It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought a Gun, Got a Letter from the Attorney General

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Time to move !!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Now just relax...your elected officials are merely doing their part in protecting your rights and maintaining safety in the community. (Although if it was a 'safe community' i don't know why you felt the need to purchase a weapon, but that is not the point and 'they' don't care. )

If I were you I would send them a thank you card and maybe some cookies. Let them know you received the letter and the message is understood and their concern is appreciated.

You see this is the New America and well....get used to it.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

you should send them a response letter letting them know the responsibilities you granted to them upon their election to public office as public servants.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am so glad I moved away from that place!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I'm fairly certain that would be grounds for confiscation in California, only a crazy person would believe their elected officials served the public at large, not just their campaign financiers.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Ok here's my question. How can a county pass a law requiring a person to fill out federal paper work? Those are to very different types of law. Under whose jurisdiction is this order valid? At this point there is no federal law requiring you to register a firearm sale/gift between private parties.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh, guns are fine if they're kept out of state. The law is pretty straight forward on that.

Taxes, on the otherhand, will haunt a refugee. Nevada had to sue California to get California to leave people who left the state alone. Some people had been gone for 25 years and FTB was writing them letters saying they hadn't paid in 16 years.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by DirtyD

Once OC turns liberal SoCal will just be like NorCal: limousine liberals and wine snobs. The people will be limited to shotguns and .22s; the gangbangers will still be better armed.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
They should probably mandate that the dealers hand out a gun safety pamphlet upon delivery of the firearm sponsored by the state AG instead of the letter after the purchase which also subtly expresses the message: "we know who and where you are."

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

You have to pass a handgun safety test in order to walk out the door with one, the dealer is also required to give the buyer a safe handling demonstration which covers basic firearm safety, how to load and unload the weapon, how to check if the weapon is loaded, and how to use a gun lock. Also, included with the paperwork in the box is a comprehensive pamphlet covering gun safety. The letter is totally unnecessary and seems to be more of an intimidation tactic rather than a safety issue.

edit on 14-4-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
the letter is totaly an intimadation act and just a .......'friendly'....reminder that they know you have a gun now. and the fact that it was printed 2 days after the purchase, before you actually cleared the background check.....what if a person failed that background check? does the state still have that person on file as a gunowner?

intimadating legal gunowners will make everything better....................

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by clearmind

The background check takes like an hour.

CA has a "cooling off" period of 10 days.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

I'm guessing I had cleared the background check within that two days, yet I still had to wait ten days before I could pick it up. That and I am being fingerprinted every time I purchase ammo. And before anyone else mentions it, moving isn't much of an option right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Oh I dunno. One guy here lost a gun. Just saw a video of a drunk cop waving his about.

Seems this noble image of the staunch American gun owner being john wayne and all swagger and charm, never to make a mistake, is a load of cobblers.

What's wrong with the letter? Does it arrest you if you screw it up and throw it in the bin? Does it follow you around?

Nothing. Oh no, they know where you live.

Welcome to 2013. Oh and I'm glad gun owners get such letters. So when another noodnik goes and shoots up a place, we'll see it in the evidence reports and it can be used as fodder to turn them into some innocent victim of the gubmint, out to shoot all the kids and make christian law abiding upstanding citizens look like bad people.

Jesus H... a letter saying "Make sure you remember what to do!" gets bagged as a threat.. wow..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Lol, keeping a list..

I hear Internet Service Providers keep a list of people who use their service too.

Why would they need to keep a list? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. I mean, the only reason they'd keep a list is if they were going to use it.

And I don't see any reason why an internet service provider would need to know who I am.

RIte? Rite?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Odd this letter.
Just last week I bought a new frying pan and recieved a letter in the mail from the office of the governor to not burn my food.

Ahh..

What's the point.

This is the level of reasoning involved.

"My gun is like a frying pan"

Good luck eating that bullet...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Jesus H... a letter saying "Make sure you remember what to do!" gets bagged as a threat.. wow..

Didn't say it was a threat, said it was intimidation. It is meant to make new gun owners feel like potential criminals. And internet providers gather data for marketing and advertising purposes, so that's a poor analogy.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Just saw a video of a drunk cop waving his about.

I think you missed the point on that one too, which was to highlight that cops are above the law and can drunkenly wave their guns in public without reprimand while responsible citizens' rights to bear arms is under attack.
edit on 14-4-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

edit on 14-4-2013 by DirtyD because: double post

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Reply to post by clearmind

The background check takes like an hour.

CA has a "cooling off" period of 10 days.

10 days is long rifle and shot gun, 30 days for a hand gun, each time I purchased my guns had to wait a month to get them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join