It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Fantasy pics do you identify with strongly?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes i do

All good then

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I see,thank you.Well ,then a fantasy pics thread is not going to be feasible,so it may as well be closed.Thanks for explaining,there are sites i've been on where members were posting pics like these i have,left right and centre,so i assumed it would be okay here too.Again,thank you for explaining.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

If you were not being sarcastic or snide,i do apologise for saying you don't have to be a bitch about it.

Truth is,it relates to a dream/half waking dream i had since childhood,where there are beings walking behind me,holding my arms on either side,and it felt as i was being moved forward by them,that i was flowing like water,not walking-and this pic just brought it all back when i saw it-it captured that feeling of flowing,for me personally,the whole scenario-nothing to do with being raped at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Very nice pic's little one but they just wouldn't be my cup of tea as i'm still into Bay City Rollers but i don't mind someone putting one up of me and bob dylan in a fur rug together

Maybe that would be to much paint ah well never mind
edit on 15-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: usual spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I did apologise,in case she was'nt being snide or sarcastic,daaskapital.I thought it was a cool concept too,but there's going to be problems with copyright,so it's propably not going to fly,though.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I really do love that first pic in the OP... obviously.

And doesn't sharing pictures without financial gain fall under fair use? That's what I thought. No one is making an income here...? I could be wrong

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

You need to have permission of the copyright holder to do so.. avatars are considered as a fair use unless the actual copyright owner says otherwise.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I see, so places like pintrest are illegal?

And tumblr?
edit on 15-4-2013 by Invariance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You should always read terms of service before you upload anything which might violate the copyright laws, there is no exceptions in those sites as you can read from their policies. Those sites are not illegal but their members might violate the laws by uploading material when they do not hold the rights.
edit on 15-4-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't use them, thought I'd ask since they seem to be free for all picture sharing sites.. facebook as well. Seems to be a lot of infringement going on these days :/

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Yes there is. Just to keep it safe ground never ever upload art someone else has made.. artists are very touchy and and know their rights.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Does that include avatars?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So does that mean the Post a funny Pic and Post a Beautiful Nature pic thread, along with others like them are out?
Sorry, I just don't see what the difference is in posting them in the thread and using them as an avatar.
If I was an artist, I would take it as a compliment that someone thought they were worth posting in this thread and people are getting to see the work that would otherwise have not.
There only thing that comes about from these pics being posted is more exposure to something someone has already posted on line for viewing.
No one is profiting off of them, claiming them as their own or bringing any harm to the the art or artist.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Avatars are considered as a fair use.

Even no one isnt profiting from these images doesnt apply to fair use... google what is fair use.
There are a lot of myths about copyright laws.. and people are very confused or not really even giving them a thought when they use copyrighted work of others.

10 Myths about copyrights

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
How do i put picture here?
How to postit?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

I love all three of these. ♥

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I love the one of the blonde girl with the black tear smudges streaming down her face.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Do you own the rights to your avatar pic? Just curious.

edit on 15-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

I know you weren't talking to me but I don't own the rights to my avatar. The thing is I break the laws / rules on such a regular basis it has almost become a habit.

I love the last pic of the white wolves and the guy smoking his.....whatever it is he's smoking.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join