It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay me for doing nothing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is what I have just spent 30 mins arguing with a muppet about.

He does not want to work and wishes to sit on benefits because he says he's free thinking and refuses to be a slave to the system, his words.

Apparently I am 'pathetic' and part of the 'hive mentality' and a 'bitch to the system' because I have worked all my life until I almost killed myself from work. Apparently I'm just driven by money.

I simply could not get the young man to realise that his wonderful system had a huge problem, if we all agreed it was fine then no one would work and there would be no money for the benefits system to pay out. Now call me old fashioned but I chose to work, I hated the dole, I lasted 6 weeks on it when I left school because I was bored stupid and wanted to buy and pay my way.

My mother was too ill to work so it also meant she had a better lifestyle but apparently that's being a slave to the system.

I'm failing to understand the youth these days, its any old excuse not to work and I hate this new age crap they keep pulling out. Its both illogical and arrogant to expect the tax payer to fund their lazy lifestyle. Whilst I understand work isn't exactly flowing these days I just see these types not even bothering to look for it, they seem to want to spend their time drunk and or drugged up while Mr & Mrs (Ms) tax payer fund that life choice.

They simply refuse to admit its not sustainable and totally unrealistic, instead they endlessly quote other new age types that believe they are bucking the system yet also fail to see that by taking benefits they are as much a bitch to the system as the workers.

Am I the only one who think they are lazy arse losers making no dent against the 'oppressive system' they so hate. I chose to work, I was never cajoled into it, I wanted to better myself and learn as much as possible, I wanted to be as literate as I could be with the poor brains I had.

I simply fail to see the appeal of a life style of dossing about, doing drugs and living like a tramp, its not for me, and considering the people of this planet who actually have it forced upon them with ZERO handouts and have to live in filth and degradation it shocks me that someone thinks its appropriate to almost make fun of these by refusing to fend for themselves and expect others to.

Am I just an old fart in the wrong time?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yuh, why bother anymore.

I'm done.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i have been on benefits now for 7 years approx i had to come out of work when my wife was taken ill she has been on disability benefits for the duration and im classed as her carer for the first year it wasn't too bad but eventually it got quite boring i am now 49 yrs old and worried sick if we lose this benefit as i worried i wont be able to get a job i want to go back to work im so bored it really is doing my head in our life is going nowhere and i don't see any future this is what the benefit system has done to me i totally rely on it now i want out of it but i know i will be worst of than i currently am we have three children youngest is 3 yrs old im embarrassed when im asked what i do for a living i don't like to tell people im in benefits i feel trapped so i advise anyone get out of this trap whilst your still young it only makes you feel worthless i want to be my own person and support my family with my own money that i have earned with my hard work

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I feel your pain, but image having a guy like that actually work with you, the partying, all of that. Except that because he is the owners son, he actually gets paid, TO SLEEP!!!!!!
I've actually taken several pics on my phone of him sleeping at his desk!
It's awesome, the mentality many of these "kids" have. He's 27.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I completely understand good luck too you all the best,

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I posted to a thread about "Punk Kids" just the other day.

I said "I have NOT seen a punk kid do a hard 'Honest' days work in YEARS. They are Typically good at Avoiding work."

And wouldn't ya know it, I had people telling me that they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. They know plenty of kids and NONE of them are like that. And they then followed that up with, .. "It's Not Them, .. It's You"

LOL

I got a hell of a laugh out of that.

Talk about a Blind / Sheltered Society. How can ANY one not see what this generations kids have become.

It is absolutely PATHETIC.

They Lack Motivation. They Lack Gumption, They Lack a FUNDAMENTAL "Get 'Er Done" attitude.

They have a sense of entitlement and are looking for handouts from any direction.

I even tried to do my part and help a couple of kids out. And ya know what? They have NO Appreciation what-so-ever. There was a sense like it was EXPECTED of me. That is when I Nixed the hand outs. Talk about disappointment. The reaction is quite hilarious when you tell them that you just cut off the meal ticket.

