It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not hungry but i should eat?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

thats the best and easiest way to lose weight also FACT

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
A lady who once lived to a fair age said.

She ate small meals and kept her self borderline full..

I hate eating and eating until your bloated. I like a empty tummy

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
Hello ats.

(I don't have a source.)

Do you eat when you aren’t hungry?

Someone in my family just said to me, “you better eat something.”
I’m not hungry. (well now i'm getting hungry after talking about food,but i wasn't @ the time.)

Who decided the human being needs to eat three meals a day? I doubt that a bear, lion or rabbit eats three times a day. I’ll bet a monkey eats when it’s hungry. So why do I as a man need to eat on a schedule?

WTH?

Is it the government or some company who set the guidelines?

I as an animal eat when I’m hungry. It’s the way it should be and I’ll be damned if some arrogant son of a bitch decides when or what I should eat.

That is all I have 4 now.

Peace.
edit on 14-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

i came to the same conclusion a few years back... and i started eating one big meal at the end of the day and eating peanuts and dried fruit and other snacks all day long.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its not about how many meals you eat(which is good), its about how much you consume per eating.

Obviously this include over consumption of, heavy saturated/trans fat, excess carbs.

You body is like a car engine, it needs to be fed consistently, eating too much would put the excess in reserves, aka body fat(over time). Eating small food keep the engine going and addition of Fibers slows down the consumption of the food, so your engine lasts longer without overeating.
edit on 4/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You do need to listen to your body but hunger is not an accurate reading on when to eat.

The body has a way of protecting itself when in pain it sends out endorphines troughout the body.
After a few days your body will no longer feel hungry because it is drugged up on endorphines.
Dying of starvation is actually described as the best way to die as by the end you are high on your own drugs.

I have experimented a lot with food with the amount and timing and started out with the believe that 6 small meals a day were the best with a total amount of 2500 to 3000 calories a day.
Basically stuffing myself all day long.

The timing was also important as nutrionists and health/muscle magazines say you should eat every 2 to 3 hours.
The science being that if you do not, then you will eat your own muscles because you are lacking proper nutrition.

I have believed this for years and recently switched to intermittent fasting, meaning i have an eating window of 6 to 8 hours every day where i eat. I used to try and stuff myself with 3000 calories but even that is not necesarry.
I workout almost every day in the gym and still grow muscles even when I haven't eaten for 18 hours and only get around 1000 to 1500 calories a day.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As for the lion diet, you can follow whatever you want but you can not assume that because a certain pattern works for another species it must mean that it works for you too.

A gorilla is supermuscular but I don't see anyone else eating 20 bananas a day to grow big and strong.
Cows and bulls are very muscular as well, I don't see anyone else eating 100 pounds of grass every day either.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've always believed in eating 5 meals (or 3 meals and 2 snacks) a day. I really don't believe in "skipping" a meal because the natural tendency is to over-eat at the next one.

Some food for thought:

- The largest meal of the day should be breakfast and not dinner.
- If you're trying to gain/lose weight take your target weight and multiply it by 12. That's roughly how many calories you should be consuming.
- Never consume less than 1500 calories a day.
- Don't fall for the fad diets. Eat a balanced meal and use portion control.

Now, if only I could follow my own advice!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

B Franklin said "Eat to Live, don't Live to Eat"

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I had some in laws who ate the same thing every day of the week, that is, each day a particular menu, but every repeating day the same as last week, the week before etc, etc infinitum. Mondays were Shepard pie, Tuesdays were hamburger patties, peas and mashed potatoes, Wednesdays some other thing, I think spaghetti, and the next day the same as seven days previous. There were seven things they ate, all year long, every year. I don't know or care where they are now, but I think the only reprieve the husband got was at Thanksgiving.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The unique thing about being human is that we have a very high level of self awareness. We can choose when to eat. We can be hungry and still refuse good. We can be not hungry at all and choose to eat something as well.

So, how much do we need to eat everyday? Well, as long as we get the basic vitamins and at least 2,000 cals a day, most people should be fine. Just avoid crap food which offers little in the way of useful energy.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
People thinking I'm anorexic (just my stepdad actually, but I'm sure he wouldn't be alone in that opinion) for that very reason is one of my minor peeves. I go to bed quite late and get up around 10:30 am, and for whatever reason I'm never hungry until well after two hours after I wake up. I eat small snacks according to hunger, and we have our regularly scheduled dinner. I'm hardly starving at 1800 calories a day.

edit on 14-4-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

I go to bed at 3 am and wake up at about 9:30 or 10, and I don't eat until 3 pm. Morning I am NOT hungry. Oh but "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Yeah, my breakfast is at 3 pm!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join