It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Sergeant's hunting weapon confiscated by police in Ft. Hood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It does not matter who the man is or what he is doing if he is not breaking any law and he is within his rights. If you are Not breaking Laws and Not Committing a crime it is the Duty of the police in America to Defend our Rights!

It's like people don't even know what this country was built on anymore.

I was in the parking lot of a general goods store just yesterday. A man I had never met before was walking with a hunting rifle. It never crossed my mind to call the police or to be concerned.
He wasn't pointing it at anyone. So I wasn't worried about it.
If a man is not firing or brandishing a weapon the police can observe all they like but police engaging in the violations of peoples rights and illegally detaining people is not acceptable and anyone who thinks different is not fit to be an American.

Now as for police "not caring what the law is" that makes those men criminals! Any police officer who is willing to violate the law and the constitution should serve jail or prison time and never be allowed to work for the public again.

I am proud of our sheriffs here, many times Ive heard them say. "Well I'm sorry, but no crime has been committed",when some busy body calls them to complain about non criminal activity.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerX

Not to mention this happened on Texas backroads. To my Canadian friend FreedomSlave this means a residential neighborhood. To people who actually know, its the middle of nowhere.
edit on 14-4-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

While I appreciate your input... I'll stick with the OP and his knowledge on this one. He sounds as though he has more than google knowledge on some of the background/personalities and issues involved.

We'll see on the court issue. The article says the man was hiking and across back country roads. Rural Texas? I'd be more surprised if he didn't have a gun.

It's also beyond outrageous to hear a cop outright say what they did here. I'm usually the last to be anti-cop but some of the over-reach these days appears outrageous. We've watched videos of people on busy city streets here on ATS .....activists as well. Obnoxious ones at that, carrying AR-15 rifles and with police contact, who weren't jacked up like this. One was in a shopping mall if you may recall. Nothing happened on that one.

Another one that comes to mind from a couple weeks ago was clearly pushing the cop to see if he could get something more going. That cop was professional and impressive by the patience displayed. These two strike me as thugs and power trippers.

That is what the court system is all about and for though. To determine the truth of the matter on cases like this.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
its sad , as a country the anti gun crowd has gotten
so scared that they totally ignore what is right and what is
legal, but rather pee them self trying to get a cop to do something
when their is nothing for them to do.

Personally i love to see people carrying, rifle , pistol, big knives what
ever the want to carry. The more the better, because it gets it out there
in the open and gets the cry babies to realize, that it is THEIR problem,
not the person with the weapon. They are to weak to understand that
their is nothing illegal going on, in fact, the person carrying should be
complimented for showing support for what is right and legal!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I will be writing my Congressperson to recommend that Ft. Hood be looked at for the next BRAC. If Temple doesn't like having an economic engine in its front door then they should be going to a place that does.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's says he was "rudely displaying" his weapon.

I take that to mean brandishing.

The right to keep arms doesn't give you the right to brandish or display a weapon in a threatening manner.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by Miracula

If he displayed a weapon in a threatening way then he would have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

He was charged with resisting arrest, but it was later reduced to obstructing a peace officer. What was he obstructing? Refusing to hand his rifle over to the police.

Maybe you should read the article if you want to be an apologist for the police.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
its sad , as a country the anti gun crowd has gotten
so scared that they totally ignore what is right and what is
legal, but rather pee them self trying to get a cop to do something
when their is nothing for them to do.

Personally i love to see people carrying, rifle , pistol, big knives what
ever the want to carry. The more the better, because it gets it out there
in the open and gets the cry babies to realize, that it is THEIR problem,
not the person with the weapon. They are to weak to understand that
their is nothing illegal going on, in fact, the person carrying should be
complimented for showing support for what is right and legal!

It's always awsome when the gun show comes around. Hundreds of people walking from their cars to the show, from yards to blocks, with everything from AK-47's to AR-15's slung over their shoulders, just walking down the street to the gun show...

