It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remington Sells Out; Opts To Stay in New York

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

I don't want to be rude but I urge you to think outside of the box on this one.

Big Tobacco does not care about the older smokers. By the time those smokers develop health problems, they've already hooked their kids and their grandkids.

Also, there are plenty of corporations run by sociopaths, bigamists, charlatans and of course, they would not be successful if they weren't at the top of their respective games.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by VaterOrlaag

The number of smokers is going down, becuase hey, word is out that it is a product that will kill or maim you.

Yeah, business has all those kinds of people -just like government.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The parent company is Cerberus. Guess what? They have investors:

Investors include prominent government and private sector pension and retirement funds, charitable foundations, university endowments, insurance companies, family savings and sovereign wealth funds.

en.wikipedia.org...

And you want them to spend money to move to placate your anger towards the government? Right.
one of their biggest investors is good ole Soros himself.
did you know he holds a high stake in Monsanto too ?

so, if anyone is keeping score, Soros now has control of the food and the armament ... what do you think is going to happen next ??

as for Remington, they lost this loyal customer when they joined Freedom Group some time ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Magpul is leaving Colorado for the anti-gun laws passed
www.9news.com...

HiViz intends to follow Magpul's example, leave Colorado
www.bizjournals.com...

Beretta Leaves Maryland Because of Stricter Gun Laws
www.opposingviews.com...

The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state. Connecticut passed some of the nation’s most restrictive gun laws this week.
dfw.cbslocal.com...

Gun Makers Packing Their Bags as States Consider Bans
Read more: www.foxbusiness.com...

Goodbye California, Hello Texas: Gun Retailer Announces Move.
townhall.com...

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. – Organizers of the Rocky Mountain Western States Regional IDPA Championship, initially scheduled to take place July 4-6 in Montrose, Colorado, have announced that the match is being canceled in the wake of Colorado’s recently passed gun control laws. They plan having next years elsewhere too.

www.idpa.com...

Most if not all of the state legislators and governors were warned of these thing happening before they passed and signed in to law these bills. Many people will lose their jobs unless they will follow these companies. The states will loose .millions of tax dollars from the companies and former employees. Support companies will close and their employees will become unemployed too. Magpul will effect 600 support people with their move.

This will continue to happen. States that have lower Tax rates for business, better cost of living for employees, that are business friendly (gun or others too) See Jack Daniels almost moving to a different state, and may still do so.

The reaction to tragic gun events will serve no purpose in stopping any future events.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
To the poster who so disingenuously posted that if firearms are used as intended they will maim and kill....

not only is that a damn lie but it shows how utterly pathetic and morally bankrupt the antigun crowd is...

I would like to point out that there are over 300 million firearms in private hands in the united states at this juncture and yet there isn't even CLOSE to a MILLION firearms death in a year..... so... are you saying that all of us gun owners who don't hurt anyone with our weapons are doing it wrong?

Honestly your argument outs you for the repressed control freak you obviously are. The plain fact is that while guns can, in fact, kill or maim people or animals that is not what they are primarily used for. You can try to spin it any way you want but the plain fact is there are 300 million or more guns in civilians hands in the United States and yet the common mule deer, elk, moose, and etc are not extinct... But wait I thought you said the ONLY purpose of guns was to kill or maim?

The reality is when biden said many gun owners buy guns and shoot them for the same reason people buy ferrari's and drive them he was essentially correct! Where he was DEAD WRONG is in the assertion that there is ANYTHING wrong with this!! Should we also ban ferrari's?

Personally as a gun owner I can tell you that a large part of my attraction to firearms as a recreational activity is the sheer beauty I find in the precision engineering that goes into the firearms I own. Another part of my attraction to firearms is that when I go out to the range for a day of practice I can literally lose myself in the moment in a way that near as I can tell is very much like the zen buddhist "no mind" meditation. Further though I and everyone I know treat firearms with the utmost of care because you are right if you do make a mistake with a firearm you could end the life of someone!!

Now let's go back to ferrari's for a second here. How many people with ultra fast cars do you know that will start revving their engine at a stoplight when another hot car pulls up beside them? Keep in mind I will KNOW you are lying if you answer anything other than "damn near everyone I know with a fast car does that!" Now let's contrast this with firearms real quick, ok? How often do you hear on the news that two guys that were both carrying firearms who ran into each other on the street just randomly decided to have a marksmanship competition in the middle of a populated area? By the simple measure of statistics you will find that there are fairly close to the same number of cars in this country as there are firearms yet the amount of deaths caused by vehicular "accidents" is staggeringly higher than the number of people killed in legitimate firearms accidents in a given year! Why do you think this is?

I can tell you exactly why this is, but I doubt you will listen.
IN car culture the outlaw street racer is revered, with even many professional racers regaling their adoring fans about their younger days of racing on the streets! Contrast this with firearms culture where you can walk into any gunstore on any day of the week and tell them you are looking to buy your first gun, and IMMEDIATELY not only will the sales staff start educating you in firearms safety, but fellow CUSTOMERS will seek you out and tell you ALL FIREARMS ARE ALWAYS LOADED so do not point them at anything you would feel bad about killing!

Honestly I agree this country is badly in need of common sense laws regarding deadly devices.... so how about we start with fast cars which kill and injure many many more people every year than firearms? How about we even the playing field there and make laws that say if you get caught driving a fast car irresponsibly you lose your right to own a fast car for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!! It's worked pretty well for gun safety! So why can't we do it with cars?

I'll tell you why that will NEVER happen! Do you want to know why? Because gun control is NOT and NEVER HAS BEEN about PUBLIC SAFETY!!!

And quote frankly you are an utter moron if you believe it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey, what about Smith and Wesson?

You need to stop and think about the business. You can't just pack up Remington or S&W and move to another state or country. You better believe that these companies are getting a "sweet deal" by their states and it's hard to pass up people handing you money (millions). I really think that these companies are listening to the publics
reaction but, they're making so much money from the state and federal governments they can afford to be a bit
"Cocky". OR, they just don't give a damm about us and are in it for the $. They will continue to sell guns even if
they're single shot going to America or Machine Guns to Egypt!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Does any one know why my post's sentences split up the way the do???? I cannot figure out why this happens.
If I go back and edit the post the sentences still break in an odd way. I tried to contact the site people but I never got a reply.......Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pistolerooo
Hey, what about Smith and Wesson?

You need to stop and think about the business. You can't just pack up Remington or S&W and move to another state or country. You better believe that these companies are getting a "sweet deal" by their states and it's hard to pass up people handing you money (millions). I really think that these companies are listening to the publics
reaction but, they're making so much money from the state and federal governments they can afford to be a bit
"Cocky". OR, they just don't give a damm about us and are in it for the $. They will continue to sell guns even if
they're single shot going to America or Machine Guns to Egypt!
IMO, I think that they have chosen sides. IMO, I think that they have chosen the government over the people. I personally will no longer purchase anything made by an arms manufacturer that stays in a gun grabber state like CT, NY, or CA.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Best video on Gun control/Government Policies
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

ou better believe that these companies are getting a "sweet deal" by their states and it's hard to pass up people handing you money (millions).

It's also hard to pass up your home state legislating you out of customers too. I realize it takes time and money to effect a move, but I'm sure some other state will provide even sweeter compensation to move, for those gun companies who answer the lawmakers with their wallets.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I am not a big fan of Remington Products, except the 870 shotgun. Looks like that will be sold for a mossberg or some other manufacture.

Well, at least we know where they stand. I can deal with that. Lying is the part that I don't deal with. Just tell the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join