It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see animated sequences when eyes are closed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would look into something called Charles Bonnet Syndrome. Its symptoms are supposed to be somewhat similar to what you described.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I suppose another thing I could add, which I mentioned in another thread, is that I also see a motion when I'm relaxed enough that looks absolutely exactly like a radar sweep going in a circle, with the fading and all behind the sweep going around. It's more subtle than looking at a radar screen with a clean green light sweeping around but it's exactly the form it takes. Instead of bright green it's just another shade of dark red as my eyes are closed. Won't happen unless i'm very relaxed though.

These posts are interesting. Makes me curious how the brain does all these things, whether it's a medical condition or what.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
I suppose another thing I could add, which I mentioned in another thread, is that I also see a motion when I'm relaxed enough that looks absolutely exactly like a radar sweep going in a circle, with the fading and all behind the sweep going around. It's more subtle than looking at a radar screen with a clean green light sweeping around but it's exactly the form it takes. Instead of bright green it's just another shade of dark red as my eyes are closed. Won't happen unless i'm very relaxed though.

These posts are interesting. Makes me curious how the brain does all these things, whether it's a medical condition or what.

I dont think its medical spaceman. I have seen things eyes open then I am directed to go "SIT DOWN" (never driving a car). I watch geometric shapes transform and change eyes closed. If observing this eyes open everything around the forms (real) are distorted, it is basic messaging and have yet to understand it. Crop circle recognition comes close to this experience, the geometry resonates on a very deep level. It has to involve a private key to/of awakening, very personalized. When it happens I pay close attention as the images/forms are not of this world, nor are the colors that are not of this world at all.
edit on 16-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Don't know if it is normal, paranormal or some condition but it is for sure fun and cool. I have closed eyes hallucionations since i can remember but they are most vivid when i am going trough rough patches.

I can see coulers and images almost always (images are most often eyes or faces and with little more concentration geometric shapes) but sometimes i see bouble coming and if focus on it becomes wider and wider and i can see things moving inside it, like watching cartoon. Once it seemed so real that i got scared of getting draged into it.

Binaural beats and music (especially psychodelia) seem to help it.

And one more thing that i noticed if i see lets say blue dot in middle even if i move my head it will stay at same position i mean if it is at center and i move my head left it will be at far right of my vision specter after i move head

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have always used this phenomena to help me sleep at night, even as a child. When I finally started asking friends and family if they do this, they thought I was nuts! Oh well.. Anyway, my phone is not allowing me to post a link, but look up "closed-eye hallucinations" in your search engine and click on Wikipedia. There is actually a good bit of information and even the various levels of this occurance. I usually see full color faces, people, places, etc. I'm only just beginning to learn about it, and why it happens. It's interesting reading of cultural beliefs regarding this phenomena... Anyway, good luck to you, and enjoy!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

What you have described is very interesting - it happens here too. Most people are too busy with thoughts all of the time and not many would be able to just see what is in front of their eyes because they are focused in the thought stream.
When I lay down at night to sleep I don't have thoughts and I stare into the dark - I say dark but it is not really 'dark' (eyes shut in dark room) - then pictures do start appearing. I was watching once and the moving patterns became clearer and it was a hummingbird eating out of a flower - amazing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The wiring of the brain is so that it constantly generates 'noise'. With your eyes closed, the only input your visual system gets is that noise, which your brain then does it's best to try and make sense of. And like pareidolia, the noise is interpreted as random images or sequences.

Alternatively; it may be your anteriorposteriorquasitransdimensional-fluoride/general-heavy-metal ion-absorption activator-gland acting up, producing excessive amounts of trimethylbenzoephenylglycinetryptamine ethyl esters. Typically, a minimum of 8,5h/day of sungazing is indicated, but recommended against since the possibility of individual action against the estabilishment due to over stimulated anti-authoritarian hyperconsciousness.

Your call.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

Eyelid movies are very common under the influence of hallucinogens. One can see the darnedest things -- or so I hear.

I sometimes see residual images after I close my eyes, but not animation or stick figures. Are you looking at particular images before closing your eyes when you experience this phenomenon of yours?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds
I would look into something called Charles Bonnet Syndrome. Its symptoms are supposed to be somewhat similar to what you described.

This was my first thought too. I think the OP should get it checked out by a doctor. I first came across this syndrome in a book by Oliver Sachs called The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat (well worth a read). It's more common in elderly people. It's not a mental condition but is caused by damage to the eyes or optical pathways.
edit on 17/4/2013 by MarrsAttax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Do the images move together with your head movements? Then logically those are not extrasensory visions or anything. I saw faces and monsters when I was little. Now i do too, just before falling asleep and everything. May be a transition to the astral planes or something. I do also see "energy" in the air. No, not those eye floaters, but a kind of background buzz.

I once played CS:S-Zombie Mod for 20 hours, and then, when I closed my eyes, my brain literally(!) generated random maps "in my head" when I had my eyes closed and I could see the gameplay clear as day.. then I went outside and I saw zombie claws in the leaves of trees :| That was scary and a long time ago.

Are you, by any chance, a gamer?
edit on 17-4-2013 by LatvianGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
]Originally posted by MarrsAttax

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds

marrsattax
This was my first thought too. I think the OP should get it checked out by a doctor. I first came across this syndrome in a book by Oliver Sachs called The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat (well worth a read). It's more common in elderly people. It's not a mental condition but is caused by damage to the eyes or optical pathways.