But yeah, the liberal media and public school education is doing a good job of teaching people to wet their pants and pass out if they see a gun...

edit on 14-4-2013 by davjan4 because: added content

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm wondering who the cameraman was. It wasn't a dashboard cam since the camera was obviously mobile.

The whole thing smells of a set up with him carrying on. It was pretty over the top like playing to the camera. If it was another cop, i didn't think cops were real keen on videotaping their arrests.

He's also wearing his boonie hat with rank insignia. That is a uniform item that you don't wear with civilian clothes. Again, makes me wonder if he was trying to draw attention to himself.

Since someone called the police on him, they had to check him out. I think the escalation was intentional on his part. But the police didn't do much to try and defuse the situation.

Just my .02. If someone disagrees, good i could care less. I'm definitely not anti-gun.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
IMO the prosecutor should be tarred, feathered, and run out of town. The two officers who "don't care what the law is" need to be immediately fired and charged with forcible kidnapping. We have to teach these people who the boss is. They think they are, but our Constitution says different. That is why obozo and his ilk hate the Constitution so much.

Yeah, screw the 8th Amendment!

Gotta love Constitutionalists who only know 2 Amendments.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by bg_socalif

I think that's a DCU boonie (or maybe BDU, I see swirls of something, and not a digital pattern) which was phased out in 2005 for the ACU. As such, not part of any official uniform.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

He was wearing a Multicam boonie cap, I own one as well, but no, he shouldn't have had his rank affixed to it

AR 670-1 (Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia) states rank shouldnt be worn with civilian clothing
edit on 4/14/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

what in the world do you think the 8th Amendment has to do with this situation ?
(8th of the US Constitution or some other ?)

what govt agent is imposing excessive bail, fines or cruel and unusual punishment ??

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I'm talking about DarthMuerte's genius idea of tarring and feathering someone.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

also what the hell did he expect , I thought fire arms were to be locked away out of view not on display for people walking by on the street
edit on 14/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

I see you don't get a lot of stars to your posts and I think the reason is because you do not know state laws. In most states it is legal to open carry a weapon, so your post of "locked away not on display" shows that you are rather ignorant to your rights in this area.

The risk of being that way is you don't know when your rights have been violated or not as you slowly loose them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm confused as to why him being in the military is relevant?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Originally posted by projectvxn

I can tell you right now there's very few people in the country as fervently pro-gun as those of us who swear to abide by and protect the Constitution.

that comment makes me laugh every time

Well that is a fail seeing how much the constitution has been butchered since 2001

protecting the constitution one key stroke at a time on ats .truly freedom fighters the lot here

also what the hell did he expect , I thought fire arms were to be locked away out of view not on display for people walking by on the street
edit on 14/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

There is no laws preventing you from cleaning your guns out on your front lawn.
As long as you are not pointing them at people and raising public alarm.

If someone sees you getting ready for hunting or any kind of use of firearm like loading up your vehicle in a legal minded matter, they can call the cops all they want, and even if they do show up there is nothing they can do unless you are doing something illegal which in most cases is not the scenario.

People just see a gun, and think the worst.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

The whole thing smells of a set up with him carrying on. It was pretty over the top like playing to the camera

Of course it is. These open carry people are all over youtube making videos hoping to have some sort of confrontation with the police. They love the attention, the self righteousness because this makes them feel like some sort of "freedom fighter", and potential financial gain.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by Honor93

I'm talking about DarthMuerte's genius idea of tarring and feathering someone.
yeah i got that, but what does that have to do with the government or the Constitution ??

the Constitution prohibits the government from implementing cruel or unusual punishments, it says nothing about individual behaviors (good or bad).

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Are you really that dense?

He's crying about the Constitution being violated, then suggests handling it by violating the Constitution. HYPOCRISY.Just thought I'd point it out. Would you like to borrow my nephew's Richard Scarry books so you can learn how to read?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join