It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk about 'nature spirits'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

II've got bit by a harvestor spider, my finger tip turned into a red ball from that. Serves me right for ripping his legs off like pedals on a flower.....She loves me, she loves me not. Anyone remember doing that?

NO that is just SICK and evil.
Why would you do such a terrible thing? - casual cruelty ..

edit on 15-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaSempre
Do animals have spirits? Funny but as I was reading this thread I looked at the clock and thought it was a year ago today, down to the hour that I had to put my dog to sleep. I've been thinking about her all morning but how coincidental is it that I'm reading a thread on nature spirits and realize this was the exact time a year ago?

OMG a big YES.
they cross the rainbow bridge - they have beautiful souls.
I miss my dalmation too .. makes me so sad when I think of her.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by HelenConway

"When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the Earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belong to this land."
edit on 15-4-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

That is beautiful - who wrote it ?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I started a thread a while ago about what I encountered when I was around 15yo, riding my ATV through the woods in West Virginia. I never expected anyone to believe it, but I wanted to tell my story regardless. What I saw was 100% real. It shook my world and beliefs to the core. What I saw was similar to the first pic of the fairies. It seemed though, that their legs were glass-like to the touch. They sat on my shoulders and sang many beautiful songs that I never heard before, nor since. The one that was talking to me had a serious ego/feminist type quality about her/very strong-headed. I know it sounds crazy.

A few years before that, when I was about 12, I was out riding my bike by an old gravel plant. I got off my bike and was walking through the woods, just looking around, and I came up on a scene that, quite frankly, blew me away. There was this little elf-looking thing, maybe less than a foot tall, dragging what looked to be a dragon fly, except upon closer examination, it was a female-fairy. She wasn't moving or anything. It was dragging her towards a stump. The other ones like it ran fast and hid. He pointed at me, with no words, making a motion for me to leave at once and I did. He had a mean look on his face. I just couldn't believe it. I never told anyone until a couple years ago(I'm now 42), I tyold my wife of 14 years about it. She knows that I wouldn't lie about something like that and was amazed.

There are things in this world that most people don't know about, or would never believe in a million years, unless they saw it first hand like I did. At 4 years old, I was introduced to things that isn't supposed to exist(which I have another thread about). Anyways, I've went back there and didn't see anything out of the ordinary except something buzzed by my head really fast, so fast that it was blurry, so I don't know 100% what it was. It could've been a dragonfly, but I don't know as it made one pass through and was gone in a flash. I think they live in the earth and inside of trees and many people throughout the ages have witnessed them and talked about them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thanks Helen. To celebrate her memory I made a nice donation to the beagle rescue that I adopted one of my current dogs through. Nice gesture...kind of bitter sweet though. Thinking about her still makes me sad.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Nature spirits are real, I've had my fair share of experience with them in the past when I was very young. I watched this documentary some time ago and decided to put it here for anyone who is interested in finding more about Faeries, and what they are all about, where do they live and how you can communicate with them.
Enjoy.

Well, I can't believe I watched all of that. I am open minded about there being an unseen spirit present in nature (or actually being nature itself/herself), but faeries are a bit far fetched. Most people interviewed just seemed a bit crazy. Maybe this nature-spirit can manifest into 3D reality as a faery, who knows, but even the crazy people hadn't actually seen one. I definitely believe in the unseen though - a parallel reality or super-intelligence embedded in nature.
There is something that connects the dream-world and the afterlife and the imagination.
edit on 15-4-2013 by GalaxyEyes because: corrections

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I believe you - thank you for your story,
Do you think he was trying to help her or hurt her ?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I was once a kid who lived on a farm all summer long. I did things that were considered normal for a farm kid. I never hurt a harvester spider after that, I took advantage of their docile nature.....I guess many in America should learn what I learned that day. A mistake isn't a mistake if you learned from it, it is a learning experience. A wise man told me that long ago, I don't know where my father heard that.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is my belief although i know it doesnt agree with people who like the feely fantasy type belief, people have although i can agree there are places in nature that definitely have a holy ,Special feeling about them having grown up on a farm and spending many times in the bush etc .If you try look at it from a Biblical point of view in the begining ,Lucifer was the spirit [Cherub ]who was given the priviledge of taking care of the garden of Eden and to look after it ,hence Pan the God of Nature ,until he was involved in wrong doing ,the rest of the Angels who followed him ,spent alot of their time misleading humans into believing all sorts of things ,elves ,fairies,trolls ,etc .My mother tutored aboriginal kids from northern Australia , claimed they saw small people and could take my mother and show them to her at a certain place in the bush ,one of the aboriginal girls drew and illustration of one, which looked like an Elf ,they told my mother ''you must not laugh at them ,or they will paralyse you'' [waking paraylsed scenario ?] Well Biblically, there was the war in heaven where Lucifer and the demons were permanently ousted from heaven,evidently up to that point they were free to come and go .Like it says in the book of Job how he walked and roamed about the Earth ,so we have all these ousted demons on the earth ,misleading ,menacing humans ,living in forests, peoples houses etc ,pretending to be fairies ,elves etc ,and being angry that their time left is short ,and misleading people with all sorts of manifestations ,alien abductions ,contacts etc