It seems like it is going to take a HUGE commitment on the behalf of parents everywhere to Re-Educated the Pillars of OUR community.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If someone honestly cant find work, lets be honest it is a growing problem, then I don't see an issue with social safety nets.

For one to openly admit they are too lazy to work though.........

I applaud you for not rapping the punk on the head, I don't know if I could have controlled myself so well.

You were right, he is a leach, and as such, needs to be removed from the host.

Let the loser starve a couple of days, then see if he still has the same attitude.
edit on 15-4-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I see this sort of thing all the time here in WV. If you don't mind I'd like to rant with you.

One example, a 25 year old male that I know, mentally and physically capable of working has never had a job in his life and receives food stamps. His goal in life is to be a successful drug dealer.

Another, 20 years ago, this fellow got drunk and wrecked a company truck over the weekend. Come Monday he overheard his supervisor telling another employee that he was getting fired. Before they had a chance to fire him, he went out into the parking lot laid down and acted like something was wrong with his back. He has been living off of the government since. He gets a huge amount of pain pills that he turns around and sells to others. When he goes to the doctors he never leaves without his cane, but has no trouble pulling his kayak out of the river.

I could go on and on! Something I have noticed is this type of lifestyle seems to be handed down through generations. They hand down all the information, what to say and how to act to receive the "entitlements".

Grrrrrr!

Pladuim

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The kid may be right if he will be earning a crap wage and on top of that be taxed unitil infinity.
If I weren't retired I wouldn't work either, no use in paying into someone else's ponzy scheme.
Plus , I look horrible in a polo shirt and khaki pants.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am a working single mom raising two teens so I get where your post is coming from but I see the other side of it as well. I'm frustrated working my ass off for a pension that might not even be there when I go to retire when I'm good and old and too sore and tired to enjoy it, oh yippey skippey! Call me Dorey and I'll just keep swimming.

Hard work and enterprise does not grant you a promised ticket to financial freedom in a corporate infested world where the small guy is squeezed out and those with connections help those with connections. What is money anyway? Why can't people freely learn and then do what interests them as a benefit to society? Why do we have to pay for education? Why do we have to pay for heat and electricity? Who gives one person or entity the right to own the land while others are homeless? These are the questions the youth of today are asking and they are absolutely becoming apathetic to a system that clearly doesn't work for the majority.

I can't blame them for that, everyday going to work it's a constant reminder that I'm feeding the corporate beast that's consuming me. Talk about a mind#uck and a half. This system is going to fail, like systems before it, I wish 3 generations before me had thought about this stuff, I wish the generation that sold us all out to the banking cartel had thought about this stuff. Don't even get me started on 'royal' families and their assets. It's disgusting how people starve to death while others feast and people look at anyone who's woken up to this fact as lazy, losers, be a good slave and get back to the barn and till the soil! I've had conversations with people and watched their eyes glaze over as if I'm suddenly speaking like Charlie Brown's teacher and they cannot grasp what I'm saying.

I find that extremely frustrating. How a person can be content to be a bitch as you said to the system and not even recognize that they are. It's like watching someone stick their fingers in their ears and childishly say I can't hear you while humming over you. Makes me want to bitchslap them upside the head and say wake up! You spent your entire life lining the pockets of those above you to etch out some semblance of 'happiness' and 'prosperity' like gathering crumbs off their table and thankfully eating them up and thanking them for it, then doing their dishes for them.

I find that equally hard to understand. I am totally aware I'm being screwed and am trying to sort out some way out of it, unlike those who've given up if you will, aka the lazy ones but versus those who contently are blabbing about the latest Iphone app they used their credit card to purchase. It's like the entire world thinks it's show and tell day at kindergarten and hasn't gotten to lesson 2 the school book of 'it's not what toys you have but how you play with others that counts' yet! Arrrggghhh!!! Sometimes I feel like screaming to everyone around me, wake the F### up!

