It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the "Technology of the Gods"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The world is faced with innumerable problems today, including over-population, pollution, climate change, wars, famines, natural disasters (which are recurring at a much higher rate), economies in turmoil, and the list goes on. UFOs are just not something that seemingly impacts us on a daily basis, but that belief might be short-sighted. The real question is how are we going to solve these problems? I say that the solution to our modern problems will be using technology and knowledge, some of which we can only conceptualize currently.

UFOs, by nature of the overwhelming evidence concluding they are REAL (disregarding for now what they are, or where the come from), represent technological marvels that defy our current understanding of physics, propulsion, and aerodynamics. While many will argue, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that there is absolutely no proof that UFOs exist. This is typically either a result of, 1) ignorance of the facts (which is usually the case), or 2) denial due to fear. Fear is a gripping human emotion. We often try to ignore things that we don’t understand. I am not calling you ignorant if you don’t believe in the reality of UFOs. I am calling you uninformed, or perhaps sporting blinders (or both). My goal here is to briefly try to demonstrate to you why you should do a little research to understand something very real, and I would argue for the possibility of a technology that may be extremely important to our future.

While I could site hundreds of cases, I am going to limit this here to a few high-profile cases, witnesses, and testimonies. Some of these are rather well known cases, with volumes of information available if you look. You can search on any of the titles below and find scores of websites that detail the information. Read several of the sources, and specifically focus on expert testimony (military, police, pilots, astronauts, etc…).. I think that is the best way to get an overall view of what happened.

1. Rendlesham Forest Incident in December, 1980. Base commander Colonel Halt, and other officers and enlisted men testified to a very strange sighting around Christmas 1980 at a joint US/UK military base in England (near the Rendlesham Forest). Halt provided audio tapes documenting the events, and physical evidence (landing indentations, radiation readings, and drawings were also provided by Halt or his team). The men witnessed a silent hovering object, which was apparently searching the base (which had nuclear weapons) and seemed to be gathering intelligence. Sergeant Jim Penniston claimed to have even touched the landing craft. He provided details on its shape and inscriptions/symbols. While these men had every reason to never speak of this incident (including aledged threats from military officials) they have chosen to speak out over time. Halt has faced public scorn from military officials who were not interested in this information being released. The military’s claim is that they spend three days chasing after the light from a light tower, which was two miles away. If you study UFO cases you will find that the military comes up with some of the funniest excuses. Weather balloons are a favorite, but also swamp gas, and the planet Venus.

2. “Big Sur” UFO film. Robert Jacobs is a professor at Bradley University. In 1965, he was in the Air Force and was in charge of filming missile tests near the base. They were testing the most sophisticated missile/rockets, and he allegedly caught one of the most amazing UFO videos ever to be denied to the public. According to Jacobs, the rocket, travelling at an estimated 11-14,000 per hour, is circled by disk shape objects. The objects then appear to shine a laser beam, from four different vantage points, and they effortlessly and literally run circles around the missile. Jacobs says that he was transformed by the experience. He was also told to never speak of it again, which he refused to do. His story is very compelling and consistent with other accounts, in that UFOs seem to be very interested in our technology, while demonstrating that we are still playing with sticks and stones, compared to theirs. Jacobs has tried get access to this film that he did for the military, but he was told to drop the entire matter and to never speak of it. Fortunately, he hasn’t listened.

3. On March 16, 1967, the “Malmstrom Minuteman incident” took place. Captain Robert Salas testified that sixteen of the missiles where inoperable, immediately after multiple witnesses confirmed the sighting of zipzagging UFO disks across the sky. These were witnessed by several people. For reasons that are still unexplained, the rows of missiles, carrying nukes, were inoperable most of the day. Similar events have happened at other air force bases over the past 40 years, including a very recent case. Salas was told never to speak of this, but he came forward with these details (which others have done as well in 2000. For some reason the public has barely noticed.

4. Lonnie Zamora UFO landing. Zamora was a police officer in Socorro, New Mexico on April 24, 1964. What he witnessed, along with physical evidence he gathered, changed him forever. Zamora, who by all accounts was an outstanding police officer and upstanding citizen, said that he say an egg shape, with a strange inscription land in a remote area. He witnessed two small child beings outside the craft. According to Zamora, he believed the beings noticed him and quickly go into the craft, and shot off at an incredible speed. Zamora was shaken and got additional help on the scene, which eventually included the Air Force. They found landing impressions in the ground, strange metal, and burned vegetation. Dr. Harry Frankel of NASA analyzed the metal and determined that it could not be a terrestrial alloy. Zamora, forever changed by the incident, never tried to profit from this in any way. He was viewed as a credible and reliable witness by those who knew him, and his emotions following that event was very real. Like most, he wished it had never happened to him.

