It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's booming economy puts billions in US aid under spotlight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Yea if the Middle East ever stabilizes I don't think we'd need to focus on Israel whatsoever. If I were them I'd offer to help Iran finish their nuclear program, develop an alliance with them and form a hegemony in the region that nobody could break through.

Weird but not unheard of in history.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The U.S. provides Israel $8.5 million in military aid each day.

It is alot, but I think it has given the USA a higher status. Like now when they say something Israel has to listen.
Really wonder what that 8.5 million a day is spent on. Because I dont think the standard of living is that high in Israel.

I think this kinda proves that its going back into politics - the money that is. Because there are alot of poor folk in Israel still. So it must be benefiting the US.
edit on 15-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

The money we send to Israel and other places around the world has absolutely nothing to do with economics. It doesn't matter how well any individual nation is doing with their budgets.

Yes it has a lot with how well a nation is doing with their economics. If not for America and other nations supporting Israel it never would have reached the stage they are at now. And seeing how they are bragging about buying up Manhattan, Germany and land in other nations it's time to cut them off. To keep borrowing money at debt to give to them for free is bad economics.

We send them money to either gain or maintain influence and oftentimes it is far cheaper than having to go to war. Its a diplomatic measure within foreign policy.

We send them guilt money. Tell them that the money is getting cut off and see how fast they play the Holocaust card. And why would we bother with influence with a nation that has nothing we need?

Notice in the Gulf War when Saddam was launching scuds into Israel and they simply sat their and took it. Its because we told them to and we are allowed to do that because they are dependent on that aid to a large degree.

Of course they sat there and took it because they lied to us to get America involved. They knew we would handle it.

Now if they were on their own what do you think the chances are that they would have simply nuked all of Iraq?

Virtually none. Too much of a chance of fallout drifting back on their nation.

You have to look at the bigger picture here.

I can see the picture you refuse to see. Israel is using America like a piggy bank. Like Nuttyahoo said after leaving Pollards cell "Once we squeeze all we can out of America it can dry up and blow away".

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Oh sod off it isnt guilt money. If anything the Germans would be paying " guilt money" the USA did more for Jews during the Holocoust than most countries. It has NOTHING to do with the holocoust.

Get with it. Ffs.

And if Guilt money was on the lend out why not start with the Native American Indians. Naahhh! Im sorry the US isnt that kinddd

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And why would we bother with influence with a nation that has nothing we need?

If you can't see the strategic importance of Israel, simply because of where its located, than I don't know what to tell you.

Nations have given and done a lot more to secure influence in a particular region that is strategically located. Its happening now in Africa with China, Vietnam, India and other countries.....except the US vying for mineral rights. They are buying off dictators, promising this and that, sending aid...all sorts of things to secure a place for access to mineral rights.

It has nothing to do with guilt money or anything else. We are doing the same thing in Israel because they happen to fit a need we have. We certainly didn't care about the Jews before the Ottoman Empire broke up but once it was obvious they were going to we certainly made sure the Jews got there didn't we.

Kind of coincidental or planned do you think?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

lol... Precisely. Its an alliance that benefits the US or the USA wouldnt go in there.

It isnt just some charitable donation.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Oh sod off it isnt guilt money. If anything the Germans would be paying " guilt money" the USA did more for Jews during the Holocoust than most countries. It has NOTHING to do with the holocoust.

Get with it. Ffs.

And if Guilt money was on the lend out why not start with the Native American Indians. Naahhh! Im sorry the US isnt that kinddd

You do know that America was originally against the formation of Israel right? Just as president Kennedy was against them developing nuclear power. Listen to a speech given to the American congress by Nuttyahoo he always plays the holocaust cards before saying we need your support. There is no logical reason for America to keep supporting them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Get with it. Ffs.

You do know that America was originally against the formation of Israel right? Just as president Kennedy was against them developing nuclear power. Listen to a speech given to the American congress by Nuttyahoo he always plays the holocaust cards before saying we need your support. There is no logical reason for America to keep supporting them.