This system is not working, it's not sustainable and like idiotic sytems in the past it will fail and who knows maybe kids like mister lazy pants will be the ones who have educated themselves on better systems and lead the way when it all comes crashing down? All I know is the worse thing to me it seems is to be wide awake in a world full of happy sleepers. Perhaps we are all before our time.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
He is completely right. As long as sheep like you and me keep the system going there will not be a change and the unequal system will continue. It does not matter how much you moan and judge him as a slackoff for not compromising and seeing the crap for what it is. You feel for the illusion and have wasted your life for your overlords as a slave. Get over it. The only reason I go to work is because it is somewhat stimulating my mind with it's complexity. If I had a boring job now days then I would have left directly.

Make a new deal without parastism and greed where everybody get what they deserve for what they put in and not the overparasitic financial sector that do not create anything but only steal resources from us all.

If enought people do this then we might break the system and finally get something that works both socially, enviromentally and morally.

The waste on wars for resources are insane and the people who push this (both politicians and corporations) are on all sides traitors to humanity. Humanity have become a sick joke of what it should be.

So much waste of time on unimportant things. So little real research into real science without corporations manipulating the truth. If this planet worked efficiently then what we produce could probably be done in 8 hours per week if every person worked their share without all the bureaucracy with food/clothes and shelter for all.
edit on 15-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Many thanks for all the replies especially to the lovely sweetstuff, sorry I'm old fashioned and like to compliment a pretty lady

I worked my backside off and in the end broke my body so currently can't work, when I did though I gave 150%, the idea of just sitting around day in day out doing nothing just simply bored me, we had holidays which were nice but getting back to work and putting money to one side was a pleasure.

I truly understand how hard it is for those especially single parents to live on benefits or even harder to work and support the kids, its a nightmare and must feel like you are banging your head off a brick wall with the non support from companies to those with kids. Yes, you must feel like a slave to the system but there's the other side where as a parent you feel duty bound to do the best you can for the children.

For those like me who live off the benefits system I feel sorry, despite popular media culture those actually living solely on benefits do NOT live a life of luxury, the money isn't great BUT its a darn sight better than nothing at all.

I simply can't understand the mind set of not wanting to work and living off others hard work, I feel ashamed that I have to do it, I feel a failure and spend many nights telling myself that if only I had done things differently, these punk kids simply believe its their right to just do nothing and get paid.

The one I spoke to was poorly educated, his spelling and grammar were appalling, I don't say this as a mockery of him, I say it because he clearly can't be bothered to improve himself, something I can't get to grips with. He can't be bothered to learn because it would make him a slave to the system according to him?

He's completely missing the point, you learn because you have a brain, it demands to be fed and thrives on learning, to sit and not use it is simply a waste of evolution. Not every one is cut out to be a Nasa scientist but the point is that its just logical you learn to the best of your ability, you owe that to yourself and the people who put faith and trust in you.

As said, there's a clear lack of gumption in these kids, it just astounds me that they will happily lead a life of crime or just sit puffing weed all day, what ever they do they do at the expense of someone else, they rob, deal, engage in thug like violence or simply just 'chill'. I don't say its all youth, I still see kids on my estate who go to college or work happily but they are in a minority these days, they use the old excuse that they come from a council estate so no one will want them.....Its BS.

My wife and I were genuinely told that educating our daughter was a waste of time because she was from an estate now, we were gob smacked, the simple follow the rest of the sheep mentality was astounding, we have always put everything in to helping our daughter be the best she can be, she's not spoilt, does not swear, is in top class for all her subjects and you could not meet a more sweet 13yr old and none of this has been done by force or shouting, its been done by support and help.

What is more important is that she has respect for herself and great morals, I have high hopes for this girl from an estate.

I simply can't understand this conspiracy these kids get attached to that allows them to think doing no work is fighting the system while of course taking from this 'system' to live on. They spout rubbish about the illuminati which they have gleaned from similar minded web sites, they believe these web sites that tell them to fight paying the UK TV license or from paying taxes etc, they don't give a thought to the maths that pays their benefits.

