It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay me for doing nothing!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How about this.

FACT: There is NOT enough jobs, anyone who denies that is a fool.

So, if we force these so called "lazy kids" into a job we are actually depriving someone who WANTS a job.

That's true isn't it!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
How about this.

So, if we force these so called "lazy kids" into a job we are actually depriving someone who WANTS a job.

That's true isn't it!

You miss the point a little, there are jobs that these people can do but they refuse to bother, no not glamorous super jobs, ordinary boring ones, but ones that pay. Yes jobs are not everywhere but these lazy sods don't even look.

That's the point...

Personally if you are on job seekers and you refuse to seek then cut their money in half, the very least they can do is actively look.

I'm not suggesting people on benefits are freeloaders, anything but in many cases, there's people from all walks of life trying to get back in to the game and my heart goes out to them because they really want to improve their circumstances but to the lazy people who just sit back and wait for the money to go in their account on their EBT card in the states I say FREELOADER, LAZY ARSE FREELOADER.

They did a programme on foreign workers here in the UK, they went to local farms offering picking work, the entire work force was Polish, but before either side jump, the work was made available in the Job Centre's and the wage was above average, when the programme interviewed the locals all of them bar one simply refused to do the work because it was "too hard" and they "had to get up early", the one British guy that did take a job left after a week because he could not keep up with the Poles and found it too hard.

So not only do we see lazy people but people afraid of a bit of graft, people say the Polish were taking their jobs but the truth was very different. By trade I was a technical Manager, I ran a branch of a well known electronics firm and had a technical skilled background in computers, I built them, programmed them, gave support and managed a work force. Before that I was a teaching assistant at a special needs school, when the management job went I tried to get back into it but it wasn't to be, too old and under qualified, the experience was there but I was never put on the MS course nor could afford it then. So did I give up, NO, I worked as a salesman, when that went because the firm collapsed I sold furniture, I then learned how to make it, when they like many shops closed I worked for contractors on heavy repair jobs, building lift shafts, hauling RSJ's and renovating Dewhurst the Butchers shops, long hours, hard graft poor pay but it paid the rent, that is until my body broke.

The point being, I never gave up, nothing was beneath me, sure I'd have loved being back behind the desk having 3 holidays to Florida a year with my wife and daughter but it wasn't to be so I adapted. The lazy sods won't even try to work, they see it as YOUR responsibility to pay them to sit on their backside while you toil at work.

So they are not competing for jobs others want but they are leeching from society, how do you think a person that was on benefits who has fought damn hard to get in to work feels when they see that now they are paying for some loser to sit there laughing at them calling them sheep and slaves, part of their wages is going towards the many thousand who have the same ideal of doing NOTHING.

I've been on the Job Centre courses with the older people who feel there's nothing out there for them and in most cases they are right 100% but when things turn up they at least try, these young cretins won't even bother, they refuse to do the courses or go for one day and go home, its a huge joke to them.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

OT I know but good to see you are a UFO person, I'm a believer myself....

Keep the faith

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Growing up, we learned that if you wanted something, you worked, saved and obtained what you wanted.

Now?

If you want something and no-one gives it to you, then a) it's societies fault, b) you are too greedy to keep what someone wants, c) you're a slave, I am free, so what you have belongs to me via equal justice (or some such tripe!)

It's going to be a big wake up call to all of those that have rested on words and their butts when the system collapses and the only ones making it are the ones who know how to work.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Growing up, we learned that if you wanted something, you worked, saved and obtained what you wanted.

Now?

If you want something and no-one gives it to you, then a) it's societies fault, b) you are too greedy to keep what someone wants, c) you're a slave, I am free, so what you have belongs to me via equal justice (or some such tripe!)

It's going to be a big wake up call to all of those that have rested on words and their butts when the system collapses and the only ones making it are the ones who know how to work.

Yup, well said...

Lets see their hunter gatherer take over, oh wait, they don't have one

And so evolution will rid the world of the weak lazy ones

And sadly the sick and old

edit on 17-4-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
How about this.

That's true isn't it!

This has been a major problem in my area, laying off staff to use the free labour government has provided and also laying off staff to split their jobs into more jobs (full-time into 2 or 3 part-time) just to play about with employment numbers.

Think of all the school leavers and graduates every year then the amount of Jobs created every year, it just doesn't make sense even if you throw in retirees into the question.

They did a programme on foreign workers here in the UK, they went to local farms offering picking work, the entire work force was Polish, but before either side jump, the work was made available in the Job Centre's and the wage was above average, when the programme interviewed the locals all of them bar one simply refused to do the work because it was "too hard" and they "had to get up early", the one British guy that did take a job left after a week because he could not keep up with the Poles and found it too hard.

I'm curious, what were they picking to make it profitable to pay them a decent wage? I really want to get into agriculture/horticulture myself so I would have jumped at the chance to atleast try to get some experiance other than the gardening I already do.

I've been on the Job Centre courses with the older people who feel there's nothing out there for them and in most cases they are right 100% but when things turn up they at least try, these young cretins won't even bother, they refuse to do the courses or go for one day and go home, its a huge joke to them.

I apologize for my age group
but while I have been on these courses (maybe just my area) elder generations have acted the same just nowhere near as many. Fact is though if these young ones are missing these courses they will miss 1 month of benefit first time 3 month second and 6 the third I believe, this is a part of the system that is technically working and forcing people to make moves. It does not work on those who's parents will pay for them or those who are involved in illegal activities though.
Notice I said make moves
because people have been commiting suicide because of the effects of these changes the last year.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I don't deny there's a few bad eggs, there always will be, and in my opinion there always should be because it proves we are still free!
But the numbers do not add up. There really is not enough jobs!
Suppose you as a hard working individual, trying to get on in life, are standing in the queue for a job vacancy and the oik in front of you (who doesn't want to work) gets the job, how are you going to feel?

They are a very small minority, but television (as you state in your post) makes it out to be the majority.
Let them be I say, that way those who want to work have a little more chance of actually finding a job.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

First a quick reply to Ray1990, they were picking seasonal produce, nothing wonderful..

A job brits had done for hundreds of years but suddenly most found it beneath them or too hard, sorry but in my book a job is a job, that's how I approached the notion as did most before me.

As to you Void, I'm not just basing off media info, to do so would be stupid and daft, I'm mainly going from what I see here on my estate and what I have seen elsewhere in the last 10 years.

The elders have a sense of work and get go while the young for the most part shun the idea of hard work or any work in a lot of cases.

Its not a tar them all judgement, just what I see with my own eyes, its saddens and annoys that the youth have lost the sense of self improvement because of rubbish they read on the Internet, they forget or don't understand that there are factions out there looking to destabilise society, while 'Big Brother' may well come true I don't think its quite there yet.

While I agree people should feel free I don't believe people have the right to shirk the responsibility of taking care of themselves, these youth actually believe they are owed something yet have contributed nothing. I'm all for a caring society but to get care I believe you must be willing to care for others.

Any way, this was just meant to be a rant rather than a full blown thread, I thank all for their opinions, that's what ATS should be about, no one is fully right, we all are in degree's I guess.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join