Stop it. You allopathic people always running for the stethiscope or earmometer rangerdanger mircoscope at one small observance different (uniquely different THEMSELVES) Have you heard of anything called "frequency raising", or this "you do not have to cut your arm off because you somehow papercutted your little finger or a standersby, get them them all in could be dangerous contamination. There are interesting things happening for a variety of people, not the ones laughing at Kafka's dream about waking up as a Roach, or William Burroughs "Naked Lunch" his typewriter did not eat him alive (dead for years already/corpse). REAL LIFE DRAMA here.
edit on 18-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i had similiar instances but was not an inbetween sleep and wakefulness. i was always completely awake just with eyes closed... like watching a movie of people and places i had no idea of. was put on pharmaceuticals for about 7-8 months and after fully clearing my body have not had any "visions" since. could it be related to sleep agents or more evolved extrateresstrial dna?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wesalee
i had similiar instances but was not an inbetween sleep and wakefulness. i was always completely awake just with eyes closed... like watching a movie of people and places i had no idea of. was put on pharmaceuticals for about 7-8 months and after fully clearing my body have not had any "visions" since. could it be related to sleep agents or more evolved extrateresstrial dna?

I feel for you in your ignorance; as were lucid dreaming and *someone* put you on pharmaceuticals to 'cure' this. No visions no learning curve nor forward progress of your soul. What is this 'clearing of body' entail and necessity of?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sometimes whenever I'm taking a light nap, I'll see the people in the same building as me, and what they're doing, all through my eyelids or through thin walls. But they look like white energy sillowettes (forgot how to spell that last word)

Edit: I know it's really the people nearby, because it's already happened several times where they approach me and I open my eyes to see them there about to try to wake me up (family, or friends from class).
edit on 6-2-2020 by SevenBones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

Late last year, when I closed my eyes, I could "see" Moe from the 3 Stooges, pull an Uncle Fester by placing a lightbulb in his mouth, then electricity would flow into him because his hair would stand on end, and the lightbulb would glow. The whole thing was like a movie (even had a yellowish tint like old films used to).

Unlike a movie, it was 3D, I could circle around it (like bullet time from The Matrix). I could see each hair on his head in perfect detail. The "electricity" rose and fell like somebody was cranking a hand generator! I could even "hear" crackling noises!

I was the craziest thing ever! It lasted about a week. I questioned my sanity but only insane people don't question theirs so figured I was "safe".

I road the wave. I guessed it was familial related tension causing me subconscious stress but didn't really pursue it too much either.

Our brains are strange, weird, conflicted places. But it likes order and smoothness. That is why the "real woo" sticks out! Because you are not supposed to see forms or people doing everyday stuff. And you are not to look at anything else but Plato's Cave Wall and watch the happy little shadow play!

Who knows what your brain can do when confronted with non-smooth, easy to digest, realities??

My favorite tale of weirdness like that was from Phillip K Dick who claimed he saw ancient Rome superimposed over this world!

Maybe you are waking up to a wider world!!

eta: I didn't notice the date! D'oh!
edit on 6-2-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: emoji idea: Homer Simpson head slap!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Late last year, when I closed my eyes, I could "see" Moe from the 3 Stooges, pull an Uncle Fester by placing a lightbulb in his mouth, then electricity would flow into him because his hair would stand on end, and the lightbulb would glow. The whole thing was like a movie (even had a yellowish tint like old films used to).
Unlike a movie, it was 3D, I could circle around it (like bullet time from The Matrix). I could see each hair on his head in perfect detail. The "electricity" rose and fell like somebody was cranking a hand generator! I could even "hear" crackling noises!
I was the craziest thing ever! It lasted about a week. I questioned my sanity but only insane people don't question theirs so figured I was "safe".
I road the wave. I guessed it was familial related tension causing me subconscious stress but didn't really pursue it too much either.
Plato's Cave Wall and watch the happy little shadow play!
Who knows what your brain can do when confronted with non-smooth, easy to digest, realities??
My favorite tale of weirdness like that was from Phillip K Dick who claimed he saw ancient Rome superimposed over this world!
Maybe you are waking up to a wider world!!

I wanted to visit the "entity" known (individualized personality) as Earth and ask questions regarding IT's possible perceived betrayal/abuse by humankind. I traveled deep into the bowels/center of this planet. The entity residing there (I met) was Edith of "Archie Bunker" fame. I could not believe it; but this was my truth. In that high pitched nasal New Jersey voice spoke as eloquently as any statesman regarding her forgiveness of our ignorance as she is our sustenance; our Mother until *she is not*.
edit on 6-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
To all of you getting these closed eye visuals, I want you to try this:

1. Lay down, close your eyes
2. Instead of waiting for the visions to occur, use your inner sight and imagine yourself going somewhere. Try going somewhere familiar or somewhere you're curious about
3. Deny the visions that are popping up in your visual field, trust your inner sight

Eventually you'll be able to tune into your inner sight and functionally move within this space, as if you're seeing that location. Your brain is nothing but a radio, all you're seeing are random signals being broadcast about. Its important to tune your radio purposefully.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tykonos
Sounds like MS to me as well

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunningBull
To all of you getting these closed eye visuals, I want you to try this:

1. Lay down, close your eyes
2. Instead of waiting for the visions to occur, use your inner sight and imagine yourself going somewhere. Try going somewhere familiar or somewhere you're curious about
3. Deny the visions that are popping up in your visual field, trust your inner sight
Eventually you'll be able to tune into your inner sight and functionally move within this space, as if you're seeing that location. Your brain is nothing but a radio, all you're seeing are random signals being broadcast about. Its important to tune your radio purposefully.

I have people give me a random number they identify with to exact their location. Then I remote visit them at night. It is the same visualization technique you recommend; and it works (like a radio frequency).
edit on 15-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I have the same experience sometimes seeing inner scenes like I'm watching a movie. Bright colors, people moving around.

Sometimes I feel I'm going to merge into the scene its so real.

I would say their visions

edit on 15-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join