It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Flower Are You???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The pic of your nettles just came up on my laptop (i think maybe its dying) but i remember my granny picking those and using them for colds and flu's i used to think she was supergranny as she never got stung and yes we do forget about nettles as some of them might not be pretty to look at but they do wonders for other things.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Technically a weed, but one that splashes a little brightness wherever it grows. Most people don't like them because they are labeled a weed, but some enjoy the color it brings despite that. A favorite among small children.
Also you should keep them away from other plants....I have a black thumb, so still an apt comparison.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I LOVE this thread...never met a Flower I didn't like......
I honestly could not pick a favorite, they all facinate me.......I have been lucky enough to work with a wide variety of different kinds....my background being in Ornamental Horticulture and Floral Design....I have been able to create every type of arrangement and gardens you could imagine.....they are all wonderful and reflect the "vision" and personality of the beholder....

For myself my focus at this point is on gardens, landscapes and container planting that is not only Beautiful, but in tune with Nature and Practical.....companion planting to prevent disease and insect problems, while planting things that attract "good" insects...Bees, Butterflies, ladybugs.......Fruit trees, herbs, veggies can be incorporated in any landscape and provide healthy food for your family and friends......

www.youtube.com...

my song to all you flowers, maybe one of you knows how to link this correctly...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Originally posted by ballymoney50

The pic of your nettles just came up on my laptop (i think maybe its dying)
That's why I chose that pic. lol

I searched for a pic before posting that comment, but I didn't like any of the results. Most of them did look somewhat threatening, which would kinda contradict what I was saying. Then I clicked on the wiki page a few minutes later, and instantly knew that half brown plant was perfect.

Originally posted by ballymoney50

.....but i remember my granny picking those and using them for colds and flu's i used to think she was supergranny as she never got stung and yes we do forget about nettles as some of them might not be pretty to look at but they do wonders for other things.
I didn't actually know they were good for anything.

According to NaturalNews, they're good for everything.

[color=91D998]It may be a brash statement to say that one prickly green herb is the panacea for almost everything that ails you; but, in the case of stinging nettles, it's mostly true.

If there's one plant to have on hand at all times that provides a cure for arthritis, an herbal treatment for allergies, relieves hair loss, treats Celiac disease, bleeding, bladder infections, skin complaints, neurological disorders and a long list of other conditions -- it's nettle leaf.

edit on 4/15/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Only the manliest of course:

www.locowholesale.ca...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Best reply of the thread!

Best reply of the day!
edit on 15-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

LOL...that was funny.....oh man, you can't hand me those "straight lines" and still remain in the T&C's....I would say you are an Anthurium.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Cannabis Sativa.

Bc of its all around uses in many areas. Its a benifitial plant, "underground", used by many, misabused by others, it is able to heal, and even to destroy. It is natural, all that it stands for and all that could be made with it, most of the worlds governments hate it for that reason. And you can´t tax it :p

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Dandelion. They're humble, numerous as the stars, everybody, yet starseeds, not meant to be entrapped in negative systems, and programmed, and FREE.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Passionflower!
Vibrant, purple, homeopathic, medicinal, and invasive

PICs

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I didn't realize they made dragon like dandelions.

That's one bad looking flower.

Looks like it could throw down.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Venus Fly Trap

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A wild rose. They are simple, unassuming, and rather prickly, and yet they are prolific and productive. They provide food, medicine, and some security. They are also low to no maintenance.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I would be a Tulip.

Why? I dunno, always liked Tulips.....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for posting pics and comments it was truly fun looking at them all and thanx for the many chuckles you all rock!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I am a floral designer and my favorite flower is violets.
I do love roses of any color and carnations.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I love this thread.

But, I can't pick ONE.

I'm a hydrangea...as I tend to thrive in the shadow or background.

I'm a zinnia because I'm basically sunny and happy.

I'm a dandelion because I'm resilient.

I'm a rose, because I'm passionate.

LoL! That's one ugly bouquet.

edit on 5/1/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join