It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just read "ATS is not a "conspiracy forum" and now i'm slightly confused. What is it exactly?

I mean, i've never really considered what ATS was all about really besides denying ignorance of course.

Conspiracy is an act between 2 or more people, ATS is a conspiracy forum just in that sense alone. lol.

edit on 14-4-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think it is a website where we make foolish comments sometimes and ACT intelligent other times.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

here ya go, just hit the "About " button above..

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yes, it's a discussion board community

Source

edit on 14/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yes, the "About" page will tell us an awful lot about the set up of this community, and the intent behind its creation. But realistically speaking, ATS is what you make of it. Some of us use it to discuss a small range of alternative topics. Others use it to discuss current affairs and politics. Myself? I use this site for research, for discussion of near enough any topic, and above all to learn, and to sharpen my wits against the grindwheel of the community.

There are some who concentrate thier involvement with the site, on conspiracy topics of course, but there are also those of us here who use the site to improve the breadth of our world view, taking advantage of the many nationalities and political and philosophical approaches showcased by the membership.

Another thing that this site offers one the oppertunity to do, is to share our creativity as members if we should so wish. I write the odd poem, and have written a short story also, and posted them for the enjoyment of the membership. This site, in short, offers a one stop shop intellectually, or at least, that is how I have used it over the years of my membership.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I would say most originally come for the conspiracies that have piqued their interest at one time or another. Like ufos or secret banking or NWO conspiracies. Most people stay for the community and discussion possibilities of the site.

I've been here a few years and have only started looking and participating in the philosophy and metaphysics forums. Which I have to say, is a nice break from the political or Middle East issues threads. Those threads can really get you going especially if someone manages to push your buttons.

If you've been here a while, you have probably seen most conspiracy content covered in a lot of detail, from NWO to UFOs. Concluded your own opinion and focus on other interests.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What exactly is ATS?

Different things for different people, I'd say.

For me .. it's a good deal of my social interaction.

I'm chronically ill and now stuck at home most of the time.

So internet chat sites and discussions with people with the same interests are my interaction.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something.

What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world.

You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

It is this feeling that has brought you to ATS.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

(With apologies to Morpheus)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

(With apologies to Morpheus)

lol Yeah, your post did look a wee familiar... Nice post nevertheless!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It is a General Discussion Forum, with a good focus on Conspiracy Theories.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's what you make it, member driven content. Depending on where you look, really polished, well thought out threads on a mind blowing array of topics. The latest news, news before it is news. Touching personal confessions or problems, shared from the heart. Provocative threads that bring out the best in your debating skills. A place to learn communication skills, writing skills, human interaction skills and maybe some alien interaction skills
Posts or threads that make you spew, wet yourself or any other descriptive way you want to say lmao. As has been said, and extraordinarily valuable imho international community. A place to make lasting friendships. A place to grow.

Officially, a discussion forum. Sounds deceptively boring, it isn't at all!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
People from all walks of life (like the different branches on a tree) come together to teach and learn and share their personal experiences with one another. It's really like the flower of life closing on itself.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It is a website for people to make ridiculous claims sprinkled with some interesting science articles.

top topics

join