It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry has called Bush to Concede

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
According to both AP and NBC, John Kerry has called President Bush to conceded the election. The call lasted around 5 minutes. Kerry is expected to address his supporters later today.

WASHINGTON - President Bush won a second term from a divided and anxious nation, his promise of steady, strong wartime leadership trumping John Kerry's fresh-start approach to Iraq and joblessness. After a long, tense night of vote counting, the Democrat called Bush Wednesday to concede Ohio and the presidency, The Associated Press learned.

Kerry ended his quest, concluding one of the most expensive and bitterly contested races on record, with a call to the president shortly after 11 a.m. EST, according to two officials familiar with the conversation.

The victory gave Bush four more years to pursue the war on terror and a conservative, tax-cutting agenda and probably the opportunity to name one or more justices to an aging Supreme Court.

He also will preside over expanded Republican majorities in Congress.

"Congratulations, Mr. President," Kerry said in the conversation described by sources as lasting less than five minutes. One of the sources was Republican, the other a Democrat.

The Democratic source said Bush called Kerry a worthy, tough and honorable opponent. Kerry told Bush the country was too divided, the source said, and Bush agreed. "We really have to do something about it," Kerry said according to the Democratic official.

Kerry Calls Bush

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 11/3/04 by FredT]

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Not that it really matters. Not like they stop counting votes when one of them concedes, it's just a formality. Bush or Kerry could 'concede' and then win, and nothing would happen.

EDIT: Whoops, I read that as Kerry calling for Bush to concede. Ignore me (if you already don't do that)

[edit on 11-3-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Its showing up on the Web slowly, I am sure more details will follow soon but guess what Bush Won!!!!.

Now that I have got that out of my system we can go back to business as normal around here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Esoterica

Agreed, but what it tells you is that kerry's polsters have look at the situation and have deemed in unwinable.

Sorry about the lack of details, but AP is down at this point.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
FredT - you beat me by less than one minute ..
posted on 11-3-2004 at 04:14 Post Number: 924657 (post id: 945351)
(submission) (alert) AP Reporting that Kerry concedes

Fast breaking news on FOX and AP on line shows that Kerry has called President Bush and has conceded the election.

I concede to you.

link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Now that I have got that out of my system we can go back to business as normal around here.

Sounds like you were just appointed site administrator.

Congratulations!

link   
Yeah..perhaps Esoterica, but Kerry will make a national announcement at 1-1:30pm.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Congratulations to President Bush and the Republican Party.

Best wishes to Senator Kerry and his supporters.

BTW - IS Sen. Kerry, still a Senator ? He didn't have to give up his job to run for the presidency right ?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wonder how many bar fights there will be tonight; lots of republicans at the bars to celebrate, lots of democrats there to drown their sorrows. You may commence jackboot licking at lesisure.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Great, here we go again. As if 4 years wasn't enough.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Did Kerry make the call at 11:11? Hmmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's over!!
Thank God....

So, next 4 years we shall see weaker $, weaker US economy, stronger euro, stronger EU influence in the world, more wars, more terrorist attacks, 2 maybe 3 new Michael Moore books and one or two documentaries, and 4 more years of hilarious John Stewart show

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
It's over!!
Thank God....

So, next 4 years we shall see weaker $, weaker US economy, stronger euro, stronger EU influence in the world, more wars, more terrorist attacks, 2 maybe 3 new Michael Moore books and one or two documentaries, and 4 more years of hilarious John Stewart show

Weaker $ means stronger exports and might prop up the economy

I'll try to forget about all the bad thing Bush will continue doing while in the office, and concentrate on the bright side -- John Stewart and ... I hope Eminem makes even better clips than the Mosh, which I liked quite a bit.

Let's sit this one out.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cblue
Did Kerry make the call at 11:11? Hmmmmmmmm

Are you saying or insinuating that Kerry hasn't or didn't make such a call?
Might want to google around and see that indeed Mr. Kerry has done such...conceded....the exact time is irrelevant.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Seekerof, I think that the time, 11:11, has something to do with that weird conspiracy that pops up from time to time... I can't quite remember what it was, something about opening doors to another dimension at exactly 11:11... or not...

Anyways, it is quite a weird thing.

let me google it....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I voted for Gearge Sr twice and I voted for Jr once. I didnt make that mistake again yesterday. Unfortunatly my vote didnt make any difference. I hope our kids have good aim and great Kevlar armor my friends, cause things are going to get real ugly in the world. I just hope we all survive the next 4 years...

I am packing up my family and moving to the Moon...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
BTW - IS Sen. Kerry, still a Senator ? He didn't have to give up his job to run for the presidency right ?

Kerry still is, but I don't think Edwards is? I may be wrong though

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by elevatedone

Kerry still is, but I don't think Edwards is? I may be wrong though

Edwards vacated his Senate seat which was won by a republican last night, sorry I cannot remember the name, but he beat CLinton's friend Bowles...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Edwards is out of a job.

But don't cry for him. He's got 100 million in the bank from chasing ambulances and abusing the system.

Nice hair, though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join