It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry has called Bush to Concede

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
It's over!!
Thank God....

So, next 4 years we shall see weaker $, weaker US economy, stronger euro, stronger EU influence in the world, more wars, more terrorist attacks, 2 maybe 3 new Michael Moore books and one or two documentaries, and 4 more years of hilarious John Stewart show

AWSOME! Finally I can start to travel to the states on vacation and still get my moneys worth!

This next 4 years is going to be awsome for those of us that would like to see the states take a couple steps down on the old ladder (at least on the money value ladder).....How could you guys allow Bush to be re-elected if you know whats good for you (general question)? Worse what does this say about the Democrats? I would think this is not just a big blow, but almost a "finishing move" as a video gamers would say.

Im not surprised, I called this outcome, but my God... I didn't think I would accually be right.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Double Post, I sux!

[edit on 11/3/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why is it that last night and still today FOX news website says Bush has 269 Electoral votes, yet everyone else says 254?

And yes, it will be a pretty dismal 4 years, but there is always hope for an impeachment. Hopefully Bush will get caught redhanded in one of his scemes. Or at the very least he will have to clean up his own mess (at our expense and his profit).

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was thinking of buying a new car in a few weeks. Now that G.W. has been reelected maybe I'll wait a few months till the economy gets bad enough for 0% financing again

[edit on 11/3/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
I was thinking of buying a new car in a few weeks. [edit on 11/3/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

Spare a thought for the less fortunate who may be getting hold of old ones to sleep in soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Why is it that last night and still today FOX news website says Bush has 269 Electoral votes, yet everyone else says 254?

Because Fox and NBC gave Ohio to Bush (20) but not Nevada (5).

Basically all networks were waiting for Kerry to concede.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That's a joke, MA. Seems all the non-Bush supporters are pretty glum today, me included.

Besides, new car or not, I won't be able to drive it anyway under Marshall Law!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So who is right? Or who is making more of an assumption?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
WEll, george Bush won. No florida debacle (thank god) and hmmm, where is the martial law. I guess the only thing that I can say to a Kerry supporter, is there are 53000000 million ignaorant Americans out there who felt that GW was the man to have. However, dems now have another 4 years to blame everything on Bush, so they should still be happy. Al least they will continue to ahve somethign to bit,er,gripe about for 4 more years. Very exciting election and the weeks prior were some for the books. And please remember that your vote counted, if you voted for KErry do not feel you wasted your vote, but you tried to change the nation to be the way you wanted.

NOw, lets invade Iraq, Syria and NK and get the ball rolling

[edit on 3-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
They were all correct, Bush did indeed win Nevada and Ohio..as well as Iowa and New mexico. They just chose different ways of calling states, but not putting Bush over the top until kerry conceded. (for whatever reason).

Final electoral tally

Bush 286
Kerry 252

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm getting tired of hearing Americans referred to as idiots. Whether you like it or not, most Americans know exactly what they've done and no single president is going to remove the US's status as the ONLY HYPERPOWER IN THE WORLD. The gap between the US and everyone else is MASSIVE, so don't get your hopes up just yet. The American people have made their decision and some of you might not like us for that, but with the way many of you speak about us... many are starting to find it difficult to care what you think. I didn't vote for Bush and I hope he changes some things this time around, but I certainly don't think that the general public here are any more ignorant than anywhere else in the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What a pathetic joke this whole process is. Heh, atleast I won the bet with my friend for that soda. Glad I didn't waste my time...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Kerry and Edwards has just come on stage to give the consession speech

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All I can say is Thank God for the two term limit.
Hope the world can last that long.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well i've maintained this position from the beginning, and im sticking to it...If Bush wins then he cheated. I mean seriously how could this happen??? WTF. This is the worst president we have ever had, you would think that there would be a huge surge of voting to oust his sorry ass. It must be the diebold made election machines, probably counting every other kerry vote for bush or something. Well looks like its time for either one of two things:
1) (Peaceful) Revolution...Lets face it our system has gotten out of control and needs to be reigned in. I don't think that we the people are properly having our voices heard in government. There needs to be massive, yet well thought out reform in all branches, which is highly unlikely to be achieved without some sort of prodding from the people.
2) If option one is too radical, we at least need a country-wide march for the impeachment of bush. I mean come on, he launched an illegal war, lied to congress, and can't even deliver sentences that would pass for a second grader. If clinton could be impeached for getting a bj, don't you think bush could be impeached for a lie that led to the deaths of 100,000 iraqies and 1000 american soldiers. "Support the troops", isn't that what all the republicans say (a meaningless phrase by the way), well support the troops, impeach the president that is sending them to their deaths for the profit of the elite.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
All I can say is Thank God for the two term limit.
Hope the world can last that long.

What if Jeb decides to run? What if he has two terms also? I'm kinda bummed Kerry lost, I hope Bush can turn things around or else, I'm going to Mexico... where the government is more corrupt... and messed up... wow, I really did not get a good deal in gov't being Mexican-American

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am not one to speak highly of Kerry, but I commend Kerry for conceding and in the manner he did. It was a close vote; we could have seen lawsuits and recounts for months to come, another FL. Had either side done such the country would be even more polarized. I give John Kerry credit for losing like winner and look forward to healing the wounds an election can cause

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Interesting Bush wins a? I see alot of reqruitment oportunities, for someone in the midle east.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think it's wonderful that Kerry conceded without a fight, or counting all of the ballots in Ohio, or waiting for every absontee ballot to come in. It is particularly refreshing to know that the president can actually win an election fair and square even though Foreign monitors were banned from polling places, the ceo of the company Diebold( the ones who sold Ohio thier voting machines) is a die hard Bush supporter, and reports are coming out that voting machines used by one third of voters were prone to error. This experiance has taught me one great thing, to have faith that the system will always find a way to dissapoint me.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
For all of those who keep suggesting that this election was fixed...
what if... almost all if not all elections are fixed, and due to increased technology, better education and all around better access to information we are finally waking up from the fantasy in which we were all born and raised. I'd be more willing to believe that than I would be willing to believe that now (at a time when corruption is most easily recognized) politicians finally decided to start using such tactics. People are willing to believe that we're all living inside of a giant freakin' video game, yet they're not willing to accept the idea that our system may have always been a sham. Now that's entertaining and a bit frightening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join