Against it for how long, 2 seconds maybe? I'll try and find some of the research for you but If I remember correctly, some of the Jewish leaders at that time actually wanted to form a state in Africa around Ethiopia but it was the US that pushed for Israel.

And I don't remember Kennedy being against them getting nukes but that certainly could be true. Do you have a source for that one so I can add it to my Kennedy research. Not sure how I missed that.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

If you can't see the strategic importance of Israel, simply because of where its located, than I don't know what to tell you.

What strategic importance? It's a small nation next to the Mediterranean sea. With the resources it has Saudi Arabia is a better location as would be Iran.

Nations have given and done a lot more to secure influence in a particular region that is strategically located. Its happening now in Africa with China, Vietnam, India and other countries.....except the US vying for mineral rights. They are buying off dictators, promising this and that, sending aid...all sorts of things to secure a place for access to mineral rights.

We have Iraq and all of the bases surrounding Iran so it wouldn't make sense to try and land in Israel. Besides they spy enough on us as it is no need to drop our tech in their laps. Again Israel has no minerals we need so why keep paying them?

We are doing the same thing in Israel because they happen to fit a need we have.

Just what is this need we have?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Against it for how long, 2 seconds maybe? I'll try and find some of the research for you but If I remember correctly, some of the Jewish leaders at that time actually wanted to form a state in Africa around Ethiopia but it was the US that pushed for Israel.

President's Roosevelt and Truman were for the immigration of Jews into Palestine but were against the formation of a Jewish state.

Truman was still averse to the idea of a Jewish state despite his support for immigration, mostly out of concern that it would require excessive US resources to defend it. This concern was to surface again and again and influence policy in the months ahead. He wrote to Senator Joseph Ball of Minnesota on November 24, 1945: "I told the Jews that if they were willing to furnish me with five hundred thousand men to carry on a war with the Arabs, we could do what they are suggesting in the Resolution [favoring a state] - otherwise we we will have to negotiate awhile. It is a very explosive situation we are facing, and naturally I regret it very much, but I don't think that you, or any of the other Senators, would be inclined to send half a dozen Divisions to Palestine to maintain a Jewish State. What I am trying to do is to make the whole world safe for the Jews. Therefore, I don't feel like going to war for Palestine."

President Harry S. Truman and US Support for Israeli Statehood

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

After the Holocoust Jews were a displaced people. I dont think they would have minded where they went as long as they felt " safe" and able to build there lives. And that was shut off from them in many countries. They were literally hated everywhere.

Yes, it wouldnt suprise me if America had agreed to support them in their building of the Israel state. I dont think they did this alone. To presume so is ridiculous.

This Zionist stuff that people rave on about is and was supported for a purpose.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Do you have a source for that one so I can add it to my Kennedy research. Not sure how I missed that.

Kennedy Letter to Ben-Gurion Regarding Visit to Dimona

"I am sure you will agree that there is no more urgent business for the whole world than the control of nuclear weapons. We both recognized this when we talked together two years ago, and I emphasized it again when I met with Mrs. Meir just after Christmas. The dangers in the proliferation of national nuclear weapons systems are so obvious that I am sure I need not repeat them here. "It is because of our preoccupation with this problem that my Government has sought to arrange with you for periodic visits to Dimona. When we spoke together in May 1961 you said that we might make whatever use we wished of the information resulting from the first visit of American scientists to Dimona and that you would agree to further visits by neutrals as well. I had assumed from Mrs. Meir's comment that there would be no problem between us on this. "We are concerned with the disturbing effects on world stability which would accompany the development of a nuclear weapons capability by Israel. I cannot imagine that the Arabs would refrain from turning to the Soviet Union for assistance if Israel were to develop a nuclear weapons capability--with all the consequences this would hold. But the problem is much larger than its impact on the Middle East. Development of a nuclear weapons capability by Israel would almost certainly lead other larger countries, that have so far refrained from such development, to feel that they must follow suit.

