It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea dismisses offer of talks as John Kerry urges dialogue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
Clinton`s team while he was president, worked out a deal with the DPRK to stop it`s nuclear program and normalize relations with the US. But oh no, the hardline right-wingers could not stand to see the US making a deal with the `commies.`

Do you follow history my friend, or do you just fabricate your own revisionist idea of it?

Yeah, Clinton's team (Madeline Albright) did work out a deal, and the "right-wingers" did nothing to stop it, because the deal was made. Are you suggesting that it was not?

And what happened years later after all the Oil and food that we sent over there? = It turned out that they never stopped their Nuclear program, they lied. So don't blame the failures of the Clinton administration on so-called "right-wingers" or other boogey men.

Those carpetbaggers in D.C on both sides all eat and play golf together everyday anyway, but that's another matter. I could really care less about which party in the fake two party system did what because they are both controlled by the International banksters who decide everything.

So next time, instead of making divisive robot minded drivel up, try researching the subject instead of enticing the typical right vs Left tunnel vision mentality that I am sure you figured would work atleast on the historically uneducated ones here at ATS, which are far from the majority. Unless of course you're were just misled by someone else? If that is the case, next time study up on the subject. Just saying.

Not trying to be rude at all, and I do apologize for exposing your inaccuracy, but it's about the truth here. However, it's nothing personal. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Thank you, but I don't understand how it is that some countries can dictate to others what they're allowed to have to defend their countries with. If some countries have nukes, why can't others?
I'm sorry, but if all my neighbors had shot guns, guess what I'd be going shopping for?

I agree wholeheartedly that it would be better if NO one had these weapons. But they do, and there isn't much we can do about it now.

As far as NK goes, they can't be allowed to have them for obvious reasons. They don't want them so they can "stand up" to their evil neighbors. Letting them get nukes would be a huge mistake. Just look at them in the last few weeks. Maps showing off missiles presumably armed with nukes aimed at major U.S. cities. You really want nukes in those hands? I don't. No other nuclear armed country acts like an immature bully like the NK regime does.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
China has a right to say that there is too much 'western presence' there. With the US strengthening their positions there, it is normal to raise concerns. Not sure what the US is looking for in that region but perhaps they need to backoff a little bit their presence and I am not talking about NK but their presence in general. Now some 'patriots' that post in yahoo and some other places would justify it all but that's not objective. Blind patriotism is wrong, you can't support everything just because it's your country.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

They want to merge ideologies. Thats my belief. I think the USA going into the East is never going to make changes .
edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
North Korea denies talks, because NORTH KOREA only wants to be the ones doing the talking! Especially after their exaggerated, melodramatic hype over their little minor sanctions. So, obviously any chance of talking sense into them will just fall on deaf ears. China, Russia, and even fukcing Fidel Castro have tried. Little Kimmy Jong Jr. is ready to blow up any country that even DARES look at one his daddy's statues wrong.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
USA is eating #, I dont know why they are taking so long........ kill the Michelin dictator and their puppets and everything gets fix.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why are you spending all your time writing about North Korea, Wrabbit? Seems like you are posting in a every thread possible? When called out, you will pretend you don't have aggressive intentions. But it's fairly obvious you do by reading across the posts. You consistently do this with Iran too.

Goole:
site:abovetopsecret.com Wrabbit2000 iran - About 5,790 results (0.30 seconds)
site:abovetopsecret.com Wrabbit2000 "North Korea" - About 5,300 results (0.24 seconds)

So when pushed, you're all like 'ooh hey man, the last thing I want is a war' yet over and over again you are talking about military strategy and essentially cheerleading whatever hate-war TPTB happens to be selling that week.

Wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you, dude.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why are you spending all your time writing about North Korea, Wrabbit? Seems like you are posting in a every thread possible? When called out, you will pretend you don't have aggressive intentions. But it's fairly obvious you do by reading across the posts. You consistently do this with Iran too.

If you read anything of what you're sitting here complaining about, you would then know why.

Aside from the fact I have family in the United States Armed Forces who will, almost certainly be physically in this fight and I have deep fear for their safety as a motivation to learn as much as I can about this and Iran both for potential conflicts?

