It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Haters and others, pay attention the next 4 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If Bush ends up getting re-elected, I have a challenge for all the haters. Pay attention the next 4 years. See if any of the supposedly awful things that you predicted would happen if Bush got re-elected come to pass. If they don't, feel free to vote republican in the next election. I know I will be watching. If all the crazy predictions happen I will get on board your movement, believe the hollywood left hype, and vote liberal the rest of my life. People have short memories I'm sure new things will happen and people will forget all the current rants. I challenge to you to be open minded.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Actually you have a point there, I will be keeping a book for the next 4 years, and I hope ATS and the internet will still be legal by the next 4 years, so I can bring all my notes and debate.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What you mean like war and coporate favoritism? Maybe watching Kenneth Lay go to jail While cheney eats steak dinners? Yeah, I dn't mind sharing my predictions with you.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here are some of my crazy predictions:

1) Deficit spending will continue unchecked by Congress.

2) The war in Iraq will continue for another 2 years at least without decisive victory.

3) The tax cuts will not spur enough investment to secure rates of return high enough to prevent recession.

4) Education systems in America will continue to stagnate, and will resemble those in Texas after Bush's governance.

5) America will continue to be evenly divided on key issues as a result of the 'great leadership' that Bush represents.

6) Environmental problems will increase as a result of Bush's lax policy on such issues.

7) Weaponization of space will be planned and implemented, if not already.

8) Terrorism rates will not subside in the next 4 years, but will more likely increase, notwithstanding Bush's careful and well-planned 'War on Terror'.

9) There will be a new division, not between Republicans and Democrats, but between Republicans and Republicans.

10) In the next four years, we will see unprecedented levels of illegal immigration, as we have seen in just the last two.

11) Our borders and ports will continue to be under-secured and under-observed, as we will not have the money or human resources to properly secure and observe them.

12) The implementation of huge bureaucratic agencies, supposedly designed to secure the nation and increase the effectiveness of our intelligence gathering agencies will become bogged down in their own inefficient red tape, and will cost billions with little return on investment.

13) In 2008, America will, at best, be no better off than it is now, and at worst, will be mired in debt for generations, it's people will be more fearful of the unknown, our education level will drop, and we will be consuming so many OTC drugs that we will be rightly called a nation of the clinically insane.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Bush Haters and others, pay attention the next 4 years

We will be...and honestly, I hope you're right. But I feel DC's predictions are more realistic.

I'll add to them...

We've already lit a fire under Iran and NK, in the next 4 years, one or both of them will start to burn, and we'll have yet another front.

Such a fire has a chance of bringing other nations into it as well, and major nations at that, such as Russia and China.

With the US attention elsewhere, Israel is ripe for attack by it's traditional enemies, possibly leading to a nuclear counter-attack.

Eventually, we'll see WWIII go from sparks to outright fire in the next four years.

I only hope that DC's predictions are the ONLY troubles we face....and they are formiddable enough...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah, Gaz...

I tried to stick to the obvious, just to illustrate how un-crazy the easy predictions could be, but yours are the still obvious and very possible realities.

Economic warfare is also a distinct possiblity, and we've already been put at a disadvantage by our CinC.

If there were to flare up just another hot spot or two, we would still be too pinned down in Iraq to adequately react, and we'd be sunk, more or less.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
In one post, in another thread, it was stated that the republicans use fear, intimidation, and such, to win elections, whilst in this thread, what is read borders on hysteria. All out world war, total economic collapse, division in America akin to civil war, environental disaster, nuclear attack......

all these things are amazingly indicitive of the fear and hype put forth by liberal democrats in america, evidence of total incomprehension of the political reality of the country in which they live.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
In one post, in another thread, it was stated that the republicans use fear, intimidation, and such, to win elections, whilst in this thread, what is read borders on hysteria. All out world war, total economic collapse, division in America akin to civil war, environental disaster, nuclear attack......

