It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotic Bees to Pollinate Monsanto Crops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This robotic 'bee', drone, wth, has come up countless times for various different nefarious purposes.

All of them likely bologna.

How are they going to have any control over a swarm large enough to pollinate hundreds of thousands of fields, in a timely manner? Can you picture some hacker with a cell phone hijacking a robo swarm of them? I can. Then there is the inevitable errors in navigation, resulting in the wrong crops pollinated.

All those quarter sized 'bugs' are going to need a power source. Which it to say a battery, they will also need some sort of endurance to go from plant to plant to plant. Which means a big battery. Even with solar as an option, solar cells are not perfected to where you can get the needed amount of juice from something that small. (Quarter sized robot.) Not to mention wifi/cell/bluetooth power drain, + GPS drain and the like, plus processor drain.

Then, lets factor in yet another problem, the weather. Real bees know when not to fly. Computerized bees, either will need a brain, or a fallible human to decide that. Not to mention weather is unpredictable, and ever changing. Of which you either need more computational power to fly all the bees at one time to make the bee smart enough to 'duck and cover', or you have to be able to ground and recover the robo bees quickly.

Then there is predation, birds and stuff. I'm sure some birds will figure out it is not a real bee. Others will try and eat it, they're 'programmed' that way. Fast moving small object = food, same with bats. Which brings a host of other issues, ecologically.

Of which the last issue to come up with robo bee pollination.

Solar storms, solar storms play merry hob with radio communications, reception and a host of other issues. Normally you can get away with just piling on shielding, but robo bees can't afford lots of mass and still fly. So a heavy solar storm day is going to screw with that as well.

So just looking at the problem, from an electronics and control issue, I don't think our live buzzy friends are going to be out of a job anytime soon.

M.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Tin foil hat time!

Companies like Monsanto use genetically modified crops.

It kills the bees.

They market and patent robot bees.

Now?

No-one can have crops unless they get approval from Monsanto and their bees. A global monopoly on pollination.

(I hate the fact that I'm a conspiracy theorist
)

robot BeeZ?
no
NO
NO!

say it aint so....!

OH........bees you say?
ooops my bad

edit on 14-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

phew! for a second there I thought ATS might be developing a bad case of hive mind
edit on 14-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

I don't think it is that far fetched really.

Right now it might be impractical, but imagine in 5, 10, 15 years time with the right technology, processor speed, metamaterials, working AI, maybe wireless energy transfer akin to Teslas free wireless energy device.

Not to mention DARPA is building robots right now with "real" brains.

www.nationaldefensemagazine.org...

A Pentagon-funded team of researchers has constructed a tiny machine that would allow robots to act independently. Unlike traditional artificial intelligence systems that rely on conventional computer programming, this one “looks and ‘thinks’ like a human brain,” said James K. Gimzewski, professor of chemistry at the University of California, Los Angeles.

What sets this new device apart from any others is that it has nano-scale interconnected wires that perform billions of connections like a human brain, and is capable of remembering information, Gimzewski said. Each connection is a synthetic synapse. A synapse is what allows a neuron to pass an electric or chemical signal to another cell. Because its structure is so complex, most artificial intelligence projects so far have been unable to replicate it.

A “physical intelligence” device would not require a human controller the way a robot does, said Gimzewski. The applications of this technology for the military would be far reaching, he said. An aircraft, for example, would be able to learn and explore the terrain and work its way through the environment without human intervention, he said. These machines would be able to process information in ways that would be unimaginable with current computers.

Like other posters have said, I would not put it past Monsanto at all to want an eventual monoploy on all the worlds food production. Having the only way to pollinate plants would ensure this.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
So these "Bees" are going to collect this stuff...

the creation of tiny winged robots to fly from flower to flower, immune to the toxins dripping from petals,

And then feed it to us, right?

Only after the evil doctor monsanto has created the hybrid Bee-Man that eats pollen.

I guess..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think it's called Honey...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh..don't tell anyone....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Monsanto is truly a nefarious company, and yet they think they are saints.

Any company that uses coercion to tell the public what is right, any company that uses deception while avoiding what the people are demanding, instead altering their demand so that they (Monsanto) may supply what they will to maximize their profits and control...

Any company that does these things is so obviously insane.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Bees do that for nothing. Why would anyone want to buy an expensive mechanical bee
Do these mechanical bees make honey
I'll stick to bee husbandry along with getting rid of dangerous chemicals and genetics that hurts the bees.

