It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the Whining begin.... the (un-official) Official one last complain of the election thread...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Since Senator Kerry has called president Bush and conceded the election, it's that time..

all the excuse making, name calling and general whining should begin, actually has begun already here in my office...

Sen. Kerry supporting co-worker of mine, stands up and says "yeah that's nice, while Bush is celebrating today, our service men are still dying and he doesn't care"....

why, oh why can't people just accept things and move on ?

so ATS folks, please feel free to use this thread for one last Bush Bash and whining session....

[edit on 3-11-2004 by elevatedone]

[edit on 3-11-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
ED,

The whinning will take place in one of these forms:

1) The American voter is uninformed. (this is my favorite one. Just because America went to the polls and voted Bush back in, and I don't like that, you all are uninformed)

2) Bush Stole the election. Favorite of the democrats. Look to "disinfranchised voters, barred polls etc. Forgetting that the Evoting machines in Philly had alot of pre programmed votes etc.

3) Its not yet over. They are still counting in Ohio.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
what... no one complaining yet...

yelling "they cheated".... 4 more years of this and that...

Can't we all just get along..

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Agreed FredT.
Btw, I'm wondering if the value of the Kleenex stocks will increase...?

seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Sen. Kerry supporting co-worker of mine, stands up and says "yeah that's nice, while Bush is celebrating today, our service men are still dying and he doesn't care"....

why, oh why can't people just accept things and move on ?

Well you see, some people apparently have trouble accepting the unnecessary death of americans under uncaring president and just moving on without noticing. That would be my guess.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why bother pondering the how or the why of this mess? The fact is its sealed up, and we are now in the hands of a man who only knows how to make war. Its going to be a bloody 4 years, maybe more depending on how things go. We may have hit a high-point in the elections this year as far as turnout, but next time I think will be one of the lowest turnouts in history, because people will still be smarting from the results of this one. And lets be honest, counting in Ohio may as well stop, its not going to favory Kerry. His number crunches have obviously looked it over and come to the conclusion that its hopless.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
they cheated! yeah... um, because I saw this page online where somebody said they had money so they could do that...
so they must have because otherwise he would have the popular vote too! oh, wait... darn

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
see what happened??

You voted lesser of two evil's, you still got evil....
It's not a legitimate strategy.

I'll be keeping track of Bush for the next four years to see if our prophecies have come true.

but I gotta tell ya, i'm scared, and i'm disappointed, and i'm really feeling apathetic right now... I'll be fine in a few days but right now it's going to be a gloomy couple of days... And it's going to suck even more because my husband is going to be gloating and name calling like a little #ing kid...

I'll just have to stock up on beer to help pass the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
...so ATS folks, please feel free to use this thread for one last Bush Bash and whining session....

?????? one last Bash at Bush? ?????????

You just voted for four more years of Bush Bashing!!!!!

So suck it up and get ready for an extended marathon of Bush Bashing!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
ED,

1) The American voter is uninformed. (this is my favorite one. Just because America went to the polls and voted Bush back in, and I don't like that, you all are uninformed)

2) Bush Stole the election. Favorite of the democrats. Look to "disinfranchised voters, barred polls etc. Forgetting that the Evoting machines in Philly had alot of pre programmed votes etc.

Um, no, I think the real "whining" will be another year or so down the road when America's drafted sons & daughters come back to the US in bodybags because of your President's inability to communicate with other countries.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
dont blame me!

I voted Libertarian

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It was a good race, I guess the people picked who they wanted to win. congrates.

I just dont want to hear the cring when things go wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Well you see, some people apparently have trouble accepting the unnecessary death of americans under uncaring president and just moving on without noticing. That would be my guess.

Well, if I see it correctly, about 54,017,605 don't have a problem with an "uncaring" president.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, like many other Kerry proponents, I am disappointed. I will not, however, grouse and complain about having been robbed, cheated or other such nonsense.
Although I disagree with most stands Bush takes, I will continue to support our troops and will continue to fly the American flag in my front yard. I am in a position to either whine and bitch about the condition of our country or to try to do something to make it a better place where I am. I will donate blood, do some volunteer work, mow my neighbor�s lawn and be a mature adult about the whole situation. Kerry would have made a difference, but not enough to create the utopia that many hope for.
While I may not agree with Bush, the majority of my country did, therefore, I must adapt to this or set up camp in the mountains for the next 4 years. My choice. I choose to take the loss like a man and get on with life.
On a side note, I am ecstatic that I will not have to listen to blathering ugly campaign messages littering the airwaves and editorials of newspapers for a little while.

I have grown tired of the ugly political focus that this event has brought to ATS.
Let's get on with life. I am looking forward to hysterical posts about people with aliens scratching at their windows.

Peace,
BG

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The way I look at it is that this war in Iraq happened AFTER the american voter put Bush in. Reelecting him says to the world, "We approve of this type of international policy." Look for even more anti-American attitude from the world, as the people have spoken on this matter.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

Originally posted by FredT
ED,

Um, no, I think the real "whining" will be another year or so down the road when America's drafted sons & daughters come back to the US in bodybags because of your President's inability to communicate with other countries.

Well said!

But I would imagine a resistance against a draft larger than what was seen in Vietnam.. probably even civil unrest. But then you would have the people "well we are Americans, so we do everything right because we are Americans

I don't feel sorry for US Soldiers coming back in bodybags.. the only people I do feel empahy for are the iraqi civilians and the families of those soldiers.

Basically if you attack a foreign nation.. expect to be resisted by the people living there. I don't feel sorry for the Americans that are killed over there.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Not one single republican will have room to comalin when their son or daughter gets shipped home in a bag, because THEY picked that fate for thier children, and many others as well. When some terrorist blows away a chunk of our people on HOME soil, they can thank Bush for it, when a former ally turns against us and starts starfing our ships and bombing our bases, we can again thank Bush. So lets all give him a hearty kiss on the arse for being such an effective war monger!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Not one single republican will have room to comalin when their son or daughter gets shipped home in a bag, because THEY picked that fate for thier children, and many others as well. When some terrorist blows away a chunk of our people on HOME soil, they can thank Bush for it, when a former ally turns against us and starts starfing our ships and bombing our bases, we can again thank Bush. So lets all give him a hearty kiss on the arse for being such an effective war monger!

That's exactly the way I see it too.

The sheeple who voted for Bush are wholly responsible for whatever happens to EVERYONE because of their pretty much single issue votes. The same would of course have been said if Kerry would have been elected. What we vote for makes the outcome of that vote our personal responsibility whether we accept that truth or not.

Therefore, war issues aside. Those who voted for Bush will ALSO be responsible when 4 years from now the homeless and unemployment rates are a gazillion times what they are now. And when the rich finally DO have everything while the majority have even less then they have today that is also on their heads.

new topics

top topics

join