If they actually used their heads and thought about all this Bilderberger / illuminati stuff they would realise that according to what they have learnt they by not bothering would be doing the illuminti's willing. Is there a New World order, probably but these kids using it to sit on their arse doing nothing is a mere excuse to be lazy.

Kids these days demand respect, they should be made to understand respect is earned..Period.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
He is completely right. As long as sheep like you and me keep the system going there will not be a change and the unequal system will continue. It does not matter how much you moan and judge him as a slackoff for not compromising and seeing the crap for what it is. You feel for the illusion and have wasted your life for your overlords as a slave. Get over it. The only reason I go to work is because it is somewhat stimulating my mind with it's complexity. If I had a boring job now days then I would have left directly.

Make a new deal without parastism and greed where everybody get what they deserve for what they put in and not the overparasitic financial sector that do not create anything but only steal resources from us all.

If enought people do this then we might break the system and finally get something that works both socially, enviromentally and morally.

The waste on wars for resources are insane and the people who push this (both politicians and corporations) are on all sides traitors to humanity. Humanity have become a sick joke of what it should be.

So much waste of time on unimportant things. So little real research into real science without corporations manipulating the truth. If this planet worked efficiently then what we produce could probably be done in 8 hours per week if every person worked their share without all the bureaucracy with food/clothes and shelter for all.
edit on 15-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

Well said

I am going to go out on a limb here and mention that I am one of those "slackers" and to be honest it is not anything it is cracked up to be.

I'm 22 and the most payed work I have had is about 2-3 month, nothing permament and always crappy agencies.
I have tried to play the system by the rules and it is getting me nowhere fast, silly work programs, education and over the last year a pretty much full-time voluntery job.

The money that goes to benefits, those deserving and those who are not is absolute pennies compared to what the UK government wastes on it's stupid schemes, bail-outs and policies. This world is a hypocrytical cesspit and in reality people need to wake up and see how much sh#t we are wading in... we are right up to our necks in it.

Trust me when I say that if anyone is living well off benefits, they are either very clever or doing some illegal activities on the side. Also we have slackers every generation nothing will change that, some traits are passed onto kids also but the majority want to do something productive. It is debilitating when you want to work (for money) and it is just not happening, you cannot blame people for being totally sick of the system and way of life it provides us when they have suffered this problem.

If I was born 40 years ago in the area I live I could of walked out of a job and found another the same day, leave school at 16 and start an apprenticeship the following Monday... My point is this country produces nothing compared to what it did say 40 years ago yet we have a much bigger population

Sorry for the rant but I don't like being painted with the same brush as every other benefit claimer... maybe we need some more brushes eh?

edit on 16-4-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
He's correct and you've missed the point. "his system" doesn't have to work, THIS system has to collapse. And then, if we have a fair one, working will indeed be a good and necessary thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am not tarring all benefit people as the same, I was actually quite detailed in the type of person I meant, that is people who simply REFUSE to work, not people who get pissed around by the system, just folks who want to lay back and demand the money rolls in to their pocket while doing NOTHING.

I can't stand the way the UK government treats the poor and sick, I've had nothing but severe hassle of our DWP (Benefits agency) and ATOS (a firm paid to do assessments and deliberately fail them no matter how sick they are).

It got to the point I threatened to take them to court and won my case but many thousands get treated like dirt.

I also find it disgusting that the young are being used as free temp staff by the big supermarkets, they give the impression of jobs at the end but there never is, they just use the people to do nasty little jobs, HOWEVER if someone is simply not trying to seek work I feel they should be made to do something to earn their money, cleaning graffiti or some such.

Those proving they are actively seeking work should be allowed to keep looking and helped.

Again, people who purely sit and expect free cash while making zero effort or simply refusing to find work totally annoy me, I was called a 'robot' because I was part of this daft lads idea of slaves but in the end its all about money, decency and self protection. Money is earned unless you are a lucky lottery winner or born into money, the dream of the young man or woman should be to better themselves or at least try to, this lazy slacker attitude I've seen displayed just flies in the face of our evolution.

