It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Roy Blunt - The man behind the Monsanto Protection Act.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is a good one, a fat cat and a fat rat, it was a time when Americas government was for the people and by the people like the Constitution states, but right now they are for the corporations and by the corporations still tax payers pay their salaries, but big interest money makes then richer.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Monsanto employs seventeen thousand people. Don't those people have a right to collectively lobby their government?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

WOW! Yeah, it does!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I expect business as usual from our great two political parties in Washington. Divide and conquer is all these folks understand. They overwhelm us with crap legislation every year and while we are busy quarreling with ourselves, we hardly have time to see what the left hand is doing behind the scenes. Then, when they are done selling our rights away to the highest bidder, they wait for two years and go to work as a "lobbyist" selling their influence to whatever organization will fill their pockets the most.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 00018GE

I think the problem is fast becoming one of being able to draw a line for where Monsanto or Goldman Sachs ends and Government begins.

It's not even something to pick Presidents over. It's been happening for a lot longer than Obama has had any office to speak of.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Doesn't Monsanto pretty much run the Obama administration?

Even pro-Obama CBS News reported on Obama's signing of the Monsanto Protection Act March 28...

Key figures in the regulatory bodies like the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) have held important positions at Monsanto before working in those regulatory bodies or have held them after their biotech related regulatory work for the government agency. As a result, the Obama and Monsanto work hand-in-hand to ram their agenda down the public's throat.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust HopeChest if I were you guys.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure I quite understand the protection act, but I have read that it would strip federal courts of the authority to immediately halt the planting and sale of genetically modified (GMO) seed crop regardless of any consumer health concerns.

So this means that congress voted to make them immune to any changing laws? What if the people said they want to ban it, put a law through, it were signed ect.. then wouldn't the monsanto protection act stand above that? It would strip the authority of being able to not allow them to plant their crops here even if the people didn't want it grown here? It basically in my opinion takes away the right of the people to stop them from growing and selling their crops here, from what little I am understanding of it anyway?

Am I mistaken?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Are you implying that corporations should have no say in laws that are made which affect their business?

That seems almost, anti-american.

If you owned a business wouldn't you want law that allowed your business to grow and expand and become more profitable or would you simply say, "well I'm a business owner now so I no longer get to participate in our elections."

You may not like this company but they certainly have a right to appeal to Congress to address their needs. The same as you or I do.

A say yes, but to buy...no. I feel nothing good will come of GM crops, well besides huge profits. Im pretty happy with the way food has grown over the life of the planet. With all of our knowledge and science have we really created anything? Or have we just copied and modified nature. If people want GM foods so be it but it should be clearly marked and Id as such. If it wasnt a danger to our health you wouldnt need legal protection covering your a$$ and you wouldnt hide the fact that it is modified. No?

Bill

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
GM pig

This looks like the beginning of a super plague machine

Bill

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What a piece of garbage....government regardless who's in their seldom benefits the population at large but as we can see with this guy and others who have been on certain committees always benefit in some way personally...just disgusting and both parties should be ashamed....but your average citizen could care less and that's why this will continue...

Link

edit on 17-4-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Are you implying that corporations should have no say in laws that are made which affect their business?

That seems almost, anti-american.

If you owned a business wouldn't you want law that allowed your business to grow and expand and become more profitable or would you simply say, "well I'm a business owner now so I no longer get to participate in our elections."

You may not like this company but they certainly have a right to appeal to Congress to address their needs. The same as you or I do.

Where do you find the compromise between a corporation that wants to market new food products that can't be proved to be safe for human health and the health of a population?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Not everyone in the world shares your view of this company you know.

Because not everyone in the world is fully educated or able to see the full picture.
Just like you.
You love to argue nuances and jargon. You go after the 'technicalities.' You argue the details instead of the whole picture. Not all of those traits are 'bad.' But there's more going on here.

Monsanto is one of the largest corporations in the world. Unfortunately, true health and wellness for the masses is not their M.O. This is true about many (most?) large corporations, but Monsanto takes it one step further: they mess with our food. They mess with our life source. They mess with our Mother Earth. The pollute, poison, lie, bribe and fight the people any way they can.

Look into the use of rBGH hormones in cattle. The hormones are directly linked to cancer. In fact, they are banned in most countries. When farmers and people tried to stand together here in the US Monsanto fought them. The People wanted the hormones banned, but Monsanto won. Then the People wanted Monsanto to label their milk with rBGH, but Monsanto fought that and won. So then the People wanted the right to label their milk as rBGH Free. Monsanto fought that, saying the People shouldn't be allowed to. What happened instead though is that anyone who labels their milk as 'rBGH free' also has to put a disclaimer that says 'There is no known difference in cows that have been treated with rBGH or not.' Which is a flat out lie. This isn't just a Mom and Pop business trying to make enough money to live comfortably. These people are fighting the very health of Humanity. I am sorry, but they are evil (and that is not a term I use lightly.)
I understand they provide jobs and that's a 'good thing.' But aren't there more creative, productive ways to create jobs? Shouldn't we come together to find ways to create work for people that actually benefits EVERYONE involved. Is that too much to expect?

You make some 'valid' points. But you're speaking 100% from your brain and not listening one bit to your heart. You are off balance. And, quite frankly, it's absolutely absurd that you would even try to stand up for a company like Monsanto or our corrupt politicians who lobby for them (Many people, including Hillary Clinton and our current FDA director, Michael Taylor also work very closely with Monsanto.)

Fight for the people. Not arbitrary laws.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Notice how long it has been since Hopechest has replied. I think he/she/it was outed as working for that POS poitician.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join