It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female NYPD cop kills boyfriend, toddler in Brooklyn before killing self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Female NYPD cop kills boyfriend, toddler in Brooklyn before killing self: police Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

www.nydailynews.com

A female cop shot her boyfriend and 1-year-old child to death before turning the gun on herself in Brooklyn, police said.
The three bodies were found Monday morning at a home on E. 56th St. in East Flatbush.
The officer was believed to be 43-years-old and on the job in Queens since 2000. The boyfriend was estimated to be between 30 and 40.
Police were investigating.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-4-2013 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't know what to say right now, another tragic event caused by a gun. I know when the media get's a whiff of a story that gets hits, or if it's on their agenda. We will start seeing more and more of these "gun" stories doing murders, suicide, ECT.

Until the government registers or takes away our, guns and/or rights to own guns.

www.nydailynews.com

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

I don't know what to say right now, another tragic event caused by a gun. I know when the media get's a whiff of a story that gets hits, or if it's on their agenda. We will start seeing more and more of these "gun" stories doing murders, suicide, ECT.

Until the government registers or takes away our, guns and/or rights to own guns.

www.nydailynews.com

Well....this is a bit different. This is someone who even under new gun laws would actually still have a gun. Again....guns don't kill people....crazy people with guns kill people.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well I guess we can not trust the police with guns eithers in this time and age or the background checks do not work when it comes to whom are those to become crazy after they pass their medical checks when joining the police.

America when very soon only criminals will be able to own guns.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by KingJod

Unless the agenda is to ban guns from cops too, then I don't think so.

Of course questions are now raised about screening officers for instability, continually, as policing is a tough job that exposes officers to the crap of society and we don't know if an officer is losing grip on reality as time goes on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What more proof do we need?

Law enforcement officers must not be allowed to have guns!!!

No wait, it was a female officer.

Women must not be allowed to own guns.

There, I fixed it.

Whoops, that won't do, will it?
How about this....

No guns in Flatbush!

edit on 15-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The lone survivor in the apparent murder-suicide was the woman’s 19-year-old son from a previous relationship. He escaped from a back window and called police. He fled the apartment wearing only a pair of blue boxers and a windbreaker, witnesses said.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

they'll use knives, rocks, sharp objects, fists etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Death by gun is so effort free and quick compared to other methods of murder. Guns allow for a single action (pulling a trigger) death from a distance rather than up close and in physical contact with the victim.

It does make you wonder if she would have still done it if she had to stab or choke the life from the ones she once loved.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Ironically he may have been wanting to break up with her due to some anger and violence issues......

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

I don't know what to say right now, another tragic event caused by a gun.

Caused by a gun? Or caused by a crazy psychotic mentally imbalanced troubled woman who should have been on meds and not had access to guns? Take away the gun, she could of still slic3ed the husband's throat with a box cutter or sharpened steak knife.

As long as there is human nature, there will be Blood, guns or no guns.

Guns themselves are inherently neutral. It's who's behind the trigger we need to be weary of

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

to be blunt - the " gun element " to this tail is irrelevant - because IMHO by the time a woman has decided that it " makes sense " to slot her own baby and lover then take the 9mm retirment plan - if she had no firearms she would have smothered the baby , stabbed her lover then washed a bottle of barbituates down with a litre of vodka

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is a tragedy for sure, but you can't legislate crazy no matter how hard you try, when people grandstand and use incidents like this to push an agenda of one sort or another it just shows them for the true scum they are.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Once again, It Is Not About Guns, it's about mental illness. Millions of us own guns and would no more think of shooting our loved ones [ or anyone else ] than set ourselves on fire. But, this woman, doing a difficult job, dealing with the scum of society daily, went over the edge. The anti gun crowd will use this as another example of the need to ban guns. No, it's an example of the need for monitoring police and their stress levels. How many vids have we seen of cops going off for no reason at a traffic stop? Too many.

new topics

top topics

join