or if it is possible to retroactively plant something like this by some hacker type or not?

ENOUGH with this , you can change the title/name of Facebook pages

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by MariaLida
The Associated Press ‏AP

Obama says the FBI is investigating explosions as 'an act of terrorism' ..

The definition of terrorism includes domestic violence.

Exactly, I am not sure why anyone hears the word terrorism and automatically thinks the Jack Bauer/24 definition of it being a foreign nation.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

QUOTE:
“He’s a good boy,” Badawood said of the potential suspect today. “I think he couldn’t do that.”

Officials showed up at the Revere apartment at about 5:30 p.m. yesterday in unmarked vehicles, a resident of the building said.

About an hour later, more vehicles, carrying agents of the FBI, Homeland Security and ATF also descended on the site, along with firefighters and a bomb squad. END QUOTE:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

If you go on google maps street view, you can see the garbage cans that are near the explosion sites. These are permenant garbage cans that look to be bolted to the ground.

Here is a good view of the can that is near the second explosion site (copy /paste link...don't include the qutoes)

"http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Copley+Square,+Boston,+MA&hl=en&ll=42.349109,-71.080996&spn=0.000016,0.010139&sll=42.34969,-71.078866&oq=copley+sq&hq= Copley+Square,+Boston,+MA&t=m&layer=c&cbll=42.349092,-71.080969&panoid=JwCKFo4q0gGo2zwVdP_hng&cbp=12,92.78,,0,7.94&z=17"

Here are some other google street view pictures of the garbage cans near the explosion sites.

Explosion Site 1: "http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Copley+Square,+Boston,+MA&hl=en&ll=42.349727,-71.078753&spn=0.000032,0.020278&sll=42.349137,-71.08089&sspn=0.004099,0. 010139&oq=copley+sq&hq=Copley+Square,+Boston,+MA&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=42.349689,-71.078867&panoid=5YI5tP2jMq3wc6kdEr_oVQ&cbp=12,338.62,,0,6.05"

Explosion Site 2: "http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Copley+Square,+Boston,+MA&hl=en&ll=42.349141,-71.080889&spn=0.000016,0.010139&sll=42.34969,-71.078866&sspn=0.001025,0. 002535&oq=copley+sq&hq=Copley+Square,+Boston,+MA&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=42.349137,-71.08089&panoid=WsVWTMrc6eWAgx3iDEhlVg&cbp=12,314.36,,0,0.31"

From the pictures I've seen of the aftermath of the explosions, the garbage can at Site 1 doesn't look like it is there any longer...but at site 2 it is clearly there and doesn't look damaged.

Site 1: www.therundown.tv...

Site 2: news.bbcimg.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anyone else listening to the Boston Police scanner this morning?

All kinds of suspicious packages being reported. A "smoking metal container" and a "small item in newspaper box just left on street" and a "Suspicious suitcase by a school".

Scanner

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by hoochymama

Why are people so caught up on this? Dogs are like humans.They make mistakes.

They can't catch everything,just like we can't.

Actually they are pretty darn good at what they do. The dogs being there and not hitting on this is a big issue.

They had bomb sniffing dogs at the race and they didn't catch this?

Curious

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

What I find interresting is not nessisarily what happened (as we will never know the real story), but rather what the media is forcing us to think happened.

Anyone could have done this attack and the most likely source is DHS (rosebud mentioned this attack right as the metal market took a hit months ago). Training execrcise on-going, only DHS knew the timing of the scanning/dog sniffing, 26th mile marker (26 victims of Sandy Hook; the last time the metal market dipped), stories changing etc.

If we did this strike to ourselves (via DHS), the real thing to notice is who we blame this event on and the reactions to that group as a result.

If they blame Constitutionalists (right wing, patriots), and take action against that group as a result of this blamming, then we can understand "why" they did it (to accomplish their aimes).

If they blame Islamists, and take action against Iran, then we can understand "why" they did it (to accomplish their aimes).

If they blame it on North Korea, and take action against North Korea, then we can understand "why" they did it.

The media will never tell us what really happened yesterday, they will tell us what they want us to think happened yesterday, in order to accomplish an aim.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Pressure cooker bombs?

