It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey "Osama Bin Laden" oooooooooops.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well looks like Bin Laden's plan backfired for the most part. The Northeast ran scared and voted for Kerry as well as California and the west coast, The Great Lakes region closest to the Canadian border as well went Kerry.

Notice something here, NY & up is a target, California & up is a target, Border security in Great Lake region is a target.

Now, you all let Bin Laden know who is scared and who is not. Your safety was to be in the blue as to Bin Ladens tape. Well IMHO I think you all just let Bin Laden no where to attack again, If your scared , he can continue to attack you because" once something fears something it normally always fears it meaning he knows now what states will not fight back.

I think he was hoping more people would be scared but that back fired and the cowboy seems to still have control.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I disagree. Osama clearly stated that it didn't matter who was President of this country, Kerry or Bush, he didn't care less, we were going to be targets for their attacks, until mideast policies changes, which regardless of who would have won the elections wouldn't have changed either.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wake up bro, bin laden comes out the weekend before the election and endorse a candidate? After three years? And you don't smell that?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Well looks like Bin Laden's plan backfired for the most part. The Northeast ran scared and voted for Kerry as well as California and the west coast, The Great Lakes region closest to the Canadian border as well went Kerry.

Notice something here, NY & up is a target, California & up is a target, Border security in Great Lake region is a target.

Now, you all let Bin Laden know who is scared and who is not. Your safety was to be in the blue as to Bin Ladens tape. Well IMHO I think you all just let Bin Laden no where to attack again, If your scared , he can continue to attack you because" once something fears something it normally always fears it meaning he knows now what states will not fight back.

I think he was hoping more people would be scared but that back fired and the cowboy seems to still have control.

Just my thoughts.

I project idiocy contemplation is in the works here...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
worldwatcher,

Think about what he mentioned about the red states, Now think outside the box and like a terrorist. If I wanted to find out the most vunerable places in a nation I was going to attack, I would also make statements of such, Although he did say it would not be up to Bush, Kerry or Alqueda, I do disagree with that being truth other than tatical wording. Especially when this allowed him a clear perspective of our country and where the most vunerable are.

just my thoughts

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype

Just my thoughts.

No offense but look at past political elections, the states dropped pretty mush as they always have. Thinking UBL had any impact on this election through his TAPE ON FRIDAY is simply misconstrued.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
thank you dreamz for pointing out the obvious to some here, the blue states remained blue and the red states remained red. Everyone knew well in advance those states would vote democrat

When I voted Kerry, Osama Bin Laden and his threats were not on my mind and did not influence my decision to do so. The war in Iraq, the economy, healthcare and the environment played a bigger role in my decision than anything Bin Laden had to say.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
... in the past,when UBL wanted the world to put on notice, he normally turned up the rhetoric and then attack.
this message was different, almost as if he was resigned to callin' for negotiations. I found this strikingly satisfing. Too me, it rings of a man who is calling truce. Now the question is, Do you give him the chance to regroup or continue the charge?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Not only does OBL not give a rats ass who won, look at history. New York state clearly votes Dem, and has for years. Cali is more back and forth, but in recent elections, votes Dem. Most of the Great lakes states are recent Dem voters, but not as steady as NY or Cali. Just like places like Idaho and many of the Rocky States and Mid west states are primarily Republican voting states.

The outcome of this election had little or nothing to do with OBL and his terror tactics. It had to do with more people (for whatever reason) like Bush more than Kerry.

Personally, it didn't matter which one got in to me, because neither of them will do a lick of good running our country and both have things I like about them and both some things I hate about them.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
OK Ok OK, guess your all correct in a sense that history continues to replay itself over and over with what states vote what. And yes, this is only my thought and as obsurd as you all may think it is. I can almost gaurantee that if and when we are attacked again, it will happen in a blue state...not a red one.

Oh by the way, If you honestly think Osama is a stupid man, I pity you.
If I were him I now have my road map of what states i should terrorize over and over to increase spending on security which in turn will increase our deficit.

just my thoughts...... like em or not its just an opinion.

Oh yeah and the redskins lost, but just heard from wife, Kerry is conceeding to the race at 1:00 Pm.. thats never happened either.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Justmytype]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Unbelievable. You honestly think this had anything to do with OBL? Read the polling. Terrorism wasn't, for the most part, THE issue. And in my reading of the OBL transcript he didn't endorse anyone. He KNOWS what Bush is all about and was taking a wait-and-see with Kerry. But we've got Bush for 4 more. I guess we showed him, huh? To me it's like shooting yourself in the pecker to prove it doesn't hurt.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Bush wins and remains president,

Get use to seeing a lot more of Osama bin laden video tapes and voice recordings over the next 4 years.

Ok ready sheep, i'll be saying jump any minute now..

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Laden said it didn't matter who was president, just the policies in the middle east. But we already know that Bush's policy is to invade the middle east, thus Al Qaeda will definitly be planning attacks now. It doesn't mean that this wouldn't be the case with Kerry, but at least there was a possibility of the situation getting better. Not so with Bush. Hello Vietnam II.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Theres a large Native American population in Minnesota, I'm sure more than 95% supported Kerry. Every body on the Rez supported Kerry. It wasn't because we were scared of Osama's tape, we voted who we supported, plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Osama's plan works...

By indirect supporting Bush with his releas of recent video..he made sure that Bush won the election...
wich will lead to instability of the US (couse Bush is obliged to attack Iran and N.Korea with less financial resoarses) and putting the whole financial
world in destress...wat his original plan was!!!

this time he only needed one videotape to succeed.......
darker day's are growing for us.....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I live in Illinois, were Blue!!!

I have the best of both worlds, Bush won and OBL is not going to attack my state..

he he

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Osama doesn't care, and all another attack will prove is that it was not the administration that was behind it with CIA remote controlled planes and missles hitting the Pentagon.

I personally feel the tape was a trigger, and what if there are simulatneous attacks in each or the red states? This would show that we are suscpetible and weak as a nation. Am I worried, no, just still vigilant.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Isn't it kind of Ironic that NY, the state that was directly hit by the biggest terrorist attacks voted for Kerry?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Who a state votes for has no bearing on a terror attack. They attack targets that make a statement. My beliefs are that these attacks are planned out over a span of months if not years, well before any elections took place. I am from Pittsburgh about 45 minutes from where the plane in Pa went down, and I can tell you we didn't vote for Kerry there because we are scared of an attack, we voted for Kerry there because most of us are sick of Bush. So in your theory lets say that NYC and DC voted for Bush and stayed "strong and fearless" do you honestly think for one minute those states would be less of a target and off the hit list. What do you think would scare people more an attack on the pentagon or lets say an attack on a farm in Montana? Who states for make no difference in a terroirists mind, its what kind of attack would instill fear in people more. Hitting a target such as DC or NYC would scare far more people than an attack in the middile of nowhere. NYC and the whole northeast will remain a target no matter what, thats where the heart and soul of america are. It's also a hell of a lot easier to attack those states because of the vast ammount of people there. People are less likely to notice that someone is scoping the place out. Hell all al quaida really has to do is insert their operatives in all the 7 elevens and sunocos and attack us from there. All im tryin to say is those states will be a target no matter what because of the impact it will have on the country and because it will be easier to pull off with all the people there.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
Isn't it kind of Ironic that NY, the state that was directly hit by the biggest terrorist attacks voted for Kerry?

I would choose "telling" over ironic, I think.

Of course, you could also argue that it's just simple partisan politics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join