It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have been to several doctors and dermatologists because of a skin condition.

It appears to be a slow-spreading, olive green patch of skin. It is symetrical on both arms. The texture is rougher than normal skin. It glows neon green under a blacklight. It does not itch, burn, tingle, hurt, or in any way differ in sensation as compared to the normal skin. It does not come off if I scrub it or scrape it. It has pretty much replaced the normal skin that used to be there. The hair on these sections have become lighter in color and thinner than the hair on the normal sections of my arms.

The doctors ran tests for skin cancer, fungus, infection, etc. All of these tests indicated that it was normal skin.

After that he thought that it was just an overproduction of melanin but then I brought in a blacklight and he had no clue what it was (because it showed up negative for any kind of illness).

I am just curious if anyone has an idea as to what this is.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
hm never heard of this..maybe eat more vegetable, like fresh salat, deny meat and dont each much of the spicy stuff..I am no Doctor sorry (for better suggestions)

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The body replaces cells after about a month's time. It seems one cell was involved in the overproduction and transmitted through normal cell to cell interactions with neighboring cells. It doesn't sound like something to worry about unless they become hard and start growing under the dermal layer. That's when you have to check for cancerous growths though it sounds like it would not be the case. Trust the doctors. I say more than one because a second or third opinion can only help.

Body marks in our youth are not generally accepted, but later on they are considered character

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The body replaces cells after about a month's time. It seems one cell was involved in the overproduction and transmitted through normal cell to cell interactions with neighboring cells. It doesn't sound like something to worry about unless they become hard and start growing under the dermal layer. That's when you have to check for cancerous growths though it sounds like it would not be the case. Trust the doctors. I say more than one because a second or third opinion can only help.

Body marks in our youth are not generally accepted, but later on they are considered character

I don't think you understand. They checked for cancer. It's not that. I have been to many doctors. They all said the same thing. I have been to dermatologists. They thought it might be a Becker's Neivus (not sure that I spelled that right). The fact that it heals like normal skin and glows indicated that it was not that either. The strange skin did not cover the other skin, it completely replaced it. It heals and grows as normal skin. Melanin does not glow neon green under blacklights. The texture did become harder but in a way that it is more resistant to damage (cuts, bruises, abraisions, sunburns).

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Check out this site.

www.skinsite.com...

It will take some time, but you may find something similar to what you are suffering from.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yowza! Perhaps you're part reptilian - anacondas have olive green skin as do some frogs and snakes!

Or you may be a "Green" i.e. in ufo terminology, Greens are humans of 'normal' size, yet who possess an olive-green skin color. They claim to be from a subterranean or cavernous realms beneath Europe which they refer to as 'St. Martin's Land' (Evadamic).

But seriously, are you wearing any jewelry near the green patch where it could be creating a reaction between the metal, causing your skin to turn green?

Here are a couple of dermatology liniks re: skin lesions:

dermnetnz.org...

www.hkmj.org.hk...

And a bonanza of dermatology sites:

www.cbel.com...

And for those interested in tatoo removal:

www.pimaderm.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Good thought (jewelry) but no; I only wear one piece of jewelry, a necklace (fly fishing line for the rope, quartz crystal at the end, stainless steel attatchment). Nothing that would cause this collor. Good thought though.

Thank you for the sites, I have not checked them yet but will do so after I finish this message.

new topics

top topics

join