He knew that if Israel got nukes then the others would want them as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What strategic importance? It's a small nation next to the Mediterranean sea. With the resources it has Saudi Arabia is a better location as would be Iran
reply to post by buster2010

We have little hope of securing government operations out of either Saudi Arabia or Iran. Israel is our best hope in that region and yes, having unmitigated access to the Mediterranean is extremely important. Why do you suppose Russia is putting everything into Syria, its because that is their only port on that coast.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Do you have a source for that one so I can add it to my Kennedy research. Not sure how I missed that.

Kennedy Letter to Ben-Gurion Regarding Visit to Dimona

"I am sure you will agree that there is no more urgent business for the whole world than the control of nuclear weapons. We both recognized this when we talked together two years ago, and I emphasized it again when I met with Mrs. Meir just after Christmas. The dangers in the proliferation of national nuclear weapons systems are so obvious that I am sure I need not repeat them here. "It is because of our preoccupation with this problem that my Government has sought to arrange with you for periodic visits to Dimona. When we spoke together in May 1961 you said that we might make whatever use we wished of the information resulting from the first visit of American scientists to Dimona and that you would agree to further visits by neutrals as well. I had assumed from Mrs. Meir's comment that there would be no problem between us on this. "We are concerned with the disturbing effects on world stability which would accompany the development of a nuclear weapons capability by Israel. I cannot imagine that the Arabs would refrain from turning to the Soviet Union for assistance if Israel were to develop a nuclear weapons capability--with all the consequences this would hold. But the problem is much larger than its impact on the Middle East. Development of a nuclear weapons capability by Israel would almost certainly lead other larger countries, that have so far refrained from such development, to feel that they must follow suit.

He knew that if Israel got nukes then the others would want them as well.

Thanks for that link.

I've studied Presidents in depth for almost 8 years now and that one slipped by me. Always good to find more information.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Yep. They no longer need our billions of dollars....WE need our billions of dollars.

Stop sending money to Israel, they're a big boy now, they can take care of themselves.

Israel needs that money to covertly destroy American icons. Duh!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

You got it. The $2 are guaranteed to be spent on my ice-cream (they can't spend it elsewhere or the cycle stops), when they buy the ice-cream they will to pay more for the topping (technology, know-how, maintenance and spares) and pay a bit more if they like to have it on a cone.

What the US gains is dependence, information regarding capabilities, field testing and improvements, an ally and a "controllable" destabilizing influence in an hostile region, that diverts attentions from the relations the US has with the Saudis, Qatar etc even play both sides, like with Iraq (Saddam had been a CIA agent before getting into power, he continued in part in planing the Anglo-American game with the attack on Iran and was duped by the US into attacking Kuwait, he got the go ahead we will not interfere wink-wink, nod-nod, just before the attack). Then there is the kick back money (the political influence) most of that activity is clearly illegal and the cycle permits to "hide" it. Imagine if the same type of actions were being done by France from the industrial/military spying to how it exerts the political influence trough lobbying and party donations.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
American people just believe that their government is going to care about them first. The government only care enough not to let a civil war happen.
How many people in positions of power in the government have dual israeli citizenship?
Israel is not an ally of USA, Israel is the Master of USA. It has control over the backbone(economy,MSM, security) of USA, the US economy is the way it is by design. Its like a dead man on life support and the power to pull the plug is with Israel.

So now which american is suicidal enough to question israel?

When a parasite grows as much as israel has grown and infiltrated its tentacles into US. The host can't live if the parasite is forced to detached. Interestingly the host will anyways die ultimately!
Death here won't be death like an individual, it will be a collapse making america take extreme even inhumane steps to survive(they are already doing it by seeking wars)
I wouldnt be surprised if US uses nuclear weapons and becomes a hated villain for the world(already for many) while the strings are pulled by the puppet MASTER!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join