Said to be used in Afghanistan,

That's a new one thought pipe bombs were the preferred IED for domestic terrorists.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

edit on 16-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
My feeling about this event is that this was the work of an unsophisticated, possibly domestic group or even an individual.

My reason to highly doubt false flag is the huge time delay in attributing the attack when compared to, say, 9/11 when they "found a passport" within hours and had names of all of those responsible soon after.

You will see that they will not name any "commission" to handle this investigation, unlike 9/11, JFK etc. Because this investigation will be conducted, as it should, by law enforcement not by a bunch of specially designated people (another clue of false flag IMO).

If it was a false flag attack, any planting of misdirecting evidence would have been very effective in guiding the investigation and we would have already have our scapegoat. That, as of yet, hasn't happened.

The angle of tax protest of some sort is plausible.

As far as the nature of injuries and damage, I think it all points to the lack of sophistication/experience of those responsible: The bombs might have been intended to detonate much earlier (at the time of maximum casualties) and yet it was later, perhaps a sign of hesitation or delay in dropping the devices (again, lousy work).

I think that evidence does not suggest suicide attack, because we would have had a suspect right away if that was the case (similar to false flag).

Genuine investigations are slow. This appears to be one of those IMHO.

-rrr

You are under the assumption that they do not learn from past mistakes. The speed of blame regarding 9/11 was one of the things which led to the understanding of that event as a false flag. People should get better at what they do the more they do something in general.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by McCool

One or more persons?

Given the clarification of shoddy reporting yesterday we now know there were only 2 bombs so it is now more likely they are looking for a bomber.

singular.

I also have to think of Major Nidal Hassan, also the underwear bomber etc. Al-Qaida isn't averse to smaller operations using a single operator. Most often it is some deluded native trying to prove themselves to Al-Qaida abroad. The FBI ran sting operations along this theme in the past few years and got that guy in NYC and another in the midwest if I remember correctly.

So it's possible that this was Al-Qaida motivated, inspired, coordinated...albiet from a distance and with a single player looking to prove themselves.

Not sure though. We don't know enough yet.

I think they got the wacko who planted the undenoated schrapnel bomb at the MLK parade in WA cuz he wrapped the bomb in an uncommon t-shirt?

Hopefully they are collecting good evidence, schrapnel and running chemical traces. The make-up of the bomb and specific materials involved will offer clues.

But again...Pics and video...pics and video...pics and video...there is enough there in private pics/video, media video covering the race and security cameras that they should be able to collage together a near complete running imagery of the scene moment to moment going back in time.At least I hope so.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Seems there is a connection here between these events and the Revolutionary War.

Exactly, but I see it all as being coupled together. Almost as if things have to be done accordingly, because it was done this way before and that's what works, as it ties everything together. Links to the past ?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just heard a report that the bombs were made out of pressure cookers.

They were filled with peroxide and such, as well as ball bearings. They were first used in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Anyone could have done this attack and the most likely source is DHS

You say "most likely" and I say "least likely"...I will give you "possible" in the sense that it is possible that we will get struck by a civilization ending asteroid this year.

You are welcome to speculation of course, but "most likely"? Evidence...facts...please.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here's my theory: the bombs were a distraction, something else happened at the same time.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Anyone could have done this attack and the most likely source is DHS

You say "most likely" and I say "least likely"...I will give you "possible" in the sense that it is possible that we will get struck by a civilization ending asteroid this year.

You are welcome to speculation of course, but "most likely"? Evidence...facts...please.

I presented what little facts we have been allowed acces to which led to my opinion of "most likely".

I have a friend who has been involved in the training exercises of DHS for several years and has mentioned what they have planned, DHS insider "Rosebud" has a thread here on ATS with plenty of evidence adding to my conclusions. You are free to form your own opinions just as I am free to form mine. In my opinoin the US DHS is the most likely source of this attack, and the actions taken against the scapegoat demographic over the next few weeks will reveal why they did it... even if we the people never are told what really happened.

But if you are asking for "facts" that I am dependent on MSM (since I do not live in Boston, or have physical access to the area) to provide to me, I am afraid they will not be given. Which actually adds to my "most likely" scenario.

God Bless,
edit on 16-4-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join