It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously!! People that are ignorant of the issues should not be allowed to vote.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It really bothers me that people are so misinformed. I know. I know, I am trampling on others' rights.

But they are trampling upon ours.

I just had an argument with my stepfather about Social Security and the deficit. He is convinced that SS is part of the budget and all that faux news crap. I got so mad, I told him that he shouldn't vote. If he is not willing to find out the truth of the matter and only listen to cable news he ought to disengage himself from the political process.

I feel real strongly about this.

Why is it that people that are ignorant of the dire straights this country is in and are still whistling by the graveyard be allowed to participate in our elections. If you want to stick your head in the sand, then lets get them
buckets and little shovels. Please, no one give them a ballot.
'
edit on 14-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hmm lets think, do the PTB want an informed electorate or people that vote for who has the nicest smile that looks good on tv.

I agree with you whole heartedly I just know it will never happen

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm just curious...but what do you mean about it being part of the budget? You mean the outlays or the receipts? I'm kinda confused?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno

Yeah, I get that. It just really bothers me. Not only are they convinced cuz the tv told them, they want to get in on a rampage. Usually it is some gay marriage thing gonna ruin the world. Or this religion respects the Sabbath on Sunday instead of Saturday. And these bastages would fight a war over that??? They. just. don't. get. it.

Man, they got this show wrapped up. Beam me up or out.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He doesn't understand that SS is a trust fund. He is convinced it is a government expenditure. O'Reilly told him so.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Seriously? Where would this leave international affairs and foreign policy? If only those who were fully informed on the issues were allowed to vote, you would never have had Clinton in the White house and we would not have peace in Ireland. Think it through. When more than one in twenty Americans gets and uses a passport, you might have a chance at winning me over.

And who gets to decide who is allowed the vote or not? (And who decided that they are CORRECTLY informed?)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

So are you saying that it is because of Social Security that our deficit is in the place it is at?

but but but, then you go on to say that your father is a victim and brainwashed???

First off, you are as brain washed as your you "think" your father is, if you believe that our problem is Social Security!!!

I guess you aren't up to speed that the government has stolen 2.3 trillion dollars out of it???? This is beyond partisan BS, this is about a bunch of criminals whom we elect fleecing us blind!

I am not saying that the program is not an issue, but for you to say your father is brainwashed by the MSM and yet all you can bring to the table is the fact that it is all the fault of Social Security, then by God man, you are as brain washed as you think your father is!

Take a look in the mirror for once in your life and quit believing in partisan rhetoric and realize that it is BOTH parties and a corrupt government that is screwing ALL OF US!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I agree with you however TPTB don't want informed voters, and with the way things are going in another fifteen-twenty-five years there won't be. Too many distractions in place as is. Gotta keep those sheep busy looking the other way.

You know what really bothers me though. When people whine and moan about the elections outcome and then I find out they didn't even vote, wtf? Drives me bonkers, no one and I mean no one who didn't vote who is of age and not a felon has any right to get upset over the outcomes period.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Dude. I know all about the trust fund. I know how congress borrows from it bla bla bla bla. It is not a government expenditure. It is a freaking candy bowl that is dipped into all the time.

I don't know what you are tripping on.

Social Security is not an ENTITLEMENT!!!!! It is not flipping welfare. It is an insurance fund that has been paid into for decades by middle class Americans.

I up on all of that.

Anything else??

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Isnt that what the 'Electorial College' is for?The un-informed?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's "people who are ignorant" not "people that are ignorant." I guess OP shouldn't be allowed to vote either.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

You know what really bothers me though. When people whine and moan about the elections outcome and then I find out they didn't even vote, wtf? Drives me bonkers, no one and I mean no one who didn't vote who is of age and not a felon has any right to get upset over the outcomes period.

Voting is nothing more than an illusion of the "people" having a choice! Yet you want to castrate those whom choose not to participate?

If you vote D OR R, then you are part of the problem! I vote every election and I refuse to pull the trigger for a D OR R!!!

Why? Because they are one and the same! They are nothing more than two wings on the same carrion eater! Why do you think they are polar opposites? Why do you think they accomplish nothing but arguing amongst themselves, thus creating more division amongst those of us who were dumb enough to vote for them?

Divide and Conquer!

The only issue I have with those who choose not to vote is the fact that they could easily vote Libertarian OR Independent thus creating a third party strong enough to stop the insanity of the two party one headed monster we all call our government!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

The electoral college is for the presidency. Normally the states have their own propositions or what have you. State races and such....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Seriously?? You dropped by for that?? I will have a political debate with you anytime. In public and on blast.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Social Security is not an ENTITLEMENT!!!!!

Oh WOW!

It isn't???

I'm sorry, but it most certainly is! Think of Social Security as you would car insurance.....bear with me, I know it is difficult.....

But if you pay into it your whole life, and a point comes where you NEED IT,,,,, are you ENTITLED TO IT?????

I would say you are!

How would you feel it you wrecked your car and you payed all that money into your insurance and they told you, "Sorry, your not "entitled" for us to pay you????

I can understand if you are a young un and realize you have to work and pay into Social Security and realize that you are paying into something that you most likely will never see. My issue with you, is that fact that you are acting cowardly and attacking the victims, rather than addressing the criminals in the government whom have milked the program, stole from it, and convinced people like you that it is the fault of the people using it rather than admitting they are thieves!

So continue to lay blame on those whom are "entitled" to get some of what the payed into the program and are getting it back.........

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I understand your frustration just look at our 'elected' president. The right to vote is one of the few freedoms that remain and you want to take it away?

Shame on you.

edit on 14-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He doesn't understand that SS is a trust fund. He is convinced it is a government expenditure. O'Reilly told him so.
He is right, you are wrong. The so called trust fund was looted long ago. It was refilled with worthless T-Bills which are debt that congress must pay back. It is an expenditure from the general fund. I agree, the uninformed should not vote.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Dude. I know all about the trust fund. I know how congress borrows from it bla bla bla bla. It is not a government expenditure. It is a freaking candy bowl that is dipped into all the time.

I don't know what you are tripping on.

Social Security is not an ENTITLEMENT!!!!! It is not flipping welfare. It is an insurance fund that has been paid into for decades by middle class Americans.

I up on all of that.

Anything else??
It may have been meant that way. It was really a ponzi scheme. Those of us at the bottom of the pyramid got defrauded/screwed. The money is gone. It now is an entitlement program. We need to accept that fact and get rid of it. It is unsustainable. All entitlements need to be cut.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree with your sentiment, but who would decide what "informed" is?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

OK I see where you went. I will agree. What I don't agree with is the framing of the national discussion regarding Social Security as some kind of welfare benefit that affects the deficit and the budget.

It is a "meme", "entitlement".

You know what we are talking about. You want to play semantics...let's go.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join