It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Investing $50 Billion In Its (Very Ambitious) Space Program

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
And that means that they are going to contact UFO guys and turn American people into slaves.
No need. The bama regime has that handled.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

And that means that they are going to contact UFO guys and turn American people into slaves.

Damn if that is true then you are a part of some inner circles, my friend.

Do you have any documents to prove this?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I do believe fully that there is no question the US would never stand for Russia having a moon base.

What a strange comment. Surely you don't believe that the USA owns the Moon?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Fair play to Russia. We need to explore space more.

I wonder if they go to the moon or mars first? I hope it happens in my life time.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
USA, RUSSIA, China, India and EU shoukd all work together to build deep space infrastructure. Start with asteroid mining to fund the next stage asteroid colonies, along with conversion of smaller asteroids into moblie space stations. No need to asymbol large ships in orbit by lauching resources into space when you can just carve asteroids into your space ships. Next haul a large asteroid like ceres which also likely has water into orbit around mars such tgat is causes tidle pulling on Mars to wake up its core which hopefully would heat the planet. If mars lacks plant life, once she is warmed up it would be time to get oxygen prodecing plants growing.

After we gave space mining paying for itself it would be time to build moon and mars colonies and on any other moons ir rocks were conditions allow.

Lastly, figure out how to harvest anti matter that is being natural created in abundance in Earths' jupitor and Saturns atmosphere's for use in creating advanced propulsion to visit other stars. If we start now we might become an interstellar race in 2000 years or less and humanity can survive anything catastrophic that happens on earth.

This plan is doable if all above use large portion of military budgets to advance humanity instead of making more ways to destroy us.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

That plan would work fine but theres one small part holding it back......... Politicians. They just don't see space exploration in the same light as the rest of us. If they really wanted to continue the human race for another 2000+ years they would be working on this now.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Awesome! Space exploration should not be looked at as science with borders. We as a species should be doing this kind of science together. In fact, we should be doing a lot of things together. It's annoying watching the people of this planet work against each other instead of together. If we were working together and cared about each other we'd be doing amazing things.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
At least this will stop the NASA budget cuts. Time to get off the lazy butt and do some work... and nothing says it like some competition.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Thank you very much for sharing this! It is indeed good news!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
At least this will stop the NASA budget cuts. Time to get off the lazy butt and do some work... and nothing says it like some competition.

Hah, we can only hope. If I'm not mistaken, some of the money cut from the NASA was given back already.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Awesome! Space exploration should not be looked at as science with borders. We as a species should be doing this kind of science together. In fact, we should be doing a lot of things together. It's annoying watching the people of this planet work against each other instead of together. If we were working together and cared about each other we'd be doing amazing things.

Too bad we didn't evolve a hivemind, huh?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

I was joking based on illusions.

But you can test it as I say.

Try to believe in god and follow what church tells you to be. I mean study for yourself.

Then see what you will get.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I was joking based on illusions.

But you can test it as I say.

Try to believe in god and follow what church tells you to be. I mean study for yourself.

Then see what you will get.

No frickin crap, buddy.

Oh, and I have been a christian since birth, and have had many years to realize
what horsecrap christianity or any other Mono-theistic religions are!

Seriously, going to church all those years was a waste of time.
The only thing about christianity that I could appreciate is how
cool Jesus was and his teachings.
The rest is just horsesh!t.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

They call you a heretic. Or they discuss quite harshly how you are dressed. Never according to scripture,just the local accepted value.
My faith is too important for a church. God usually thumps me when I screw up and he hasn't killed me yet,so I guess we'll all figure it out when we are dead.In the mean time politeness counts.

I too applaud the Russian program,I always thought whatever country explored space all would learn,but I guess not us.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Many people go to Church or Mosque , but they worship everything but god.

And when they come back , they mind everything but what god says.

So , it is not enough to even go to church or mosque.

And it is not enough being born in a Christian , Jew or Muslims family in the first place.

The only thing about christianity that I could appreciate is how cool Jesus was and his teachings.

So, you better keep up digging in that direction and don't give it up for other wrong things.
edit on 20-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Russia is going to spend some money on space. Awesome. I wonder. They say they want to go to Mars and build a Moon Base. Awesome. It's not like they have to research a lot of stuff there. It's been done. The Mars thing is kind of confusing. Why? Why would anyone spend another single penny on Mars? I thought the Russians might be a little more pragmatic about how to spend they're space bucks. The Moon? That is a FANTASTIC idea! A moon base? SMART!

The U.S. space program has DEEP, DEEP issues. They definitely need to have they're funding cut. Why? It's the only way to get them to STOP focusing on Mars! How many 'Rovers' are we going to waste money on? I understand they want to send another one. I wonder why we don't have any money for manned space flight, and now I know. The amount of money WASTED on 'science' by NASA is STAGGERING! and STUPID.

Mars. It's dead. Was dead. Will always be dead. I think they found that out, from the first rover they sent. What we do know about Mars, it's one giant money pit for NASA. The ultimate waste of our space bucks.

