It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea dismisses offer of talks as John Kerry urges dialogue

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
lol they are dismissing talks saying that it is a crafty trick, that is talks with South Korea. It isnt prepared to talk with anyone. I mean lil Kim isnt. Really... hes making it very clear. He isnt playing ball. Hes marching to the beat of his own drums..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well what can we expect when they keep appointing presidential fail-clowns to these positions.

Hey sorry you didn't get elected president that one time... but HEY here's a job for ya.... i mean do they actually think real LEADERS of other countries are going to respect these people?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
oops dble post

edit on 15-4-2013 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

No they just wanted Kerry as a go between. He cant speak to Obama yet, because Obama will give him what for!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Thank you, but I don't understand how it is that some countries can dictate to others what they're allowed to have to defend their countries with. If some countries have nukes, why can't others?
I'm sorry, but if all my neighbors had shot guns, guess what I'd be going shopping for?

Well, I would say in the simplest terms and trying hard not to get into comments about the personalities or mental state/mindset of the individual leaders of the Kim Dynasty? (3 generations now..the word kinda fits at this point). North Korea agreed they would not do this. They didn't have to, back in 1992. They didn't have to in the years of the 90's and into the modern times. Still, they did sign and pledge the agreements. At least a fair part of that time, by sheer definition of what they now have tested and proven they have, they WERE actively developing what they pledged to the world they would never produce. Nuclear Warheads.

At this point, after being lied to for a period of years no one can be 100% certain of for their true development timeline in getting to this point while taking food and support? I think the world has a pretty good point in saying this is a step or two beyond tolerable.

By comparison, Israel never claimed they didn't have them or weren't producing them. South Africa didn't sit and take billions in food aid while promising they'd never build them....as they and Israel collaborated on making them. Ditto Pakistan and India (Although if you read back, world reaction was pretty harsh when they literally popped up with well developed nuclear weapons and all the means to produce and deliver more toward each other).

North Korea stands very much in a class alone because of how they've chosen to handle everything, all these years. They now emerge as a full member of the Nuclear Club, not with self confidence and assurance, but with the swagger and bravado of an Old West gunfighter looking to shoot the nearest rival just to prove something.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Believe it or not? I think they are talking about this as part of South Korea's provocations?

Disrespect for the North's dignity was the first reason North Korea stated behind their decision to withdraw its workers from the Kaesong Industrial Park. In other words, they claim the South slandered the North Korean regime.

Kim Yang-kon, secretary for South Korean affairs in the Workers' Party of Korea made a statement saying, "Despite our repeated warnings, South Korean confrontation fanatics continued rambling away unbearable verbal abuses, insulting our dignity with expressions such as 'meal ticket,' 'detainment,' and 'hostage'."
Source

It's almost silly to me to think that the cited examples here could actually be used as basis to stop talks on matters of national war and peace...but trying to find a source for this again, I'd seen other hits going back years where they went ape over other casual remarks made by the South.

In Vice Guide's 'Inside North Korea Part 1', the most striking thing I got from the trip to the DMZ and the 'conference room' half in and half out of North Korea was how fanatic the South Koreans were about any gestures, finger pointing, staring or anything even remotely possible to misunderstand in the most outlandish way by the North Korean troops a few feet outside the window the tour group can see. While of course, their trip to the North side of the same checkpoint later in the documentary showed the North was completely indifferent to whatever anyone wanted to do in that way, looking South.

Interesting dynamics between the actual people over there, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

They don't need to posture, the United States is doing enough of that for everyone. It's like poking a rabid dog with a stick, sooner or later it's going to bite and you know what, if it does, it's your own fault. The North Koreans are fed their own form of propaganda, only it's quite anti-propaganda. The west is seen as a consumer driver superficial super state(s) who tell their people one thing while doing the opposite, The North Koreans are told that westerners are primarily selfish and would gladly sell out their brother if it got them another rung up the ladder. Theyt are told that a tiny minority of very wealthy individuals use the masses like cattle/robots, programmed from a very early age to produce and consume via multi-billion dollar propaganda campaigns they call advertising. They are told that western governments lie to, cheat, and steal from the people in order to travel the world installing puppet governments. They are told that democracy is a joke, and an awful lot of money is spent making sure than no matter who's elected, the interests of big business will always be represented over the concerns of the people.

The North Koreans are told more truth about the west than any western media tells it's own people. And some wonder why the North Koreans don't like the west all that much. Facepalm. If someone offered me an Americans life I'd show them the door too. And I'd fight tooth and nail to stop it from sucking my country dry at the expense of the people.

