It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Remote Viewing Experiment (all participants welcome)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Good day ATS, about a week ago I started a thread called Idea for Group RV Experiment where we discussed an idea for an online RV experiment aimed at predicting major future events. Since that time I have refined the idea a little bit and finally put it into action by building a website where anyone can help by participating in the experiment. I sent a message to an ATS admin a few days ago asking if it was ok to post the link but it doesn't seem like I'm going to get a response any time soon so I'm just going to go ahead and post it here and if there's any problems they can simply remove this thread. Although I don't see why there should be any problems because people post links to these sorts of websites all the time and the website doesn't contain any adverts or tracking bugs or anything else that could make me money, it's purely designed to test this idea.

Link: mass-rv.com...

I suggest reading the idea thread to get some background info on this experiment but the about page on the mass-rv website also describes most of the concepts behind this experiment:

Although we plan to conduct other experiments in the future, our first experiment is an attempt to measure whether or not the human mind is capable of predicting major future events with any degree of accuracy by having a large number of people carry out a basic remote viewing process. The goal is to magnify any predictive ability humans may have by utilizing the mind power of thousands of people. Once we collect enough data from participants the statistical trends will become easier to pick out and will tell us whether or not there is a true effect happening.

You might argue that "remote viewing" isn't the best term to use when talking about prediction, however most RV practitioners claim that when they look into the future they are simply remote viewing a distant time as if it were something they can focus on like any other remote location. So why would anyone believe that an experiment like this has any potential to work? For a long time scientists have questioned how our consciousness is linked to time. There are studies like this one which indicate our brains can possibly sense things moments before they happen.

Many people believe it is some sort of intuition ability that all of us have. There are in fact many experiments which appear to show that all of us might have this ability to predict near-future events... but just how far can this ability extend into the future? Results obtained from the global consciousness project, which analyzes the numbers generated by quantum random number generators (QRNG's) from all over the world, seem to indicate that our consciousness has a small effect on these QRNG's during major world events.

The theory behind this is that when a major event happens it will cause many of us to feel the same emotions and our minds become "synchronized" for a period of time. In some weird way this causes the numbers to go from being random to structured. The effect is extremely small but overall the probability is less than one in a billion that the effect is due to chance. If this is a real effect, it could have something to do with the nature of consciousness and quantum mechanics, like a collapsing of the wave-function or something similar.

However more interesting is the fact that when a major event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, the QRNG's appear to react minutes or even hours before the actual event takes place. Many people have attempted to use this mechanism to predict when the next major world event is about to happen. But this mechanism is rather useless if we can't tell what the event will be. All we see is a tiny blip in the graph which may or may not be something worth paying attention to. The effect only becomes statistically considerable when you analyze years worth of data.

So at the end of the day it's not a very reliable tool for predicting the future because it doesn't provide us with any specific details about upcoming events and anything it does tell us is not really worth betting on. This experiment takes this concept a step further and uses the predictive power of the human mind directly, instead of indirectly through the QRNG's. If RV methods are truly as powerful as their proponents claim they are, by using the power of thousands of minds all around the world we should be able to gain deep insight into major future events.

edit on 15/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I did it

Was kinda run if im honest. I am on the fence on wether all this is possible or not. But I majorly respect you for what your doing here and I hope something truly amazing comes from it!!

As said I am on the fence of remote viewing, I will not deny it but I cannot confirm it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Thank you for participating. Every piece of data helps! I have personally tried a few simple RV tasks like viewing a hidden image and stuff like that. At first it didn't really seem to work but I've recently started to get some very interesting or coincidental results. Either way I'm not fully convinced yet but that's exactly what this experiment is designed to discover. It seems to me that as individuals it's hard to determine any true effect, but as a mass group it's much easier.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Its late today,
I will go through your site and try it tomorrow, Though I am not very good at it.
for whats it worth, I do know that remote viewing does work, my father can do so very well.
However he will not participate in anything like this.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshwarchand777

I will go through your site and try it tomorrow, Though I am not very good at it.

It doesn't matter how good or bad you think you are at remote viewing, there is no "right" or "wrong" answers. It's important to remember that. Don't put pressure on yourself to get it "right", just go into it not caring about how well you do.

for whats it worth, I do know that remote viewing does work, my father can do so very well.
However he will not participate in anything like this.

Oh well that doesn't really matter. We don't need professionals to participate, as a group we are much more powerful than any single professional, and that's the point. Assuming RV is real of course.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Me too, just done it although not easy to type with one hand and click to next column with the other.

Looking forward to the results

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I'm pretty sure you can just hit the enter/return key to go to the next step. It works in my Firefox browser anyway but it may not work in all web browsers.

Also folks, remember not to use a mobile device to do this experiment, you should be using a mouse and keyboard.

