It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember "DHS INSIDER" - He said watch the metals, it is the start! - GOLD Slammed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Weird, everything I have read online for several years pointed to this rapid decline and the inflationary rise as well as unemployment rates as jobs were outsourced, bailouts, golden parachutes and all, however if that was right, then this is going to signal a massive sell off and then an over night rise to amounts no body will be able to buy afterwards.

Just sit tight and hang on.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Previous historical market action does not support it just exploding overnight. It would have to rebound from a spike low and then quasi-retest towards but hold above the low, build a base and then start grinding higher again. But if it could do that over the next two years and then close over $35 in silver and $1800 in gold we could quickly retest the highs from there.
edit on 15-4-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bronto

Dent also predicted that we would at least retest the highs ($1920+) first and maybe even to to $2000 - then start the bear move to $750. Personally, I dont see how it could get < $850 (the 1980 high)....it will even be difficult to get it to break $1000.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The smart thing to do is to not have any money. Then they can't take it.

ok, I jest a bit. I always have thought that land was the only sure investment. I've posted so many times on here that gold is a commodity just like others than can crash and is currently artificially inflated. A true value for anything is it's opportunity cost. Gold and other metals are not excluded from this. Just basic economics. :
edit on 15-4-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

I'll give him "step 1", but its really meaningless unless and until followed up with something. I've been ridiculing the "$5,000/oz Gold" people for years now, and simply waiting for gold and silver to come back down to more like $1,200 oz Au and $15/oz Ag before even considering purchasing again.

The folks who think its just going to keep going up because the debt keeps rising (for example, all the swindlers advertising on the radio), don't understand macroeconomics whatsoever, and actually seem to think that the debt number by itself, regardless of GDP, means anything whatsoever. Further, they have clearly not done any research of historical PM prices, as they relate to deficits/debt.

What i'm getting at is, anyone with a shred of knowledge of how things work has been expecting a precious metals drop for some time now. They only surprise has been how long the bubble has lasted.

Now I'm not saying this invalidates "DHS Insider", just that this tidbit didn't require much more than a passing interest in economics and precious metals to predict.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nice thread, a lot of good stuff here. You guys know a lot more about it than I do, maybe I can offer a decent outsiders perspective.

It makes a lot of sense that the PM markets are in a bubble, that must eventually pop. The markets are over loaded with speculation, and this could be the sign that the big collapse is about to happen. The FR kept things from popping back in 08, but odds are that they only delayed things.

In the end however, holding on to PM as it drops is probably the smart thing to do, because if it all blows up, anyone with anything of real worth will still have money.

edit on 16-4-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
As I understand it, Georgy Schwartz had planned to dump his holdings of gold on the market at high prices and then buy it low again.
This isn't the first time he has manipulated a currency. I also posted this probably a month or two ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Nothing about the manner of this 'DHS' guy reads anything like a mature, educated intelligence official. It sounds like it was written by someone on this forum (no offence).

Look at the language being used:

Obamacare
Sheriff Bob
Rush and Hannity
(they will make it illegal to say )Obama is the anti-Christ
Cloward-Piven. Alinsky. Marx. All rolled into one
Big boy steps
Ayers and Dohrn are having the times of their lives
Think about the birth certificate
The Weather Underground has been reborn

Since when did people who speak like that get access to top secret information?

edit on 16-4-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

The "Ancient Aliens" series is total disinfo propaganda. Notice it is made by "Prometheus Productions" and is part of this whole "Watchers" Bible story that is currently being promoted. The Dead Sea Scrolls were found after the creation of Israel between 1946 and 1956, so the Book of Giants, etc. cannot be relied on as credible sources. It all looks to me like pro-Marxist, pro-atheist BS.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
thanks OP for reminding us to this.