The Koreans should be left to sort it out themselves. Survival of the fittest and all that. If Korea comes knocking on your door, then yeah you've got a legitimate fight, otherwise you're just an imperialist dimwit and everyone knows it. The North Koreans certainly do.

edit on 15-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you again for the enlightenment. It's a sad, sorry state for the world to be in... Playing with people's lives is something that should never be taken lightly. Sadly, sometimes people see no reason, only greed/vengeance/power. It's a game that has been played for eons I guess, only now the stakes are higher than they ever were...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, I just realized who benefits the most in this today. China does. After Kerry went on and on about how China is the "lifeline" and this and that to North Korea, it became painfully obvious that this started to become all about CHINA-- they were behind the whole thing. Not to start a war, but to push things until everyone would get worried and want to talk and call on China for help.
You bet, behind the scenes China will be asking for favors for calming everything thing down and helping the United States and Japan not to mention South Korea.

Its a game their playing, and they like the fact North Korea is what it is. This happens time and time again, the only difference this time is that Kim Jong-Un had to win over the majority of his military as there are some divisions right now going on in North Korea.

Meanwhile, the people in the farming places of North Korea and other areas outside of Pyongyang go on suffering and living horrible lives.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There were some fools from China and asia telling President Obama to make a call to Fatboy Kim, follow the message by Dennis Rodman to ease the confrontation.

Should the most powerful man on Earth talk to a rabid dog?

No. He will instead send the rabid dog for treatment to help him, or to follow the vet's advice if that dog should be put to sleep to end its suffering so that it may not hurt and harm others. NK is a rabid dog, with its senseless threats and provocations.

The only thing President Obama wants to hear is that NK apologizes for its belligerant threats and causing stress to our world with its deception over creating nukes and threatening thermonuclear warfare, and a written promise to end its nuclear programmes or be subjected to consequences.

Thus, if NK is prepared to do such, there is no need for any call. Just announce it in the media and set up an appointment with UN to sign the deal would do.

The only offer President Obama will offer if NK obediently does as it is told by the world, is to help push UN to end its sanctions to NK. NK leaders ALONE are FULLY responsible to feed its own people and manage its own economy, and not the world to manage it for them. Help will be offered if respectfully asked and appreciated, but charity CANNOT be forever, as nations have their own people to take care of as well.

As for military drills, every nation has the right to conduct their own drills for training and coordination in the manner they see fit, so long as such drills do not encroach upon another nation's territory. Even China and Russia does that regularly with their own massive military in lands they own and open sea.

It is high time NK leaders be made to face the consequences of their own errors, and not expect others to save their face, or NK leaders will never learn.

If NK refuses to budge, then by all means, let them go ahead to do as they wish, for the consequences will be extermination of themselves. The world can sit back, continue with sanctions and deepened them, and train more to be prepared for war. No more allowing NK to go free with their belligerances. The world must not make the same mistake again, or our future generations will face the same worries by threats again one day from NK.

Enough is enough......
edit on 15-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Thank you, but I don't understand how it is that some countries can dictate to others what they're allowed to have to defend their countries with. If some countries have nukes, why can't others?

Why can't everyone buy Lambourghinis? Why can't felons buy handguns? The international community got together and decided a nutjob regime (defined as people threatening to wipe others off the map, in my book) with nuclear weapons wasn't a good idea. I have to say I agree. So, they said, look, we're simply not going to trade with them if they are going to act this way.

Do you get to do everything you want to do at work, or are you beholden to others more powerful than you are? The world isn't "fair" or "equal". The rules are decided by those in charge. Is it a utopia? No, but if it was, nobody would need nukes, would they?

It's the equivalent of me poking Mike Tyson's little brother with a stick, and not expecting Iron Mike to punch my face in.

edit on 15-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Many others had tried to explain it quite well.

The main crux is that nukes are dangerous toys.

Every human should be allowed guns, but should everyone be allowed nukes?

Guns can kill at most hundreds if that gunner is good before he is taken out by others. But with just ONE nuke, it can wipe out an entire city. Thus the vital and critcal need to ensure such weapons are properly regulated by those who already own it and to stop further nuke proliferation by others who desire for it.

Should proliferation be allowed, nukes would be mass produced like guns, and even anyone will be able to bribe or steal it easily.

Today, we had seen the damage done by terrorist suicide bombers using just dynamite, killing hundreds and destroying infrastructure such as buildings, stadiums, buses, aircraft in mid flights and trains. Just imagine if one suicide bomber straps a minituarised nuke in his backback, sits in the park in the centre of a city, guess how many lives will be wiped out?