EDIT: or did you mean selecting the next word box? In that case you should be able to hit the tab key to do that.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Looking forward to the results

By the way I should mention that I'm waiting for about 5000 submissions before ending the experiment and making the data public. However if it appears to be taking too long to reach that number I will probably settle for 1 or 2 thousand submissions. The latest target year in the experiment is 2020, so with only 1000 submissions I should still have about 30 submissions for each quarter of every year. But with 5000 submissions I'll have over 150 for each quarter and that's much more reasonable for analysis and drawing conclusions.
edit on 15/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling mistakes

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Rodinus

I'm pretty sure you can just hit the enter/return key to go to the next step. It works in my Firefox browser anyway but it may not work in all web browsers.

Also folks, remember not to use a mobile device to do this experiment, you should be using a mouse and keyboard.

EIT: or did you mean selecting the next word box? In that case you should be able to hit the tab key to do that.

Thanks Chaotic,

Yes it was a selecting next word box issue, but i may have a glitch on my computer, the essential is that i got most of those boxes filled in

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It's important for people here to participate in this. Here's hoping the #s come quickly, so you can get the results sorted. I'll not talk about methods of sharing the data, as that's for the ideas thread probably. But hopefully a current quarter's data isn't revealed until the 1st day of thenext! Well, I gues I talked about methods. Sorry for not being able to contain it.
Thanks for making the site.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kkrattiger

We can disregard that other idea thread and continue any and all discussion within this thread. That will just help keep everything neatly in one spot so I don't have to continue keeping an eye on both threads.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow this is pretty amazing, out of the 37 submissions so far (the 1st one is mine) only one of them is for a quarter in 2020. Considering that the target dates are generated randomly there's a fairly low chance of that happening. But in any case that's not related to the experiment, I just found it weird.

I also hate to ask for flags, but I would appreciate all the flags I can get because if this thread makes it into one of the top thread lists I can get a lot more data much quicker because it will generate much more exposure for this thread if that happens. So if you like this thread or the concept show the love.

Anyhow, it's getting quite late where I am so I had better get a bit of sleep. I'll check back on this thread later to see how it's going. So far I'm very happy with the level of participation, it more than I expected to see. At this rate it will only be a few weeks before I've collected enough data for analysis.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Did it but apparently I think/respond too slow I only got 3 out of 4 a couple of times.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea! I will share it on my blog - I'm sure you would approve. I'll try it, too

AngelicView~

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Hello CO,

I went to your site and participated. It was interesting. I got a definite scene in my head, but who knows?
Very good idea. I don't know that I was in any kind of RV state - just thinking. It could ALL be metaphor, however, which is how it goes sometimes... I haven't tested this ability or lack thereof in myself, so hopefully I've contributed something useful...
Thanks!
- AB

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

How do you know you're not just letting your imagination run wild, I like the idea of remote viewing but the results are vague and are open to abuse.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

very interesting, just done it. Will be interested in the results.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

i did it too.
it was for the Q4 of 2019. ...... so many things can happen till then

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
While I applaud your ambition I think your methodology may need a bit of tweaking.
First a good target has no front loading. Meaning the viewer has no idea what they are going to be looking at.
By saying "the target is a major event/first quarter of 2020" the imagination kicks in.
The only front loading that should be given is "The target is an event, describe the event"
or "The target is a location, Describe the location"
Make your internal tasking "Major news event of last Quarter of 2013" and then give it a target ID of 6 random numbers like "456889"
The viewer just gets the numbers and they have no idea what the target is.

Also throw in random control targets of present real world places and events like the Grand canyon, the Utah Arch, The Washington Monument etc, and let the viewers know that not all targets are future based. That keeps their imaginations from running wild.It also lets you see how they do on something that is real and already exists.

Second I think you need to scale back a bit. First start off with targets that have a tasking of
"Major news event, week of April 14 to April 20th, 2013"
Then the tasking for the viewer is ""The target is an event, describe the event"

That way you can get feedback sooner and see if people are even on track. Second once you know if people can be fairly accurate a week out expand it to two weeks, 1 month etc.

Also the subconsciousness is, in some ways, like a two year old. It wants satisfaction fairly soon after doing a session. This way people will get some feedback with in a few weeks.

Also try to target an event that you know will happen. Like the outcome of a football game or a building that is going to be demolished. See if any one can describe the building correctly before and after it is torn down without knowing what they are going to be viewing.

Keep in mind also any information from the future will always be out of context. If it's proper RV session you will only have bit's and pieces of data. Not an entire story. Imagine traveling back in time and handing someone from the 14th century a news paper. They will have no context for any of the information. A RV session is like that, someone can tell you what an event looks like but not where or when.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I got a definite scene in my head

Well according to the "professionals" a clear scene in your head is usually bunk. As I said it's important not to imagine the event in your mind, just let the words flow from the back of your head without thinking about what the words mean.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join