5. The Roswell Incident. This most famous UFO incident has been the epicenter of UFO debate for decades. The facts are this. The local US Military (Army Air Force base in Roswell) released an astounding claim, in early July, 1947. They indicated that they had captured a flying disk, which had been all the rage nationally since these were documented by pilot Kenneth Arnold. Immediately, the story broke out around the world, and the bases was inundated with phone calls. Several hours later, the government changed the story and said they had “captured” a simple weather balloon.(Con't)
edit on 15-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Formatting

edit on 15-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Formatting again

edit on 15-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: New title & deleted a rambling 1st paragraph

edit on 15-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: One more grammar fix (I probably missed 10)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"Why UFOs" Continued.....

Apparently, the most elite military outfit in the world at the time, didn’t know the difference between a flying disk and a weather balloon! Almost immediately, the press released the updated story and the incident was largely forgotten. In the late 1970s, Dr. Stanton Friedman received testimony from then Roswell base intelligence officer, Jessie Marcel, that the military had covered up the truth. He said the actual material recovered was metallic, but unlike anything he had ever seen. The metal could not be bent, dented, burned, and while light and pliable, it would immediately recover its shape. Since that time, scores of witnesses have stepped forward telling about the metals, alien bodies, the cover-up, and threats from military and government to never speak of this. Colonel Haut, who was the base communications officer at the time, later came forward in a death bed confession to confirm the events in July 1947, and the military cover-up. In the 1990s the Government released two laughingly silly reports, of which spanned hundreds of pages. The first one of them said that it wasn’t a disk or a weather balloon, it was a Mogul Spy balloon. “This time we are telling the truth”, according the government report almost 45 years after the fact. The second report stated that the “alien bodies” were test dummies. This in spite of the fact that the test dummies were not tested here until 1953, and they were full size human weight and 6’ tall, in no way matching the testimonies. While this case remains unsolved, the mass of evidence that I have read indicates that it was a real event involving something unearthly. Yet, most don’t take the time to really explore the facts about this case.

I hope that you will study these and other cases, and if you do, I am confident that you will come to the conclusion that there is a genuine mystery here. So, assuming you believe or at least are now curious, why does all this matter?

At our present path, human beings seem to be headed to self-destruction. Many religions teach us that God will root out evil and save the world. Essentially, the current world situation seems to meet biblical prophesy. We have two choices, pray from the mercy of God, or use the brains given to us by creation, and solve mysteries unknown to us today. Intellectually curiously trumping faith. Some people have no trouble believing in an invisible god in the sky, which no living pwrson has seen, but can’t lend any credence to reports from millions of people including astronauts, significant physical evidence of REAL and observable phenomena? That doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t believe that “God” is going to solve our problems. I think we will have to do it. In my opinion, the best way for us to accomplish this is with technology. Craft that can hover silently, and move away at fantastic speeds, without a sound or visible means of propulsion, should be interesting to the world. What if the Governments had recovered some of this hardware? Could it be back-engineered to help solve many of our problems (energy, pollution, economic)? Has it already and been kept form us? This would be tragic.

I say that the only way we are going to solve our problems is with proper use of advanced technology. Even if we don’t have physical artifacts in our possession, we should be studying these phenomena. The longer that we pretend it doesn’t exist, the more time we waste waiting for God to save us.

No, UFOs and its possible occupants are NOT to be worshiped. But it is critical to our future that we understand the technology behind them. The very existence of mankind could be at stake. .
edit on 15-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Formatting

edit on 15-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Reinforce points in conclusion

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Why interest & study of UFOs?

Because the human mind always craves for the mysterious and the unknown. We are not not happy with our lives so we want to escape it by alternative means ,eg:- taking vacation, discussing about UFO's and doing anything that helps us escape/forget our life even for a short amount of time.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

they already live amongst us

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I believe that we should show curiosity in Ufo's, and the possibility of Alien life; the vast number of planets that are being discovered everyday with our new technology, and the increasing chance that some of these planets may be in the inhabitabiity zone, dictates that we do earnestly look for this existence.

