It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I don't know if I am breaking windows with this but..

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
We don't know much about 'Faith'.

And we talk a lot about 'higher consciousness', 'advanced consciousness' and 'higher self' and 'enlightenment' but is this in fact another way of labeling 'Faith'? Isn't faith the correct word for what we mean?

For, with faith, Jesus told, one is able to command a mountain to move place, so one is able to perform acts that are like mind above matter. So, there are stories of enlightened people able to lower their heartrate, bloodpressure, levitating, moving objects? I mean,

?




posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

We don't know much about 'Faith'.

And we talk a lot about 'higher consciousness', 'advanced consciousness' and 'higher self' and 'enlightenment' but is this in fact another way of labeling 'Faith'? Isn't faith the correct word for what we mean?

For, with faith, Jesus told, one is able to command a mountain to move place, so one is able to perform acts that are like mind above matter. So, there are stories of enlightened people able to lower their heartrate, bloodpressure, levitating, moving objects? I mean,

?


And there are many that try and fail.

I believe that in the religious context that faith should be changed to the word "hope". Very few people actually have faith to move mountains and it can be argued if that power would ever exist. This sets people up for failure by saying if the believe in something strongly enough that it will happen.

That just isn't the case. If its not Gods plan than no matter what you do it will not change. But if you use hope, you still know you are doing the correct things but your hoping it aligns with Gods will and becomes a reality.

Faith is really a horrible term.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest


And there are many that try and fail.

I believe that in the religious context that faith should be changed to the word "hope". Very few people actually have faith to move mountains and it can be argued if that power would ever exist. This sets people up for failure by saying if the believe in something strongly enough that it will happen.

That just isn't the case. If its not Gods plan than no matter what you do it will not change. But if you use hope, you still know you are doing the correct things but your hoping it aligns with Gods will and becomes a reality.

Faith is really a horrible term.


Hope is not faith, as finger is not eye. I do think faith has been wrongly interepreted in trust. Or whatever, hope in that matter. But just believing something doesn't create a force something will occur. And mostly when one 'wants' something, one has do to something for it.

But Faith is a transcended state of mind, or what exactly. There a difference between a person with faith and a person without, but what exactly is it? I now think it is.... I think it cannot be explained. One just gained faith and that's it. What kind of meditation leads to Faith, and how did Jesus taught his deciples to gain faith?

Is lazyness obstructing the way to faith?

I need to add that Jesus said, when one has faith the size of a musterdseed one could do things that are similar to the effect of telekinesis. So, faith comes in sizes.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I need to add that Jesus said, when one has faith the size of a musterdseed one could do things that are similar to the effect of telekinesis. So, faith comes in sizes.

This is a very interesting concept, "faith".

And a mustard seed is very small. I wonder, too, what is faith.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What we know, is that when one reached Faith one is in ability of commanding things to obey.

What one must do to reach faith has got nothing to do with faith itself? I thought. It's like building a car. The work one does building it makes that the motor drives the wheels. The motor in itself has no effect without the connection between it and the wheels, and the wheels itself, I mean, solely the motor has no function. See.

So working to faith, is as building all the things around the motor, and so the motor became an automobile. or a chainsaw. You see. When one has a size of faith gained, one suddenly has a function to the motor.

This equation makes my point of view clear.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
So working to faith, is as building all the things around the motor, and so the motor became an automobile. or a chainsaw. You see. When one has a size of faith gained, one suddenly has a function to the motor.

This equation makes my point of view clear.

Yes.

How do we measure faith? If it has a dimensionality, a "size", then it has an identity... Maybe measuring it will give us even more clues about its identity.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Did we forget about Faith, or is it something new to ourselves?

I think faith is that what all people think of as that something more to life, and we all want it, it seems 'precious'.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle
 


Hard to tell what it might be, as there are several ways it is mentioned.

It's most often mentioned as a lack of doubt, or a belief without doubt, but as you're addressing, there is also the mention of faith as a physical trait.

Since the first way clearly points to our thoughts, and we know thoughts use, or are in some manner produced by, the brain, then I would have to think that faith would be some kind of neurological molecule(s) that lacks whatever the molecule(s) is/are that produces doubt.

However, I would not dare test this hypothesis, as I believe it would be ungodly to physically search for faith in material form.

