It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throw god into skunk works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Jeez, in "Recent Posts" there were five religious threads on my screen this morning.

Some of them don't even offer an opinion. They're just quoting crap from the bible.
Some state that they're only looking for answers from followers of a certain faith, meaning that they don't want any other opinions on this open forum.

Really, isn't it time to start throwing some of this crap into Skunk Works?

I just opened a thread from skunk works "Pyramid Blueprints Found: What Would You Do With Them?" Though the title is misleading, the post itself asks what the ramifications would be if the blue prints were found.

So, if this thread belongs in skunk works, why doesn't a thread entitled, "Urgent message from Isaiah" belong there too? The OP is simply quoting a short passage from the bible. It offers no intelligent perspective, nor does it ask anything to inspire discussion.

I know I'll hear that if I don't like a forum don't open it, but I do like the religious forum because the topic itself invites debate. As an atheist, what I find in the religious forum helps to further cement my belief in the fact that there is no god, just as the forum helps to firm up what others DO believe in a god. I have a right as a member to go there and discuss religious topics, and the religious members have a duty to post personal opinions and perspectives on topics - not just mindless quotes.
edit on 4/14/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe God doesn't want threads about him in the skunk works.

And, well, he is a God you know. I think his will kinda trumps yours.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Some of them don't even offer an opinion. They're just quoting crap from the bible

You mean from that ancient text written thousands of years ago that everyone takes for granted because it wasn't a recent discovery but has been year the whole time book?

You want some cheese with that whine?

You can throw all gods, even your own in skunkworks,

just not mine..........

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Funny thing is, if I started a thread claiming that I saw a red reptile alien land a spaceship in my back yard, that thread would land in skunk works almost before I hit the enter button. But, here we have a thread discussing Adam's rib Genesis 2: 21-22 - Why God Chose Adam's Rib to make Eve when even the most learned theologians will tell you that Adam and Eve never existed. Is this thread in skunk works? No.

I actually watched the debate where Cardinal Pell admitted this, but here is a link to the news report on it.

Adam and Eve Didn't Exist

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Actually a good idea. The Below Top Secret page is so full of god and demons and satan (satin?) and bible speculation that I have to pick thru it like a cornfield to find the ripe ears. Skunk works would fit, or hoax, or something which would go a bit further to deny ignorance. I do like evolution threads, and creation science when it actually gets into the science (the little machines in the cell are among the most fascinating things on the planet), yet when God enters those threads as a troll then all hell usually breaks loose.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Actually a good idea. The Below Top Secret page is so full of god and demons and satan (satin?) and bible speculation that I have to pick thru it like a cornfield to find the ripe ears. Skunk works would fit, or hoax, or something which would go a bit further to deny ignorance. I do like evolution threads, and creation science when it actually gets into the science (the little machines in the cell are among the most fascinating things on the planet), yet when God enters those threads as a troll then all hell usually breaks loose.

Right. I have no problem at all when people want to voice their opinion on how those little DNA machines had to be designed by an intelligent agent. It forces them to use their minds and offer opinions on something that at least has a base in reality, thereby inspiring interesting debates on such subjects. But, even in the science forum, if someone just copied and pasted some long equation without offering any opinion on it - skunk works, and rightfully so.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Funny thing. Eve was discovered a long time ago she was a very early ape that stood on 2 legs.

Also science has found that all blue eyed people have 1 ancestor from ancient times.

So as an atheist you should probably drop scientific logic because they prove god all the time.

In fact you should probably move to the woods and live off the land.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
reply to post by jiggerj

Funny thing. Eve was discovered a long time ago she was a very early ape that stood on 2 legs.

They didn't discover Eve! They found an old skeleton and CALLED her Eve. Jeez! Do you honestly believe those bones were of the Eve of the bible???? Come on!!!!!

Also science has found that all blue eyed people have 1 ancestor from ancient times.

You can't be serious. You just can't! Every human on the PLANET has an ancestor from ancient times.

Correction: Every living thing on the planet today has ancestors dating back 3 and a half billion years ago, when the first living cell formed.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Since all the creation science people here will likely show up on this thread, can someone please post a link to the best threads on the little machines in the cell? Thanks. And Goddess bless you.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The Forum you are discussing is in the "OFF TOPIC" section of ATS and clearly states...

"Religion, Faith, And Theology: Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences."

It is there for people to post the very things you are complaining about

Asked and answered

Closing

Semper

top topics

join