It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice for anger management

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
hi, i think i was born angry,, thanks for the smoking mom...

Aanyhuuw,, i have started to exercise ALOT, to deplete my infinite source of energy,,

my problem, i love the activities, BUT, my anger levels have increased alarmingly at same time,
somebody told me that this is just toxic leaving my body, but i was pondering that has anyone been in anger management and could share some methods?
any good advice would be appreciated,
thanks to the collective!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
How's your diet?

I tried a meat-heavy diet a few years back, and my aggression went through the roof. Now I rarely eat meat and have plans to go vegetarian by year's end. (Not vegan, but screw meat)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

hi, i dont eat meat, only veggies and sometimes fish, lots of extra diet nutrients, lots of fruits,berries,nuts,
so the problem is most likely a mental problem, i get annoyed from just about everything, then i start to sweat and boil...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Try meditation, I had lots of anger issues, very extreme. Meditation helped me control it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I have found that venting on inanimate objects regularly helps me avoid killing people over the little stuff.

It's been 9 years now since I've lost my temper on someone.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hi and thanks for your post.

Hope this comes across in the way that I want.....

Anger like all emotions is responsive, it is a mental process that we go through when presented with external stimuli. If we don't take ownership of this process it ends up with the situation you describe, where the anger becomes an automatic response.

Meditation is a great way to alter our response systems, you don't need to view meditation as some mystical practice, as it is in reality a form of mental exercise, self induced brain washing if you like.

The method that can be used is.... Find time when you are not angry to sit for 5mins, relax, then imagine a situation that would usually illicit an angry response, now imagine that instead of getting angry you deal with the situation in a calm manner. What you are doing here is developing new neural pathways and the more practice you do the stronger the pathways become and eventually they will be the dominant pathway so when you find yourself in said situation that is the course of action you will take.

There are other methods and techniques but I have limited time to respond, if you want to hear some more let me know and I'll try and get online later.

Hope this has been of some use.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I have done anger management and have felt what you are feeling.
The working out is a testosterone boost which is why you feel like that...its natural.

Get a heavy bag and take it out on the bag.

If that doesn't work,try a contact sport.....it worked for me.

Don't listen to the meditation crowd....they live in the clouds.

Also,the best advice i can give when you get angry....walk away from the situation and remove yourself so you don't snap.
A change in environment does wonders when pissed off.
edit on 15-4-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

ciggarrettes have gun powder in them. it's also used to make pitbulls more aggressive. movies and shows are programmed to make you sick to violence.

Clockwork Orange is meant to suppress emotions until it becomes detrimental on your everyday life.

Maybe you haven't allowed yourself to be human enough! This is generally a christian condition.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

Aanyhuuw,, i have started to exercise ALOT, to deplete my infinite source of energy,,

my problem, i love the activities, BUT, my anger levels have increased alarmingly at same time,
somebody told me that this is just toxic leaving my body, but i was pondering that has anyone been in anger management and could share some methods?

Learn a discipline like Kajukenbo Kung-Fu. Is very good for learning self control and more control over your physical body at the same time. It works on the mental and physical aspects. Maybe do research and watch some style videos of martial arts to see what would suit you best.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Opportunia because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I went through a similar phase in my younger years...I recommend buying a heavy bag and venting on it whenever needed. Another thing to take into account (and I don't know your age so) exercise increase testosterone levels and that leads to aggression. Also try so gaja.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

hi, thanks for the advice,, i think i could try a calming meditation,,,
martial arts are good also... maybe i should get back on-board...

this probably is a waiting game, for all the functions to get balanced with my new activities...

thank you all!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

i use a bag daily... it helped at first, but started to generate more than deplete,,,,

maybe after a while, it will balance out...
cheers, mate..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

If I read that right you just blamed your mothers smoking on Your Anger Issues. Is that right?

Um well, .. It has Nothing to do with that.

Denial is your first obstacle here. Blaming someone else because of your anger issues is not a solution.

Once you are able to take personal responsibility you will be able to confront the Real reason why you have anger issues.