Add: Was only addressing the faith that would control metaphysical phenomenon. And more, the part we're referring to would probably reside in the speech centers of the brain.
edit on 4/15/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Angle
 


Hard to tell what it might be, as there are several ways it is mentioned.

It's most often mentioned as a lack of doubt, or a belief without doubt, .



I will explain to you what it means, since I have the knowledge thereoff.

belief without doubt is that what is right before when faith strikes in.

Therefore they say that that is faith, do you comprehend? I mean, once belief without doubt is reached one has got faith.

(the structure I made is right, but I don't know if I used the right terms)

But there is belief and belief, being 1 belief like I believe you went to the store,..... hmn, but what is it then what one must believe to have faith? When..

I think it is a way of living that leads to faith.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)


better, a way of being.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I will explain to you what it means, since I have the knowledge thereoff.

belief without doubt is that what is right before when faith strikes in.

Therefore they say that that is faith, do you comprehend?


Is this a riddle? I can not tell.
It looks like English, but reads like a spell.


Add: I think you must have faith to believe. Not the opposite.
edit on 4/15/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep
 


One must work towards belief without doubt, and when that is reached Faith will be gained.

Therefore interpreted what they say about it, belief without doubt 'is' faith. Since it is a simultaneous happening. It's just the way they identify faith that makes it seem belief without doubt is faith itself. But the one is gained because of the other.




posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle
 


That does not sound right to me.

I think doubt is an inhibitor and should not be thought of as being reformed into faith.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   




Roots bloody roots
Roots bloody roots
Roots bloody roots
Roots bloody

I believe in our fate
We don't need to fake
It's all we wanna be
Watch me freak

I say we're growing every day
Getting stronger in every way
I'll take you to a place where we shall find our
Roots bloody roots
Roots bloody roots
Roots bloody roots
Roots bloody roots
Rain bring me the strength to get to another day
And all I want to see
Set us free
Why can't you see?
Can't you feel this is real?

I pray we don't need to change our ways to be saved
That all we wanna be
Watch us freak


edit on 15-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep
 


Belief without doubt is not what is changed in faith. Faith is what is received when one gained believe without doubt. But since belief without doubt is the trigger to faith, they say believe without doubt is faith, because belief without doubt is the trigger to it.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle
 




Possession is 9/10th the law? Is that what your video is about?

Whose faith are they wanting to use? Rain man's? That's not faith, that's magic.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep
 


"Rain bring me the strength to get to another day "

If faith can make you command a mountain to move place, can't it be, that you make the rain give you the strenght to get to another day then?
edit on 15-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle
 


Think of it like all things that move do so because of faith, and if your faith is strong enough, you can overtake their use of faith - be it mountains or minds.

And if you know something to be true without having doubt instilled in you, then you have faith. The plants have faith in the sun, it is encoded in them, thus they move towards the sun. They have not overcome doubt, they simply do not have doubt.
edit on 4/15/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle
 


Faith in rain man? Faith in they does not make they do as you command. You're not Solomon if you're praying and asking them. Asking is not commanding.

You're bordering on something you should not do.



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   



All the lying and cheating will surely bite you
Dishonesty tears you apart and will eat you
All the anger and pain and the suffering and the shame
And the voices in your brain will surely haunt you

Let the guilt go, let the guilt go, let the guilt go, let the guilt go

I tell you one thing which leads to another thing
Then I backtrack which leads to hurt feelings
Then my brain spins off of #ing everything
When this happens I can't break through

All the anger, the pain and the suffering, and the shame
And the voices in your brain will really haunt you

Let the guilt go, let the guilt go, let the guilt go, let the guilt go

I tell you one thing which leads to another thing
Then I backtrack which leads to hurt feelings
Then my brain spins off of #ing everything
When this happens I can't break through

Now we waste our lives away Letting guilt lead the way

I'm such a stupid #
Listening to my head and not my gut
Constantly thinking and thinking and thinking
And thinking and thinking and thinking

Now we waste our lives away
Letting guilt lead the way

I tell you one thing which leads to another thing
Then I backtrack which leads to hurt feelings
Then my brain spins off of #ing everything
When this happens I can't break through

I tell you one thing which leads to another thing
Then I backtrack which leads to hurt feelings
Then my brain spins off of #ing everything
When this happens I can't break through



edit on 15-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle
 


If you do not have guilt then you do not love what you hurt.

That song is not an empowering mantra, it's a harmful one that asks you to betray those you love.
edit on 4/15/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join