So to those trying to find work and finding it hard, my heart goes out to you, the same goes for those in work and struggling because our governments abuse the low income people and the poor and sick but to those who feel its their right to sit on your arse, demand job seekers or equivalent and then refuse to work, I spit your way.

Then again I guess society is being dumbed down, I was alarmed to see for sale pre cooked toast?

Are we really THAT lazy?
edit on 16-4-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

They pay taxes too! If you was really worried about your(not your) tax money you'd revolt! Btw it's not american money.

So this whole my ours money thing is b/s!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Benefits should be a hand up, not a hand out. I've been out of work for periods over the years, and glad to have them there when I needed them, but I was always striving to quickly get back to work (and did, as soon as I could find something decent). When not working, I did home projects and still "worked" though not for pay.

This whole entitlement generation just sucks.

We'll see on my stepson. He just turned 18, and of course, we took him in, because we'll always have a place for my wife's son or daughter (previous marriage). I think he's anxious to find a job, but even still, I doubt he realizes how lucky he is to have a roof over his head, food in his belly, a nice room, etc, for free. Time will tell of course. He's a quiet kid, but seems to have a good head on his shoulders. And, he does help with chores around the ranch.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm 30 years old. I walked into the unemployment office 1 time. Saw the people who abuse the system and turned my white behind around and left as fast as I arrived. I was raised to work to provide a future for myself and now my family.

I feel your pain. Honestly, I blame the parents who produce these children. If the parents would be better informed. Talk to them, and the occasional slap over the head for lack of better ways to stay T&C friendly we wouldn't have these prodical derelict youth thinking the way they are.

That being said, I will not procure a child to the aptitude you have experianced and GOD DOES EXIST he's down the hall 2nd door on the right.

In Jesus name Amen~

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am on Medicaid and food assistance. I am also 7 mths pregnant and that is the only reason I am on benefits. I have never in my life needed assistance but I lost my job because I was pregnant. Ignorant male for a boss who obviously has no clue about pregnancy yet felt the need to tell me what to do. Basically he wanted me to ignore my doctors orders. My pregnancy did not in any way affect my job.

Anyway....I am happy for these benefits. They have really helped me and once I have my child I will be done with them. We have one income in my house where we had two and mine was small but it helped, every bit helped. I don't like being on assistance because I get the looks and stereo typical comments that "im just lazy" which is far from the truth. I am BORED TO DEATH not working. I have worked since I was 14yrs old so not working is really hard for me. I don't like losing that sense of independency. I know that eventually I will be able to go back to work and then someone else can get the help they need.

I too don't get the youth of today. I know a few with this attitude and i just want to smack them into reality. I was taught you work for what you want and well if that makes me a slave to the system then so be it. I like earning my own way so right now relying on my fiancee and assistance bothers me more than anyone could know. Those who know me though know how much it bothers me but again I am thankful for the help I have received.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No problem

My rant was not aimed at you I was just putting it out there, I know the type of people you mention well and it has been happening for atleast 3 generations that I know of each one with it's own excuses.
This newer (my) generation though for some reason is the worst and those who claim to be enlightened or some other nonsense like that haven't got a clue, they may think they are bright and clever but in reality they are part of the problem. Idiots should learn a bit about Ghandi and how you get a message across using non-participation, quite the excuse to use when your claiming from the system you are supposed to be fighting.

The biggest problem in society and the youth of today is a lack of morality, it's everywhere you look people acting in ways what would have got the a slap or even killed 50 years ago the fact is though the youth learn from the old.

That is not to say decent people are no longer being born, on the contrary amazing people from all age groups exist, what can be said is one too many people are taking advantage of the finger buffet... most people will try to take more than they should if given half a chance.
Each generation has had the morales and ideals washed out of them little by little... suppose it's our inheritance really
, I dread to think what kind of a world and society I'll be passing onto any kids I have.

Then again I guess society is being dumbed down, I was alarmed to see for sale pre cooked toast?

That is some crazy stuff right their
almost as bad as that Candwich idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join