It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto's Top Twelve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I ran across an interesting article on this website listing twelve products that monsanto has brought us :

gmo-awareness.com...

Most people here are aware what a downright evil corporation this is. There was some info in here that I was not aware of that others might find interesting as well. For decades they have produced dangerous cancer inducing products with no compassion or sense of ethics. They need to be shut down and everyone that works for them made to drink a bottle of Roundup.

Some of the main points of the article that I was not aware of follow.

Did you know Monsanto got started because of an artificial sweetener? John Francisco Queeny founded Monsanto Chemical Works in St. Louis, Missouri with the goal of producing saccharin for Coca-Cola. In stark contrast to its sweet beginnings, studies performed during the early 1970s,* including a study by the National Cancer Institute in 1980, showed that saccharin caused cancer in test rats and mice.

Two crops were recently genetically engineered to withstand a weedkiller made with one of the major components of Agent Orange, 2,4-D, in order to combat “super weeds” that evolved due to the excessive use of RoundUp.

Shortly after acquiring Thomas and Hochwalt Laboratories, Monsanto turned this division into their Central Research Department. Between 1943 to 1945, this department coordinated key production efforts of the Manhattan Project—including plutonium purification and production and, as part of the Manhattan Project’s Dayton Project, techniques to refine chemicals used as triggers for atomic weapons

An accidental discovery during research on gastrointestinal hormones resulted in a uniquely sweet chemical: aspartame. During the clinical trials conducted on 7 infant monkeys as part of aspartame’s application for FDA approval, 1 monkey died and 5 other monkeys had grand mal seizures—yet somehow aspartame was still approved by the FDA in 1974.

I found it particularly interesting they were involved with the Manhattan project. I had no idea they helped invent nukes as well.

join