Seeing as the election is over I think the point remains valid. The people here are not using their points to influence any outcome.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Intrepid, i like the new avatar, now if only youd apply some of Worf's Klingon warrior ideology, we'd be good friends.

I agree with Smokenmirrors, all these proficies are doom and gloom based, and stem from a fear base.

While Delta made some interesting predictions, HOW VAUGE can some of them be?

#1 so blame your congress person for submitting a budget you dont approve of to the President to sign/reject.

#2 a no brainer, like the insurgents will just surrender. how is clear cut defined? by Iraqui'slining the streets like the french people did after they were liberated?

#5...this is a funny one, like any of you Bush bashers are suddenly going to allow your minds to be changed any time soon? Nor would hard core republicans...so How willing are you to be lead by Bush to something resembling a less devicive policy?

#8...well considring it took about 30 years (from the hostage crissis on) for America to wake up to the building terrorist threat that should have been obvious long ago...your right, I cant see terrorists giving up their tactics anytime soon...the game is just now afoot...but oh yeah, blame bush for terrorist plans comming to full fruition....and them contuinuing to escalate strikes as has been pretty evident befor he got here.

#10...like these # of illegals havent been skyrocketing for decades???
Like the conditions in other countries the people are fleeing from can be controled by Bush???

#11, what is the criteria being used to asses this judgment call...when would enough be enough so that we can see now if your prediction will be accurate? PS i support sealing the boarders, yet understand how much its gonna cost in $$ and trained manpower.

#13 wow, the most vauge...equal to now or worse, thats two guesses in one prediction....another prediction woven into this blanket...people will be more fearful of the unknown...how do you guage this fear now? fearing the unknown is already fear...so how much fear is fear? ill leave the education thing alone as you already made a seperate prediction, and as for OTC's, If there OTC then people are responsible for medicating themselves, not BUSH...but you can predict that he is to blame for peoples consumption of booze too...no way to prove that either...

Gazrock really dooms us all

iran and n korea, yeah the world community is concerned about them especially the USA...if they step out of line, this is Bushes fault how?

WW3 will not come anytime soon...even if shooting over one or both of these places flair up....who wants to jump up and force anihilation even IF the USA strong arms things....who will be the first to step up and start the chain of WHOOSH!!! Any volunteers to be the first target???
i didnt think so....

I can make some really vauge and grandious predictions too,
but can we all keep an open mind?
somehow i think not...
My prediction?
when the gloom and doom dont come to pass, none of our prophets will own up to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Funny, it's 2006 and most of these "doom and gloom" prophecies from the crazy liberal seem to be happening. I have paid attention to this admin since the last election, and I still think they're crazier than a bag of swamp hens!

I thought this would be a good time for bumpage, before these same folks decide to call anyone not agreeing with this egregiously terrible administration "doom and gloom naysayers again.

Seems like some of our "nutty liberal prophets" were pretty on the mark, weren't they? Amazing how some people can be accused of playing partisan politics by stating the obvious yet, ended up being much closer to right, than wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm glad this old thread was pulled up.

Well?

Its really worse than we anticipated, isnt it?!

I wonder what the author of this thread would have to say now?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And something the author of this topic didn't understood, it's that we didn't hate Bush for nothing, we had reasons. Now our knowledge of this traitor up there in the white house show their true colors.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
and now that it's 2006 and there's a good possibility that the dems will take control of congress.....let's take notes for the next four years, see how well the republicans are gazing into their crystal ball...
will the new dem congress (if they win it) abruptly pull out of Iraq or cease funding it.
will taxes be raised to insane levels...of course if it does, well, there's a good chance that bush's deficit made it necessary??
will I be given a burka and told to wear it???
will the economy goes bust....of course if it does, one could say that it's heading that way now.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don't think democrats will win the congress, i don't even think mid-term elections will happen, even if they do, IMO, it will be as bad as the republicans because of the new powers the president have no matter what. Also the democrats voted for the Patriot Act, for the military commission, they are as traitors as the republicans.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Don't forget the Diebold factor either

It's not the votes that count but who counts the votes.

new topics

top topics

join