As with most insider stories kinda sceptical over what they say, however this morning when i woke up i turned on the news still semi asleep the first thing i hear is that the gold prices dropped. This got my attention as i knew i had read this somewhere and thnx to you OP i remember where from.

lets see what happens next sometimes to give someone a bit of credit you let them predict a tiny thing which is going to happen to get everybodies trust and then just take it the other way so nobody expects whats comming next.
Something to keep our eyes on.

namaste.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rottensociety

Well, how about some other sources on the subject?

The Global Anti-Trust Action Committee says it can be done and the process isn't as expensive as the other video I posted makes it out to be:

According to Pidasso, using proton borrowing and high-quality varnishes, the lab will be able to manufacture about 1,500 metric tonnes of gold per year, which, he predicted, might indefinitely fill what is estimated to be the gap between annual world gold demand and mine and scrap supply.

Or how about Chemestry Explained's article on chemical transmutation?

With the development of nuclear reactors and charged particle accelerators (commonly referred to as "atom smashers") over the second half of the twentieth century, the transmutation of one element into another has become commonplace. In fact some two dozen synthetic elements with atomic numbers higher than naturally occurring uranium have been produced by nuclear transmutation reactions. Thus, in principle, it is possible to achieve the alchemist's dream of transmuting lead into gold, but the cost of production via nuclear transmutation reactions would far exceed the value of the gold.

In the above quote, they state this practice has become commonplace but the last line in particular, they lead us to believe that the cost of nuclear alchemy is expensive, but is it really? IF The reactor owners were to use this process, it would definitely benefit them.

Popular Science wrote in March, 1948:

AT Oak Ridge, Tenn., the United States Atomic Energy Commission has gone into the business of manufacturing synthetic gold. The atomic pile is the Philosopher’s Stone, long sought by the ancient alchemists, which has the 24-carat touch. ...
Just as easily, they can manufacture gold of normal behavior, perfectly acceptable to the U. S. Treasury! It may not be the best way to get rich quick ”the raw material, as for radiogold, is platinum”

In 1948 they were doing this! However, we have now discovered that gold can be made with a variety of metals and the expense comes in the duration of time it takes for the process occupying the reactor. (Side note on the word radiogold: The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines the word as: ": radioactive gold; especially : an isotope of gold of mass number 198 ")

The fact is that the information is out there if you do your homework and has been for a long time... maybe referencing that video was flimsy evidence, but here we discovered that gold is nothing more than another chemical compound that can be manipulated into being...

It's not a matter of if they can, it's a matter of if they are

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Secrets? What secrets?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And to take your minds OFF
the Gold and metals crash...
lets blow people up !

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The reason being that gold is now trading very close to the total cost of production for the world’s biggest producers.

I have just read this article from Money Morning, which I hope you will find interesting.

This Price Cannot Last

Once you factor in the corporate costs, sustaining capital, royalties, exploration costs and the rest of it, the real costs are often double what they advertise.

The result is that the all-in costs for gold production at the world’s majors — not just the C1 costs they’d like you to believe — are closer to $1250 / ounce.

blu153.mail.live.com...=1802070711&fid=1&mid=98bd5519-a644-11e2-a78a-002264c20aa4&fv=1

Dr Alex Cowie
Editor, Diggers & Drillers

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by 727Sky
www.activistpost.com...

Saw tHis article by Paul Craig Roberts...Always a guy who says the sky will fall at any moment yet his take was rather interesting and made sense to me......
QUOTE:
I was the first to point out that the Federal Reserve was rigging all markets, not merely bond prices and interest rates, and that the Fed is rigging the bullion market in order to protect the US dollar’s exchange value, which is threatened by the Fed’s quantitative easing. With the Fed adding to the supply of dollars faster than the demand for dollars is increasing, the price or exchange value of the dollar is set up to fall.

The Fed used naked shorts in the paper gold market to offset the price effect of a rising demand for bullion possession. Short sales that drive down the price trigger stop-loss orders that automatically lead to individual sales of bullion holdings...END QUOTE

www.activistpost.com...

Premiums are rising right now, shortages in PMs are escalading and the price is dropping, welcome to Disneyland

Exactly.... and a soaring equities market, with industrial roofing to record levels... and falling commod prices... go figure. Disneyland indeed

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
OK, had a few days to absorb all this and sit back and think.

