It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not hungry but i should eat?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Everybody's metabolism is different. Some people need more food because of the work they do, aome need bare minimum. I eat every 2 hours, Small portions but high in protein and low in complex carbs. I look at food as MACROS now, carbs fat protein fibre. This awareness of my diet also helps me avoid bad food that are GMO, or high in sugar etc

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Pretty much how i feel.

Eat when you need to eat not when u want to eat.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
Hello ats.

(I don't have a source.)

Do you eat when you aren’t hungry?

Someone in my family just said to me, “you better eat something.”
I’m not hungry. (well now i'm getting hungry after talking about food,but i wasn't @ the time.)

Who decided the human being needs to eat three meals a day? I doubt that a bear, lion or rabbit eats three times a day. I’ll bet a monkey eats when it’s hungry. So why do I as a man need to eat on a schedule?

WTH?

Is it the government or some company who set the guidelines?

I as an animal eat when I’m hungry. It’s the way it should be and I’ll be damned if some arrogant son of a bitch decides when or what I should eat.

That is all I have 4 now.

Peace.
edit on 14-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

Actually it's better to skip breakfast and eat during an 8 hour window. Eat all you can.

Digestion takes energy, And this throws off concentration. This is why it is best to skip breakfast.

Now if you are trying to get your health back or trying to eat healthy.

The best approach to this is to eat non fat foods till night time.

Not to watch your waistline but specifically for your internal organs (Liver, Gallbladder, And pancreas)

What happens is when you start off with light foods during the day, Non fat foods, It allows the liver and gallbladder to increase bile pressure. The release of bile is caused when we eat fat foods.

Ever wonder why someone has to get their gallbladder taken out? (I can see all the over weight people now
)

It's even better sometimes when we completely skip fat for a few days.

Then take a HUGE amount of fat (Such as Olive oil, Due to it's low acidity, Low Sat Fat) and lemon juice (Cleanses and detoxifying to the liver) to cause the GB and Liver to purge a huge amount of bile. Which in turn removes stones.

Anyone who tells you GB and Liver stone removal is impossible is lying to you.

If this were the case individuals who take care of their health would be getting their GB's taken out.

It's actually really bad to get it removed. The reason being is because the GB stores bile. When you take that out where do you think the bile is stored?

Unfortunately in the liver, Which causes a lot of problems when you continue your unhealthy diet.

Now after you take care of your health and what not for awhile like this. It's best to do the 8 hour window.

With both diets (Healthy and Lion eating like the Spartans) you want to have a lot of fiber. I say 25-30g per day. You should be having 2 health BM's a day. This removes toxins, Makes it so that you do not get constipated and congested.

The digestive system is a chain of organs. Small intestine (Where you absorb food) the GB and Pancreas, And the Liver.

When you get constipated you end up over digesting, Pretty much everything you are digesting too. So any toxins that aren't being removed quick enough actually end up causing you to get sick a lot easier.

This is why back in the day when someone got a headache they would give castor oil to them (Also anti-Parasitic).

Once you start a Spartan like diet, You will see that the hunger pangs come a lot more and you will be wanting to eat!

But it is good to be hungry when following this diet like this. It allows your liver to rest.

This is why some fast.

Idk why this is in Rant. Should be in health.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Unfortunately, we have gotten so far away from listening to our bodies, then we wonder why we have so many health and weight issues.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Digestion takes energy, And this throws off concentration.

I have never heard / read anything like that but it makes sense. (the part i quoted.)

Thank you for your response it was very informative.

I just ranted i was unsure where to place my thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Once upon a time, millennia ago, humans had to hunt to eat. And it was not guaranteed that they would not be the meal. So they hunted in groups and caught their food.

It wasn't 3 times a day. It was whenever they could.

Welcome to today, where your food is served to you in a microwave package, in a bag or at $3 a serve. Stuff your faces, eat all you can, get super super fat.

Someone thought "Hey, all you fat kids, stop eating 199999 times a day.. you only really need 3 meals to sort your energy for the day. Hell, we may even be wrong on that, maybe 5 small meals. Just eat properly. Stop gorging yourselves."

What you see as the government or some company forcing you to eat 3 times a day, is beacuse humans are retards and will eat until they're honey boo boo all over the lounge.

So, someone needs to tell them what to do.

If you had to kill and prepare your own cow, I bet you'd eat only when hungry and not have to put up with the busy bodies that stick their beaks in, but sadly, in this consumer demand society, you get pizza delivered to your door and get to wash it down with 2 litres of cola and then eat the grease off the cardboard.

humans and evolution, i have no idea how.

Exactomondo. It takes energy and calories to hunt down and kill your on food and process it to which you can consume it,

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Hello ats.

(I don't have a source.)

Do you eat when you aren’t hungry?

Someone in my family just said to me, “you better eat something.”
I’m not hungry. (well now i'm getting hungry after talking about food,but i wasn't @ the time.)

Who decided the human being needs to eat three meals a day? I doubt that a bear, lion or rabbit eats three times a day. I’ll bet a monkey eats when it’s hungry. So why do I as a man need to eat on a schedule?

WTH?

Is it the government or some company who set the guidelines?

I as an animal eat when I’m hungry. It’s the way it should be and I’ll be damned if some arrogant son of a bitch decides when or what I should eat.

That is all I have 4 now.

Peace.

I will give you a quote from Edward Bernays:

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."

Edward Bernays - Propaganda - 1928

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

So being a less intelligent, (or less educated), person I was kinda saying the same thing?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

So being a less intelligent, (or less educated), person I was kinda saying the same thing?