As mentioned, nukes are dangerous toys that should not have been invented, but we can no longer change the past, however, we can still change the future through responsible use of nukes, as nukes were meant to be a deterrant, and not for wars.

There are 3 major powers within UN security council, and each has their own allies and supporters. Those nuke powers in our world had agreed on a NEVER first strike policy with nukes, meaning that they will never be the first to fire nukes unless they are fired upon.

However, the small young punk Fatboy Kim of NK had clandestinely created nukes now and had threatened thermonuclear war upon mankind, do you think the world, including China, Russia and USA, will EVER let this mad rabid dog own nukes? Probably only when hell freezes over.

edit on 15-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

As mentioned, nukes are dangerous toys that should not have been invented,

I have to disagree there. I think that the brains behind it knew EXACTLY what would result...MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction, and that concept has been the stalwart for peace between major world powers for more than half a century.

But, the fact that a nuclear nation (NK) does not seem to subscribe to the theory of MAD, is troubling for all world citizens, so of course there will be outrage and calls for disarming them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by Gazrok

wonder why the North Koreans don't like the west all that much. Facepalm. If someone offered me an Americans life I'd show them the door too. .

edit on 15-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

Why is that? I live in America and have a pretty great life like all my peers.

I work in a well paying, hard , challenging job that I am now in the 18th year of my career in.
I just scheduled my annual family vacation for next month where I will be going exactly where I want and when I want.
Yup, I just paid my rent and all my bills on time.
I'm on my lunch break at work but I have a full afternoon a head of me. When I get done I am going to go home tonight , probably watch a hockey game and then read for awhile finally listening to the music i want when I choose to go to bed.

Wait I am sure you will respond with the typical BS I see here ," If you are successful you are just part of the problem or just sheeple"

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Why even bother, he has never once lived up to any agreements? Someone should advise the little tart that we have had nuclear weapons long before he did and we still never invaded them since the Korean war. His excuse that he needs them to hold us off has no weight. More people would die in a conventional war there than with a few well placed nukes on either side.

Kerry needs to go kiss up to his wife and let the intelligent people run this country.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Lil kim only wants to assert his dominance. I dont think he will talk with anyone. The only person he talks to is the man in the mirror. Hes a narccistic. These type personalities dont really listen to others. They think their importance is above all else. And that maintaining their manipulative power is their only goal.

Narccistic personalities :

Cannot identify with others feelings, Ie the people of his country.
They cannot feel remorse, ie guilt. Keeps them imprisoned in their country and feels nothing about it.
They think they are more intelligent or better than others.
Envies others, uses others as competition. Does not treat others equally , ie other leaders, presidents etc.
Expects special treatment, ie, does not compromise expects others to bend over backwards for their needs.

edit on 15-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Seems the North has just issued an ultimatum to the South.

Say sorry or war will commence immediately.

ATS thread

I say bring it Fat boi.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Hopefully he will realise fighting with the South will end badly for him, not them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I must say John Kerry really dropped the ball on this one. The DPRK is too tough to give into political power games. The North has never given into `tough` straight talk. The past has proven, due to a insane attitude of the GOP, that the DPRK learned to never fully trust the US government. Clinton`s team while he was president, worked out a deal with the DPRK to stop it`s nuclear program and normalize relations with the US. But oh no, the hardline right-wingers could not stand to see the US making a deal with the `commies.`

Now, Kerry is not helping matters by telling the north `no talk until no nukes` because the north will never agree to preconditions from the US. The DPRK cannot trade with pretty much everyone, which has lead to food and supply shortages. If people cannot feed themselves because of another nation`s trade restrictions, of course they are going to be mad as hell and untrusting.

The best thing to do is simply say to the DPRK is `okay. let`s talk and work out a deal` instead of slapping America`s big **** all over Asia while daring the north to do something about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Everyone keeps mentioning Red China being North Korea's puppet masters, as they should be, but why does the media completely ignore North Korea's history with Russia?

UN's father Kim Jong il was born in Russia, and was an inserted puppet of The Soviet Regime. You don't hear much about that though. Wonder why?

It would not suprise me for one minute if this entire situation is being orchestrated by both Russia and Red China behind the scenes. It's all about the shadow war that we are having with them in the worldwide battle for natural resources.

In my opinion, there is a lot of fabricated nonsense going on that very well could end up being some kind of a set up for The United States, South Korea and Japan. Make no mistake about it, those people over there in the East are no fools. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join