I'm also a Middle Age college student currently pursuing an academic path with Political Science specializing in International Affairs. As some I've talked to privately know, that may change and I'm getting strong encouragement by faculty at my school to pursue GIS/Geography with a political focus. Either way, fast, concise and accurate research on complex topics with open source material is critical to success and achievement in those professional areas. It gives a powerful motivation to hone and perfect those skills outside of the personal I started this by mentioning.

Goole:
site:abovetopsecret.com Wrabbit2000 iran - About 5,790 results (0.30 seconds)
site:abovetopsecret.com Wrabbit2000 "North Korea" - About 5,300 results (0.24 seconds)

Yeah... Google has interesting ways of counting. Look at my mini and ask yourself how much logical sense that makes. You figure fully ONE THIRD of my posts since I came to ATS are on this ONE subject?
People ridicule the use of Google earth to make a point ..and there is some basis for that I suppose. Using the Google search engine gave me a laugh though. Thanks for that. lol...

So when pushed, you're all like 'ooh hey man, the last thing I want is a war' yet over and over again you are talking about military strategy and essentially cheerleading whatever hate-war TPTB happens to be selling that week.

Find a post of mine ... ANY post of mine, anywhere on ATS where I have glorified or called for War with North Korea OR Iran outside of response to a clear, unquestionable and outright first strike upon the United States or it's allies? I'm not saying there aren't any ...and I went through some phases, particularly early on in finding my place within the overall ATS community, where I really was a jerk at times. (some, obviously don't agree that is past tense, anyway..lol). However, I'll be man enough to address anywhere I did come off as being eager or looking for war.

I have a brother in law who will never have clear eyes to look into again for the damage Iraq and Afghanistan did to his Soul. He's like me. Never an opportunity lost to get into the crap or into something weird when presented, and so he got into some of the odder places during his tours over there. Some, the subject of ATS threads for that matter. A first cousin is still in the Service and I'll leave that there but to say I lost track of him awhile ago while knowing full well his MOS WILL have him in Korea if shooting starts. (I have a feeling he's already in the area, for that matter) If he got through it? He'll have the same half dead eyes my BIL does and my Father did from tours in Vietnam.

War SUCKS....and I can't imagine people who are familiar with my posting would mistake me for anyone who wants or loves it.

Wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you, dude.

It's a free country and everyone is 100% entitled to their opinion. Attacking others? Not so much....but this was certainly a valid issue to ask ...even if I question how sincerely you were posing any question by it. I'm surprised no one outright called me out to ask point blank before now. After all, if I weren't gaining tangible benefit outside of ATS for all this effort, it would almost be clinically disturbing for a level of effort.

In college and soon moving to University for fields of study that REQUIRE this style and level of fast research as just part of a routine day? It's enlightened self interest and development while sharing what I build the skills with to benefit whomever it may in the process.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I put this in an other thread but it belongs here as well, DPRK rejects US talks english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

2013/04/17 01:40 KST
text size plustext size minusprintsend twittersend facebooksend msn
(LEAD) N. Korea clearly rejects U.S. offer of dialogue
(ATTN: UPDATES throughout with Pyongyang's English-version statement, Obama's comments, details; CHANGES headline)
SEOUL, April 16 (Yonhap) -- In clear terms, North Korea on Tuesday spurned a U.S. offer of dialogue aimed at easing months of heightened tensions.

"Recently U.S. high-ranking officials are vying with each other to talk about dialogue," the North's foreign ministry said in a statement carried by the state news agency, KCNA. "This is nothing but a crafty ploy to evade the blame for the tension on the eve of a war by pretending to refrain from military actions and stand for dialogue."

On his trip to Northeast Asia last week, Secretary of State John Kerry made clear that Washington is prepared to talk with Pyongyang if it shows seriousness about denuclearization.[/e]x Un and the DPRK have no intention of talks, they want war, or for all nations to bow down to them.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
THE ACTOR JOHN KERRY GOES TO SOUTH KOREA TO PLAY HIS PART THE ACTOR KIM JUNG UN WHO AS A PLAYBOY IS ALSO PLAYING HIS PART AS THE BAD GUY. does anyone think these people make any decisions they just go there to take drugs and party, whatever was decided has already been decided

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join