Basically, i guess. Yeah

In essence, everything we do has been manipulated and molded by those behind the scenes. Edward Bernays in particular knew this, as he was a master at propaganda and actually set up the first Public Relations office. In regards to eating, Edward Bernays actually formed and imposed the idea that bacon and eggs were the perfect American breakfast. Lo and behold, the population believed that and started eating bacon and eggs for breakfast as a result.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Thanks for the input / reply / info. I love 2 learn.

p.s. - i love bacon and eggs.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

No worries mate.

Bacon and eggs is awesome

Here is more about Edward Bernays if you are interested:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Yes!

You know what I have noticed about eggs and bacon. By the way always get it at Trader Joes! No nitrates, Hormones, Gmo's!

Is that these shouldn't be eaten during the morning time.

Well, Based upon my logic at least. I'm open to discuss this though.

Aside from the fact that digestion takes energy, which reduces concentration and overall stamina for the morning.

Egg yolks (If cooked over easy, I cook till white is almost solid, not cracking yolk. Then flip for 10 seconds so the yolk does not cook just heats up) are an excellent source of HDL Cholesterol and Fat!

I know this for a fact because I started to get an Arcus Senilis around my eye. Which at my age (25) is a sign of elevated cholesterol.

Now for the love of the debate, I don't know what raised it. Whether it was food or my body creating the cholesterol.

However, With liver flushing and making over easy eggs. The arcus is disappearing. Which means my liver is flushing out all that cholesterol it is having an issue with.

The reason why I believe that eggs (Maybe not bacon) should be eaten at dinner time is because eggs can also be used in a liver flush.

Once again you can do a liver flush with organic limes, egg yolks (Free ranged organic, Left out not refrigerated) and limes.

So eating eggs at night time would cause the GB and liver to empty the bile.

Why would you want this to happen during the day? Do you know how much energy it takes for this to happen.

Probably not since we are so used to it lol.

If eaten at dinner time, alongside some fresh lemon juice. I know for sure your liver would be happy in the morning.

Then make it hungry till lunch time.

Also shouldn't eat after 8pm since metabolism slows down substantially.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

I agree with you entirely !

Just another point, who says we need to eat fresh fruit and vegetables, as part of a balanced diet ?

( Though I do.)

Do people's who live in or near the arctic circle, or desert tribes eat a healthy balanced diet, as we know it ?

Just a thought, not a rant !

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Do people's who live in or near the arctic circle, or desert tribes eat a healthy balanced diet, as we know it ?

No. But what says the diet is not nutritious? They obviously survive and often in a much harsher climate. In a way this goes back to my original question which was who says what is healthy.

Along with your reply many people have made valid points that the three meal a day diet is just nonsense.

Edit - I love fresh fruits and veges but i don't think it's a necessity as you pointed out many people do fine without.
edit on 15-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Yes, I'm sure their diet is nutritious, plus they probably live a more physical life than the average Westerner.

I suspect they might have a shorter life expectancy, though ?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
While it can be beneficial to fast occasionally (depending on your health), you should eat on a regular basis. This is to keep your blood sugar levels from getting low. Multiple small meals are better than 1 or 2 big meals daily.They say breakfast is important because because the body has gone all night without food and blood sugar levels are low in the morning. A low blood sugar episode is not pleasent. I get them even if I have eaten recently. It starts with sweating, then dizziness and extreme fatigue. I have not passed out yet, buy I have seen it happen to others. If you have normal health you can train your body to skip meals. But you should have something healthy to snack on handy.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I agree...eat when you are hungry and then eat what you want. Obviously if a person wants to be healthy they will try and eat healthy foods.

I know that there are some people that think you have to eat certain foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner; I say no to that!

If I want to eat pizza or lasagna or spaghetti for breakfast I will and maybe that same day I will eat in the evening eggs, ham and toast; and maybe the next day I will have a big salad for breakfast.

Food is food eat what you want, whenever you want...and enjoy yourself!

And here is a piece of cake for you...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
While it can be beneficial to fast occasionally (depending on your health), you should eat on a regular basis. This is to keep your blood sugar levels from getting low. Multiple small meals are better than 1 or 2 big meals daily.They say breakfast is important because because the body has gone all night without food and blood sugar levels are low in the morning. A low blood sugar episode is not pleasent. I get them even if I have eaten recently. It starts with sweating, then dizziness and extreme fatigue. I have not passed out yet, buy I have seen it happen to others. If you have normal health you can train your body to skip meals. But you should have something healthy to snack on handy.

This is good. Hypoglycemia is not fun. I have struggled with this too.

I believe in my opinion carbs should be the first food of choice for the morning. Potatoes (If you don't struggle with nitrites), or banana, Something along that line should be consumed in the morning.

The reason being is carbs is your body's first choice for energy. If you do a protein or fat it's going to take away energy. Also the protein turns into ammonia because your body will burn that protein as a source of energy.

But I do agree with you. You need to be in optimal health to skip breakfast, Or else your body burns it's muscle protein as an energy source.

Which also creates ammonia.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I've found that eating during the day really slows me down, as the energy required for digestion saps my strength. I'll have a small meal in the afternoon, and a large meal before bed, so that the big meal can digest while I sleep. Wake up feeling great.

I've also been told that by the time you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. I feel like that is misinformation as well, since animals only drink when they are thirsty, and seem to do just fine. No need to be pounding water all day, unless you are thirsty. Makes sense and works for me, as I'm healthier than most anyone I know.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm a people watcher.. and I watch people at buffets and their interaction with food. "SIR, you don't have to try EVERYTHING on the menu just cause you're in a buffet!!"
Jeez. The belly of the beast with a very high cholesterol and blood sugar, "Honey, we're goina buffet tonight"
. Yah, a lot of unnecessary eating happens at buffets. Variety of foods and human beings are not a good combo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join