Because, GMO crops are destroying the bee populations

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Are the robotic bees going to take night time excursions onto other farmers land and fertilise non monsanto crops with monsanto pollen ?
Another few thousand honest smallholders are going to be biting the dust in the near future methinks.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
For every seemingly practical application there will always be an output for warfare and control, if these robotic bees are advanced enough to pollinate flowers properly then there will be a method incorporated by Monsanto as a means of plant reduction or herbicidal applications.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Another tin foil hat notion!

Imagine that we have to have these robot bees do their thing.

What are they?

Drones.

Fracking drones. Mini drones. Everywhere.

I hate drones.

(now hiding under my table)

Sometimes things are sooo absurd you have to laugh....or have a total melt down.....
crawling under the table too...and bringing my camping gear...and a pillow too.......

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't understand the insane necessity to slowly poison the food supply using genetically modified anything?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

Bees do that for nothing. Why would anyone want to buy an expensive mechanical bee
I'll stick to bee husbandry along with getting rid of dangerous chemicals and genetics that hurts the bees.

Because, GMO crops are destroying the bee populations

Then we need to get rid of the GMO crops that are killing the bees, not make robotic bees. I don't understand why our government elite can't see what is happening, the heads of other countries understand this. We must be the laughing stock of the world here in the USA. We have the highest per capita health insurance costs in the world and our medical and pharmacutical industries have dropped way down in their ability to heal people compared to other industrialized countries. Aren't the people we elected to run this country even remotely intelligent? They are led to believe lies about everything just like our citizens. We cannot change our diets as fast as we have. We need to step back and examine everything instead of denying things. Everything is a mess in this country. I thought we were once number one in the world, I can't understand why anyone would want to come and live in this country anymore. Toxic foods deemed as safe, no chance of starting a small business where you feel you are helping your community because big business is trying to get rid of small businesses throughout the country. Sure, if you want to deceive people you can make a killing here in America.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Then when all the bee's are dead and we have just remote control ones left a meteor hits causing some sort of EMP like effect and we now can no longer pollinate plants because they thought killing the race of non mechanical pollinators was a good idea.
What was that creed indian saying

'Only when the last tree had been cut down, the last fish caught, and the last stream poisoned, will we realize that we cannot eat money.'

I think it only fair that if we make it to that point where we no longer have bee's because of some genius idea to monopolize pollination that we publicly execute the future offspring of the monsanto people.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Tin foil hat time!

Companies like Monsanto use genetically modified crops.

It kills the bees.

They market and patent robot bees.

Now?

No-one can have crops unless they get approval from Monsanto and their bees. A global monopoly on pollination.

(I hate the fact that I'm a conspiracy theorist
)

Spot on, beezzer. Monsanto is literally going to control every aspect of agriculture soon as their products are shown to a. require re-purchase of seed as their products are genetically engineered to require it, b. is wholly incompatible with natural ecosystems and has been shown to have a role in colony collapse, and c. colony collapse for Monsanto becomes good business if pollination becomes something that needs to be purchased from them as well. Win-win-win for Monsanto--lose, lose, lose for the rest of us as each one of these increases the costs of food production that ends up being offset to every single one of us when it comes to the check out lane. There is so much that I want to say in regards to Monsanto but those words aren't protected free speech...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Viva Las Bio-Dome!

I guess those of us that want to stay out from under the Corporate and Government thumbs, will need to build complete self sustainable bio-domes where we can grow our GMO free crops and have hives to pollinate them.

Easy to do too... Once you have a completely enclosed greenhouse, your plants are grown by Aquaponics.
A complete ecosystem within a Greenhouse... Just scale to your needs.

Like to see them stop that :p

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What is the roll out time for all of this not to mention the cost...and to manufacture them at a level where they actually turn a profit?? All the moving parts...everything just seems like overkill when you have something natural that does the job for free.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

peeps will buy expensive mechanical bees because monsanto are killing off natural bees and they know it. one day we might have no choice..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Ban everything that Monsanto is behind. That company is in business to harm humanity in every way it can, and if what it wants to do is illegal, don't worry it'll get congress to pass a new act especially to accomodate Monsanto's Agenda. Just think about the law that was passed that enabled Monsanto seeds to be distributed globally (all GMO) seeds, by the way that will only produce one season of fruit/veges which have been genetically altered.

Our human systems were not created to be able to process genetically modified foods, hence all the epidemic diseases which are now running rampant on the planet, and the bio-engineered diseases to kill us off just in case we take to long to die by Monsanto's Agenda. Hopefully one day people may wake up to Monsanto's Agenda, but don't hold your breath on that one.

As Jack Swagger says "We the sheeple (oops- people)".

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think we should program robotic brains and hearts for Mosanto's owners and employees,

Now that might get us somewhere that isn't self extinction.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

They need the robotic bees because the natural bees are going to die off / already are dying off due to the chemicals and GMO crops. It is their way around this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join