Besides, just because I have never seen a UFO on my own, I can not believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that people who say they have seen it, haven't. After all, I haven't been in outer space, and haven't seen evidence (other than images and people telling me) that the Earth is round, and I believe that. Don't I? So how can I say that Ufo's aren't real.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnoEht

When will this technology be made available, to save the world from certain ruin via pollution, over-population, oil dependence, and war? Why are they waiting? Or, what are they waiting for?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't actually believe in UFO's because I have yet to see evidence that is so conslusive that it can't be denied. Until that happens I do not throw my hat in the ring with anything. I will grant you that there is enough unexplained things to warrant a mystery however so perhaps they do exist.

I do also agree that technology will solve our current problems, or at least give us the ability to escape from them if we need to.

Does this technology need to come from outside the human race? I don't believe so.

I think that if we cooperated our efforts and prioritized our needs we could accomplish all the things to solve our issues on our own.

Given the fact that we can't even work together as a species on even the simpliest of issues I would argue that no amount of technology you inject into our world would help at all. It would be misused for war or corruption instead of fixing problems so I think we actually need to get there on our own so we can grow and become responsiblie with the technology.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Your presentation is good evidence for UFOs. My reply is to your belief that technology will help solve our problems. In order for this to come true, the future will have to be unlike the past. History does not support this optimism. It seems to me that the sources of our problems have nothing to do with technology. Men are full of lies and ill will and greed. History shows that men's greed for personal gain at the expense of the rest of us knows no limit. Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines is a good example of a man for whom more was never enough.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by leostokes

Your presentation is good evidence for UFOs. My reply is to your belief that technology will help solve our problems. In order for this to come true, the future will have to be unlike the past. History does not support this optimism. It seems to me that the sources of our problems have nothing to do with technology. Men are full of lies and ill will and greed. History shows that men's greed for personal gain at the expense of the rest of us knows no limit. Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines is a good example of a man for whom more was never enough.

It's hard to disagree with your counter argument regarding the ill will of mankind, specifically those in power.

When the United States was created in 1776, it was based on a vision of great men and women, for a nation of the people. While some of that has definitely been lost to the greed of mankind, it does illustrate a point. It is possible to "aim higher" towards the advancement of mankind, in the form of a better system.

For the world to advance together, it will need to work together. We will need to find a way to overcome the tendencies of mankind for greed and exploitation. First we have to conceptualize it. Execution will not easy in a new world order to advance mankind. But, I say our present place of warring nations will lead to certain eventual destruction.

Clearly alternative ways of thinking are needed to solve our problems. Beginning to think as not just global citizens, but citizens of our greater universe is a good start.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

Originally posted by EnoEht

When will this technology be made available, to save the world from certain ruin via pollution, over-population, oil dependence, and war? Why are they waiting? Or, what are they waiting for?

to be honest with you i ask myself the same questions, but i read somewhere that a long time ago the human species was created by aliens as a "slave" race...somehow they mixed the DNA with the native primate species here on earth, and mixed it with their own.

the reason they used primates was because it was the most intelligent life form in this planet at the time.

to be honest i think that they are long gone by now, abandoning their "experiment" i.e us...here on earth.

but supposedly there is some type of alien species who came here and "claimed" the primitive human species at the time, thousands of years ago, and they are the ones who have been in control since then.

what their end plans are? i have no clue
edit on 15-4-2013 by EnoEht because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by leostokes

Yep, you can't simply give people technology to use and expect them to use it wisely. They must grow into it and learn to be responsible themselves.

Do you think that if we gave Napolean access to nuclear technology that he would have built power plants to light up Europe or do you think he would have made a bomb to drop on England and Moscow?