As far as dealing with it, You need to lay off of ANY sugary or caffeinated drinks. You need to completely change your diet.

Follow the food pyramid. Ya know? 4/4/3/2 and 8 - 8 ounce glasses of water a day. This is one sure way to clean toxins out of your system. By the way, cleaning toxins out of your system has absolutely nothing to do with your increased anger level. It has everything to do with your surroundings and the stimuli that affect you.

Learning a martial arts discipline like Tai Chi may very well be quite beneficial as it is good for the mind, body, and soul.

You may also consider a regression therapy to help determine why you are having anger issues.

I hope this helps. Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I'd be angry all of the time if I never ate meat either.
Try to join a fight club.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Lay off the bash bags, people see you bashing things and see you as even more angry. Its a bad move.
Try breathing heavily when you get angry then slow it down, just walk away and take some time out when stress elevates.

You have to control your emotions, walk away.
Try forgiving people and try to understand their point of view.
Dont assume you are always right, listen.

I dont recommend punching anything, I recommend calming down. Punching things doesnt teach restraint
A mate of mine punched his bag out and his step father was in fear for his life, thinking he was next.

What causes your anger, why do you feel angry.

edit on 15-4-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Don't listen to the meditation crowd....they live in the clouds.

That's not a fair statement Drums. Maybe it didn't work for YOU. That's ok. Not everyone has the discipline it takes, or the understanding to use focused meditation. But being one of those who has used it to great effect. I can vouch for meditation and hypnosis both.

OP: Learn how to forgive. Until you can forgive those you deem have wronged you, and then forgive yourself for not living up to your own expectations, you will continue having anger issues.

Don't just work on the symptoms. Get to the root of the anger, and confront it. It isn't easy, and the process will likely make angrier than you've ever been. But it's worth it when that breakthrough comes.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

What activities relax you? And what is your age +/-?. Are you in a relationship? Have you noticed any triggers? Not trying to snoop man, I struggled for years with this and know the feeling. The other thing that works for me is running not jogging I mean sprinting. But as I said exercise increases testosterone and thus aggression.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I feel pretty oh so pretty~ Anger Management.... Sometimes you just have to pound sand. Eat crow. However you want to put it. Stop getting angry at situations you cannot control. Optional suffereing and inevitable suffering~ which do you get angry more over? I to have an anger problem, but it wasn't until I realized you can't help everyone and you can only help yourself that I relized I was angry over situation's that were out of my realm of control.

Let it go~

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

Exercise do not diminish my anger, just kinda "stores" it for later. I found that the cure for that is play a easy to beat video game. I favour an old arcade game called Metal Slug 6. Kinda punch virtual bags.

I'm Irish mixed with many other bloods like mediterranean and French... So you have here the advice of an expert about hot boiling temper...

edit on 15-4-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

I used to be like you when i was younger though i'm a completely different person now thankfully.

When i was in my middle 20's i joined the army and i really can't even remember now when my anger went after joining and i think i really found my calling, they stuck me for 12yrs but try not to get hit on the head with anything lol.

Also keep away from writing thread's on things folk might get a bit pissed about or explain that you have does and don't on it before hitting that send button. (in other words i did that lol)

One of my daughters had anger problems to and i never smoked or was a drinker or anything like that, she ended up taking a wobbler one night and ended up in Holywell (local nut house) and that was the worst place in the world for her as they made out her father and i where bad parents which wasn't true, she ended up wanting home and i took her to our family doctor and he got her someone to talk to that deals with young peoples problems,

She's at uni now and is 22, most of her anger is way in the past now and that was 6 years ago though it took 4 years to sort it all out she also changed her diet so maybe that does have something to do with it though i just don't no but i have a wonderful daughter now who still lives with me and its a blessing to see her happy everyday.

I'm not saying that she never gets angry because like most of us she does but she knows how to let go of it and its natural after all we're all human.

I hope you get sorted soon and maybe going to your doc's and having a chat might be half a problem solved, good luck and keep your friends at ATS posted we are all here to help try and give you some of are wonderful advise

top topics

<<   2 >>

join