It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is odd (Mars SOL 120 again, no claws)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I was looking at Arken's latest "find" and went to have a look at the SOL 120 images and came across this, which is completely different to anything around it (no pun). Whatever it is, it is very smooth and I'm unsure what could have caused this, so any ideas would be appreciated.

All I've done is blow it up 250% and it can be found here top right or here top left

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's clearly the discarded shell from one of the well known Mars Crab People.

They're coming to get you, climp climp!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Taking a look... Here is the object taken from a different camera and from a different angle.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Note that the Object of Interest is probably about 25mm in diameter to 38mm in length. Here is the object:

Initial views leads to the conclusion that this is probably a water-rounded stone, similar to some others, mostly larger rocks, near the same location. But I have doubts, there are too many inconsistencies brought-up with shadow analysis and digital terrain modeling in the pics to actually say what. Indeed, analysis raises more questions than answers.

EDIT: Just thought I would add my own , far-reaching and totally un-analytical opinion to this. Such intriguing objects are pretty common. It is mere speculation to try and adjudge what they are. If you want my 2 cents worth... most or all of the images that NASA/JPL/MSL see (and pass-on to the public) via their rovers and Mars-orbiting spacecraft are not natural scenes. Think along the line of a highly advanced species trying to hide their presence and humans not even knowing what or how to even begin looking. Our own human-tech is (or has already) very close to stealth technology, so good that we cannot detect it. Think what higher life forms may have. Then think about our ability to detect them... much of the inconsistencies that can be seen in the MSL pics can be explained by the god-damn HLF's effing with what our basic tools see and detect. But I think we are onto them and people are chasing-down the theoretical avenues to uncover previously unseen things.... Just my opinion though.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros

Whatever it is, it is very smooth and I'm unsure what could have caused this, so any ideas would be appreciated.

You might have found a wind-eroded Dreikanter (click here for the Wikipedia article). But I clearly see why this caught your attention, the rather sharp looking ends do look a bit strange.

I didn't spend too much time on this area yet, but when looking around on your source images I found the following two rock slabs also interesting when compared to the rest of the rubble lying around:

The one on the top-left has rugged edges and seems to have an interesting relief layer on top of it (erosion/dust/wind?) and the one on the lower right looks bent, like some of the other ventifacts we saw. But as usual, it'll be difficult or impossible to say anything conclusive about it, but I'll certainly also take a closer look at Shaler myself later on ... nevertheless, interesting find & keep on looking!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A rather strange group of objects : A petrified Platypus, pliers, an artist's palette and an engine gasket. Can't for the life of me see what they all could have in common.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

It sure looks like a shell to me
Please can we agree on that and not call it a rock?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Even larger and contrast adjusted:

It's birdlike. Head facing us, burrowing in the ground.

Like this:

edit on 4/15/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: bird

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thanks for the "quote".

Interesting anomaly!

S&F.

The Sol 120 contain more anomalies....Like this CUBE...

edit on 15-4-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The only thing on Earth that looks remotely like the picture is an illustration of a lava bomb as shown here

Here's a better pic

I suppose one could have been wind eroded after it hit, giving the smooth shape, but I'll have to presume that it landed in water first otherwise it would either be in bits or somewhat jam shaped.

Exceeded my 4hr edit window otherwise I would have added this to the OP
edit on 15/4/2013 by nomadros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Look's shell like indeed I think it probably is but compare it to the wind sculpting of the Antarctic dry valley's were the weather has carved the stone's into some spectacular shape's and henry moor like sculpture's, You will get some none intelligent comment's as the possibility of life on mars scares a lot of people at both an emotional and psychological level but take on board the more intelligent thinker's as the best for of criticism is actually constructive, Great thread and Yes I think due to the amount of potential evidence presented so far that this may very well be a shell fossil. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Cubes are not made in nature!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavedweller88
reply to post by Arken

Take a look at salt someday.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I AM LOVING THAT ONE ARKEN!

Best yet............a fricken cube!!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Thanks for the "quote".

Interesting anomaly!

S&F.

The Sol 120 contain more anomalies....Like this CUBE...

edit on 15-4-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

and a credit card right next to it.. figures

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

brilliant

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The "shell" and the "cube" are both good finds. You guys make a good team! A question, is Curiosity officially out of Yellowknife Bay and into another named area, or is this a sub-name for a section of Yellowknife? Thanks.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Aleister because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Arken

So true NOT!!!!!

Pyrite

Also it has been mention salt crystals are cubes

Never assume what nature can and cannot do!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

reply to post by Arken

Take a look at salt someday.

Or Pyrite....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Were those mars inhabitants that crabby?
Maybe they lived a life in a shell like many humans do.

Nice find, I don't know what it is really but I know what it looks like to me. We see what we know most of the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

reply to post by Arken

So true NOT!!!!!

Pyrite

Also it has been mention salt crystals are cubes

Never assume what nature can and cannot do!!!

Sugar comes in cubes also

top topics

<<   2 >>

join