We will grow into technology and learn to use it wisely or we will be destroyed by it. Point is that we need to get there on our own for us to be responsible with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Since you are Arizona, let me mention 3 things related.
William Cooper, dead in Eager Az Oct. 2001. A very small hidden elite run this country and will defeat any thecnology or social change they do not want
William Hudson. Arizona dirt farmer, monoatomic gold, also ORME. there are other forms of matter that have peculiar gravitational properties that could be exploited. office on black canyon.
The Phoenix lights. Hundreds of observers, when Fyfe Symington was gov. Air FOrce ran some A10s dropping flares to cover it up.
Bonus, but non arizona tech. LENR. now studied at CERN and MIT. Cheap energy. but the elite do not like it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57

William Cooper, dead in Eager Az Oct. 2001. A very small hidden elite run this country and will defeat any thecnology or social change they do not want
William Hudson. Arizona dirt farmer, monoatomic gold, also ORME. there are other forms of matter that have peculiar gravitational properties that could be exploited. office on black canyon.
The Phoenix lights. Hundreds of observers, when Fyfe Symington was gov. Air FOrce ran some A10s dropping flares to cover it up.
Bonus, but non arizona tech. LENR. now studied at CERN and MIT. Cheap energy. but the elite do not like it.

I'm not saying you are wrong or that you are right.

Either way that has little to do with whether or not humanity is ready to be given advanced technology. I'm speaking about technology far beyond what we've created, even in the examples you've shown.

Cheap energy is a far cry from being able to teleport items or blow up the sun with one rocket.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You seem like another person using the acronym UFO incorrectly. Anything in the sky that is to far away to positively identify is an Unidentified Flying Object.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Hmm i cant tell from this distance...So its a UFO. So you tell someone you saw a UFO and they automatically think you mean visiting aliens..

Everything that is no identified is not a candidate for visiting aliens.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
You seem like another person using the acronym UFO incorrectly. Anything in the sky that is to far away to positively identify is an Unidentified Flying Object.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Hmm i cant tell from this distance...So its a UFO. So you tell someone you saw a UFO and they automatically think you mean visiting aliens..

Everything that is no identified is not a candidate for visiting aliens.

Well through books, movies, and the media that is the connotation. Most people do not walk around spouting the word UFO if its not related to aliens.

Its just what the word has come to represent over the years even though technically you are correct. I'm not a linguist so perhaps someone else can explain the process of how words become associated with a particular meaning.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The problem with this is that people who make a lot of money off books , websites and lecture's go around claiming everything in the sky that can not be identified is a UFO knowing that other people will think that this means they are talking about visiting aliens. Then at a later date when the the object gets identified as something normal the 'researchers' always come back with the same response.."well i didnt say it was visiting aliens, i only said it was a UFO".

So they go on spouting complete BS about anything that cant immediately be identified ,safe in the knowledge they have an easy 'get out' that allows them to retain a small crumb of credibility.

Until people start using the acronym UFO correctly there will always be someone taking advantage of the blurry meaning of the word and the search for visiting aliens will forever be led astray by people trying to make a bit of money from gullible people.

Next time you watch a documentary or read a book from any of the 'big names' in the so called UFO movement. Make note of how they try to use UFO rather than visiting aliens or alien space craft so they can retain credibility.

edit on 15-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Good initiative and post. Whether or not one believes in the existence of UFOs and alien extra-terrestrial visitation(s); what is a fact, is that the existence of life ruining social and technological issues and inhumane injustice occurring on our shared planet is a reality and it does not, so much matter if we are being visited by entities from other worlds but it should be prioritized that every human being, having the least bit of intelligence and compassion, should spend some, or a lot, of time considering if it could happen, how we would go about visiting other worlds in terms of engagement and technology and what social and technological advancements can be made and implimented here on Earth, for the benefit of Mankind and the planet itself

It is time that the people begin to move forward. World leaders obviously aren't doing a very good job and cannot seem to get along.

People need to start talking. Now.
edit on 15-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Tell me...what is wrong with worshiping a "holy grail" of starship technology, along with a civilization that has the power to display such a technology, before our very own eyes???

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think you all fail to realize the technology was handed to us aeons ago, we screwed up, and failed as a race and a civilization. Now that nature and human nature have come to repeat its history, we have been bestowed the silicon chip to advance, and from there we have spiraled into chaos and turmoil. Humans are the mold on this great cosmic apple, and a cosmic comedy show for all advanced, malevolent and benevolent extraterrestrial species.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57

If these elites don't want to see some new tech, specifically "cheap energy" and field-drives for space craft, they have little time left to stop me.

Seriously though, the technology used by any UFO's is already within Terrestrial science. The two systems I'm working on are good examples; 1 phase-conjucate zero-point energy pump, 2) artificial gravety field generator.

If these two system work as I think they should, it could produce FTL.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join