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Although I do not know what to say about your thread at the moment - I liked all of it.
Really liked it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Hi Helen, i really enjoyed your OP though i have not had a chance to read the whole thread yet.. Snf richly deserved

i really enjoy the paintings of 19c romanticism though i see the representations of spirits in these as just that - an idealised representation from the psyche - there was ofc a big movement of spiritualis/romanticism mid 19c-early 20c in art, literature and philosophy which was no doubt a natural push against encroaching industrialism and such... this is an observation, not a criticism and your picture of Hayes is most pertinent. In a land where we no longer touch the soil is it any wonder that we have become divorced from the earth?
people used to work the land in huge numbers, hands spending many hours in the soil, eyes and minds surrounded by nature and it's rhythms and lessons. now we plunder the land wholesale for metals to make machines to till and harvest for us... and look at our world because of this - there is no will to live in anything but a grey concrete wasteland.
do i believe in nature spirits? in a sense yes, though not as depicted in the Cottingley pics etc... it's kind of unimportant imo though, as long as more people would live in the moment amidst nature as much as possible. it would solve a lot of ills if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Long ago i always think that fairy, dwarf etc from western story is just an empty story with no background.
Until i move to uk and saw some unseen thing or spirit in the wood, mostly in country side around thick wood. They are small compare to where i come from and looks like ppl from older civilization. I can see the similarity of how ppl describe a dwarf or fairy, the different is they dont look that clean like in film or cartoon.

I dont really know what they purpose in the wood, but one thing for sure they really depends on the wood. Im sure if the wood is gone, so they will. They seems not bother of human who come around, mostly they are shy. Only found one group that a bit aggressive, but i guess they are just a bit surprised meet someone that can see them and notice them.

In other way, a nature spirit that i know usually come from animal, tree, or even dead object like stone or a log. But they are really hard to see. In my life, i only ever saw few animal spirit, and i wasnt really meant to see them.
My great grandpa use to be able to see and talk with them freely, and they seem to obey what he said. I was too small back then but i heard lots of story from my mum and uncle about it, how animal can have concious inside almost like a human.
Often when he feed his fish in the big pond, he told the fish to line up according to the type and size, and lots of ppl saw this. It is really fascinating for me, even it sound really weird, and only few ppl would believe, but who care

Lol now i end up telling a story. Just a story.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maung

Hi Maung - thank you for your story - is that a true story ?
If so where in Britain did you see the ' little men' ?
Which country is your grandfather from ?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

yea I agree - I do not believe in cottingley type fairies as such - but there are some very intriguing stories of little people and fairy like beings - so my mind is wide open. i do believe in nature spirits - the spirits of the land.
The ancient Britons believed - the green man and such like.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by swan001

swan and frayed - OMG I would love to meet a wee person .. they are meant to tend the woodlands aren't they in the British Isles and Island and Iceland.

I think that's were many of our present day stories originate, brought from the old country....but 'they' would likely exist where ever there were deep woods....my Grandmother's family was Irish/British/ Cherokee. There are also old tales from the Native Americans local to the N. Ga mountains....sacred sites in the forest where one should not invade.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1

Jefferson National Forest. Appalachian Mountains in southwestern Virginia.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Terminal1 because: Silly typoes..

Whoa! I just posted a thread on an experience I had when I lived at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There seems to be all kinds of creatures in "them thar hills".

OP, I read a book by Sylvia Browne where she saw these nature spirits with her own eyes... can't remember the name of which book it was to post a link though.
I'm sure these nature spirits exist, along with all the other creatures in the forest.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Yes it was a true story. I lived in east sussex, and the biggest group i saw is in the wood between east grinstead and tonbridge, dont know for sure the exact place because i dont know the area. What i know is it was a big wood or forest?

I come from indonesia and so my great grandpa.

I was born with the ability can see "things", some ppl said because my family from my mum and my dad side until my grandpa is able to see and interact with "them".
Later on when i grew up the ability is gone gradually until the third year in high school and start opening again.
Soon from that i want to change my life and learn more about life and spiritual. I did not choose my grandpa or other who offer me, rather find myself a teacher that suit my criteria.
Since then, i can see more and learn more precise about that stuff, even this is not the main of the teaching, only a bonus, and somehow attract more friend who have the same view and ability about this later on in college.

Now its been years since i put that "world" aside, not really want to know unless just the random.
Hope this will help.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

swan and frayed

I don't know what that means

aren't they in the British Isles and Island and Iceland.

Doesn't look like it. I live in Quebec. I had two encounter of these. Ugh, they gave me a scare. I hope I was dreaming... but that's the problem: I don't think I was.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Swan and www.abovetopsecret.com...
a name
I was talking to both of you.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
my Grandmother's family was Irish/British/ Cherokee. There are also old tales from the Native Americans local to the N. Ga mountains....sacred sites in the forest where one should not invade.

That's weird. I carry Irish / French / Algonquin blood myself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join