Thanks for the fantastic input in the thread, great reading!!!!

So, lets look at Gold. Why did the "insider" say watch the metals for the beginning? I might have some input for this call.

What would happen around the world if there was a Bond panic? I reckon that would be a pretty epic event and a good starting point for further doom. However this is not really "just an insider's" information, most financially savvy people know this I suppose.

What happens to Bonds when there is fear of inflation?
What makes it appear there could be inflation?
What has happened recently in Japan?

So, I reckon that the smash down in gold was to do with the massive Bond program the Japanese are embarking on. If Bonds wobble there and confidence goes then the rest of the world will follow, I think.

Look at the physical purchases in Japan after the smack down in Gold:

Nearby at Ginza SGC, a gold merchant, buyers had taken about 6 kg (13 lbs) of gold home by early afternoon on Tuesday. In one case, a 60-year-old man, who asked not to be identified, walked out of the store with 500 grams of gold for about 2.2 million yen ($22,500). At a special gold exhibit organized earlier this month at the Matsuzakaya department store, staff said that an 18-carat gold Buddhist bell used in a household altar to honor deceased relatives was selling well. It was priced at 4 million yen.
Source Reuters

"I actually think it's the beginning of the end…When you have 20 years of pro-cyclicality of thought manifesting itself in the way that it has in Japan…I am not naive enough to think I can predict the end of a 70-year debt super cycle with any kind of precision, but looking at the changes in the qualitative perception of the participants is something that I think is key to the situation and we saw a big change on Friday."
Source Street Insider

but what you can do is follow where I think the stresses are going to show in the marketplace, but more importantly, you have to get into the heads of the participants because they all have a collective sense of fatalism. When you do the quantitative analysis here, you know they are insolvent. Everyone who owns the bonds knows they are insolvent. It's a question of how long they can hang on.
Source Street Insider

So is the "insider" knowledgeable or is it just obvious this would happen to metals?

The question still remains.... Who bought these metals?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
bonds are already dead meat... the gold slam-down was partly ment to get JP Morgan back into the black with their massive naked shorts orchestrated by the Fed.& the PPT

but the smack down was also exacerbated by both Russia-India-China piling in to disrupt the Fed/PPT actions to remonetize JPM who is the biggest player in the naked-shorts of PMs meant to make the dollar stronger..

the Eastern bloc of BRICS nations used the Fed/PPT move to take metals to 30 year loss %...so that they might demand delivery of very cheap gold-silver to take away the perhaps last little bit of physical bullions the (fraudulent) COMEX might have on hand...

several analysts are of the mind that the COMEX is soon to be exposed as bankrupt---having nothing but paper IOUs instead of bullion in Its vaults...

Shanghai gold exchange will have most of the gold that was presumably in vaults of London & NY/Ft Knox
the great financial system crash is weeks or month away

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Gold and silver lease rates are stable below a half percent so there is no concern about supply.

www.goldpricess.com...

Gold is down to $1386 an ounce and that is almost 30% correction from the 2011 highs.

Stocks on the other hand are only down about 3% so far typical corrections are usually limited to 10% or 15%.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
indeed.... V who is the steve quayle insider might be the same person as the DHS Insider of this thread

i recall that the 'Golden Jackass' was the first analyst to say that April 2013 would be a major collapse in the financial system (that was back in Oct-Nov 2012)

i...in turn started buying silver coins at jan 2013, then added ammounts of silover in Feb-Mar-Apr

and will continue buying in May-Jun etc as availabilty allows--- the costs be dammed

the western PM markets are doomed. fraudulent-manipulated by criminals.... so i expect to be buying silver coins from dealers that have supply lines from Asia & Singapore. or Hong Kong.... not L
ndon or NY

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

I see it now. This is the 7th week and it all got started on Sunday with the heavy selling of the yellow metal. We are in Type 3 Round 2 Week 7.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join