How about a project to build a real space ship, and not a ballistic object? I don't know. We are going to need that kind of stuff eventually. How about a lot LESS 'science' and a little more 'engineering'? Because the people that run NASA are as STUPID as the people that run the Feral Government. Never thought I'd see the day when China had far superior manned space flight capability than the U.S., but it's true. They do!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is merely a propaganda. No one in Russia believe this chat anymore. If you hear something related to military investment in Russia you can be pretty sure that 9/10 of money is destined to be stolen/used as bribes etc. The remaining part is to be used on some colorful paperwork with no real result.

The same applies to pretty everything in modern Russia.
edit on 21-4-2013 by tabm1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

And it is not enough being born in a Christian , Jew or Muslims family in the first place.

The only thing about christianity that I could appreciate is how cool Jesus was and his teachings.

So, you better keep up digging in that direction and don't give it up for other wrong things.

I never gave up on god, I only gave up on the religions that worship god.

Jesus himself said that the Kingdon of God isn't inside churches but inside the human heart.

I have given up on the fraternities of this planet that tell me how to worship or what is important.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I never gave up on god, I only gave up on the religions that worship god.

Jesus himself said that the Kingdon of God isn't inside churches but inside the human heart.

I have given up on the fraternities of this planet that tell me how to worship or what is important.

I know it is hard to find the truth in religion when GW Bush said "god told me to invade Iraq".

But I do believe that we can find our path if we ask him.

peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

You do realize that Science and Engineering go hand in had I would hope. I'm an engineer myself and without science to base the engineering on, it would be more like "The Three Stoogies Build A Rocket"

So you feel that NASA/JPL is "wasting" money on science, and that they should be spending their budget (which is right now at 0.48% of the total federal budget right now) on building a spaceship.

Okay. What KIND of spaceship? You do realize that before you "build" a spaceship, you need to figure out just where you're going to send it, so that you'll know how to build it, right?

You also realize, I really hope you do, that a lot of the probes we've sent out to do all that nasty "science" that you are griping about, have done a LOT of engineering too that help us learn how to build space ships:

Aerobreaking.
Gravity sling shots.
Soft landings
Balloon landings
Sky Cranes.

Or would you rather we had just slapped a rocket together, stuffed some humans in it, and said: "Hope to god this works, we've never tried it, and there is nothing we will be able to do to save you. Your wills are up to date, right?"

Why Mars? Why not? Ask yourself this:
"Of all the planets, save Earth, that we'd want to send people to, which ones should we?"

Mercury: It's a very hot/cold barren ball of rock. Because it's so close to the sun, it takes us YEARS to get there, as Mercury is slinging around the sun much, much faster than Earth. We have to speed up any craft quite a bit to get to it and get into orbit around it.

In 1998, a study detailed a proposed mission to send an orbiting spacecraft to Mercury, as the planet was at that point the least-explored of the inner planets. In the years following the Mariner 10 mission, subsequent mission proposals to revisit Mercury had appeared too costly, requiring large quantities of propellant and a heavy lift launch vehicle. Moreover, inserting a spacecraft into orbit around Mercury is difficult, because a probe approaching on a direct path from Earth would be accelerated by the Sun's gravity and pass Mercury far too quickly to orbit it. However, using a trajectory designed by Chen-wan Yen in 1985, the study showed it was possible to seek a Discovery-class mission by using multiple, consecutive gravity assist, 'swingby' maneuvers around Venus and Mercury, in combination with minor propulsive trajectory corrections, to gradually slow the spacecraft and thereby minimize propellant needs

Source

Venus: besides the same problem as above with getting there, the only things our astronauts would be able to do there right now is fly by it. They're not going to be able to land and walk around, as the environment on Venus is too harsh for the suits we have (or any landing craft for that mater).
There was a Manned Venus Flyby proposal for a launch in 1973, that would have taken a year for the Astronauts to do.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune: These would be very long voyages, some very long, and they would not be landing there of course being Gas and Ice giants.
There would be their moons to explore......but at what cost in fuel, air, water, food.....all things that a probe does not need.

Mars. Mars has potential. While neither you nor I could walk out of a lander in shorts and a T shirt, our current space suits can handle it. The logistics of setting up a base or colony there is actually not beyond our current technology level. A manned mission would cost a lot more than probes and rovers, but is not beyond the ability of us humans at this point.

Dead? I don't know if I would call it "Dead". It may not be covered with oceans and forests with animals....but at one time in it's past it did have a lot more water and atmosphere than it does now. For all we know, there are pockets of life (even if it's just microbes) that exist their still.

Go to another star: At our current level of technology that we have, it would take a very long time to get there. You'd be dead when it got there....and that's if we (the entire planet) spent a impossible amount of resources building this interstellar ship that would take generations to get to even the closest star, which so far has planet that's way too close to it's star to support life as we know it (meaning it would be a one way trip).

Planets that we've discovered so far that might have life as we know it (being in the "Green" zone) (discovered by that nasty "Science" you hate) are hundreds and over a thousand light years away......

So again, what kind of ship do you want them to build and where do you want it to go? On a budget that is a shadow of it's former glory from the 1960's?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join